Diamond MMA Compression Jock and Cup Review

Sounds like a good idea. I'm sure your nuts will thank you for buying an inferior product. I for one aint going to skimp on nut protection. I have three pairs of diamonds and one cup (did a deal with Craig the founder). It is hands down the best piece of gear I own.

It's a cup and a jock strap, not a safety harness and roll cage. Don't over dramatize the situation. I've been using the shock doctor supporter and carbon cup for about a year and am yet to have a single complaint. I forget I'm wearing it until I take a serious shot to the cup, which happens often. I also find it funny to see all the one post wonders in the G&E section defending a product and then disappearing.

It's a cup and a jock strap, not a safety harness and roll cage. Don't over dramatize the situation. I've been using the shock doctor supporter and carbon cup for about a year and am yet to have a single complaint. I forget I'm wearing it until I take a serious shot to the cup, which happens often. I also find it funny to see all the one post wonders in the G&E section defending a product and then disappearing.

Amen.

Bought one, I just spar lightly now as I'm old but I caught a solid one square on and it didn't tickle but to be honest.

Without it I would have been dropped.

I like how the first posters on this topic did a sham review and left sherdog. It speaks volumes for the company.

I like how the first posters on this topic did a sham review and left sherdog. It speaks volumes for the company.

Not everyone has time to parole the forums ensuring comments like this don't misrepresent this company. My experience with Diamond MMA has been excellent. I received their cup and two jocks within a few days of my purchase. I ordered the wrong size, and I was able to call and talk to the owner (Craig). He immediately shipped me out replacement shorts. I couldn't of asked for better service. I do not sell these guys products or have any affiliation with them. I know I don't post a lot of Sherdog as was disputed about other users, but that's because I specifically came on here to make sure that comment I quoted was not the last left in this discussion thread. The product itself is amazing. I've been training MMA and BJJ for five years now, and I've been looking for a cup and jock exactly like this. I've been using an XO cup and baseball compression shorts for years, and this is the first time I've felt what a real fit and a real cup should be like. If you have any concerns or worries about this company, just call up Craig, his phone number is on the website and talk to him before buying anything. There are plenty of people on here who are claiming all these people are part of the company and here to hype this product, but there aren't any bad reviews that I can find either. If your worried about the product itself, look up any of the many reviews on the internet. If your worried about the company and/or the service you'll receive, call up the owner himself. It's that simple.

I always wonder what exactly is the "minimum" number of posts one has to make in order to pass the threshold of reliability for commenting. Although I do understand that a lot of fraudulent endorsement happens, I actually hesitated to comment a while back because I figured someone might just say something about how I don't have that many posts, therefore I'm not reliable.

I started BJJ about a year and some months ago, and bought the DiamondMMA cup shortly thereafter. Spoke to Craig directly after I left a message. After I arranged a purchase and received the item, he followed up with me to ask me how it's going, how I like the cup, and if there are any questions I had. I'm not saying this should be obligatory on all gear retailers, but it felt to great to get a call and email directly from the owner himself. +1 for customer service.

I hate having to always defend myself like this, but please note that I am NOT paid for by ANY company to review, rate, discuss, or otherwise approve their products. Also, I did not receive any special discounts to offer my assessment of the product in question. I paid full price (about 120 w/shipping included) for the DiamondMMA cup. I only use it for BJJ. The only reason I'm posting this reply is because it came up on the forums as I was perusing through them and I figured I'd offer my opinion for those who are curious.

I know a lot of people scoff at the idea of wearing a cup for BJJ only. Maybe they think I'm weak or too much of a ::insert misogynous synonym:: to roll without one. But once I've spawned some offspring and unleashed my seed unto the world, I will sincerely consider going without one. For now, since my offspring have not yet descended, I will wear a cup for practice and for competitions. I am not afraid of cauliflower ear, broken bones, torn ligaments, shattered joints, or anything that can come from rolling. But I am shit-scared of taking an accidental nut-shot even from something as simple as a knee-cut pass. Call me whatever you will. You're entitled to your opinion.

Having said that, the DiamondMMA cup is something of a curiosity. I was appalled at the idea of spending 100+ for a cup, but on the other hand it promised some serious protection. I have all kinds of cups/jocks combos. The DiamondMMA setup actually costs about the same as all of the other cups/setups I have combined.
1) Jaco Guardian (40)
2) Shock Doctor Compression shorts with Cup (30)
3) Shock Doctor Ultra Core Supporter with Cup (22)
4) Gorilla Fight Gear Cup/Jock (20)
5) Spider Guard Webflex Cup/Jock (20)

So I gave it a shot, and it is definitely the best out of all of my setups. Now, does that mean that the rest are not worth their prices? Certainly not. In fact, I wear the DiamondMMA cup/jock as much as the others. I basically rotate from one to the next. Lately, I've avoided the Jaco because it's the least comfortable of all of my setups. I completely stopped using the ShockDoc compression shorts/cup combo. It's practically useless. However, their jock/cup under some compression shorts is phenomenal. I freaking love it.

The Diamond MMA is a great cup, even for the money. The only real issue I had at first is that it dug into the crevices of my groin a bit, and was a little abrasive in those areas. I got used to it, and this is not unique to this cup. It happened with all of them except the Spider Guard. If you don't want to spend that much, that's perfectly understandable, and there are other options available to you. But if you have the money, give it a shot. It's a great product and I highly recommend it.

Again, I'm not a troll or a paid shill. I'm just a dude looking to protect has 'nads.

I always wonder what exactly is the "minimum" number of posts one has to make in order to pass the threshold of reliability for commenting. Although I do understand that a lot of fraudulent endorsement happens, I actually hesitated to comment a while back because I figured someone might just say something about how I don't have that many posts, therefore I'm not reliable.

I started BJJ about a year and some months ago, and bought the DiamondMMA cup shortly thereafter. Spoke to Craig directly after I left a message. After I arranged a purchase and received the item, he followed up with me to ask me how it's going, how I like the cup, and if there are any questions I had. I'm not saying this should be obligatory on all gear retailers, but it felt to great to get a call and email directly from the owner himself. +1 for customer service.

I hate having to always defend myself like this, but please note that I am NOT paid for by ANY company to review, rate, discuss, or otherwise approve their products. Also, I did not receive any special discounts to offer my assessment of the product in question. I paid full price (about 120 w/shipping included) for the DiamondMMA cup. I only use it for BJJ. The only reason I'm posting this reply is because it came up on the forums as I was perusing through them and I figured I'd offer my opinion for those who are curious.

I know a lot of people scoff at the idea of wearing a cup for BJJ only. Maybe they think I'm weak or too much of a ::insert misogynous synonym:: to roll without one. But once I've spawned some offspring and unleashed my seed unto the world, I will sincerely consider going without one. For now, since my offspring have not yet descended, I will wear a cup for practice and for competitions. I am not afraid of cauliflower ear, broken bones, torn ligaments, shattered joints, or anything that can come from rolling. But I am shit-scared of taking an accidental nut-shot even from something as simple as a knee-cut pass. Call me whatever you will. You're entitled to your opinion.

Having said that, the DiamondMMA cup is something of a curiosity. I was appalled at the idea of spending 100+ for a cup, but on the other hand it promised some serious protection. I have all kinds of cups/jocks combos. The DiamondMMA setup actually costs about the same as all of the other cups/setups I have combined.
1) Jaco Guardian (40)
2) Shock Doctor Compression shorts with Cup (30)
3) Shock Doctor Ultra Core Supporter with Cup (22)
4) Gorilla Fight Gear Cup/Jock (20)
5) Spider Guard Webflex Cup/Jock (20)

So I gave it a shot, and it is definitely the best out of all of my setups. Now, does that mean that the rest are not worth their prices? Certainly not. In fact, I wear the DiamondMMA cup/jock as much as the others. I basically rotate from one to the next. Lately, I've avoided the Jaco because it's the least comfortable of all of my setups. I completely stopped using the ShockDoc compression shorts/cup combo. It's practically useless. However, their jock/cup under some compression shorts is phenomenal. I freaking love it.

The Diamond MMA is a great cup, even for the money. The only real issue I had at first is that it dug into the crevices of my groin a bit, and was a little abrasive in those areas. I got used to it, and this is not unique to this cup. It happened with all of them except the Spider Guard. If you don't want to spend that much, that's perfectly understandable, and there are other options available to you. But if you have the money, give it a shot. It's a great product and I highly recommend it.

Again, I'm not a troll or a paid shill. I'm just a dude looking to protect has 'nads.

Thanks, helpful info/review.

Could you go more into how the Diamond cup is the best compared to the others. And why bother wearing another setup if it's the best of the rest?

Personally I don't care for the shock doc flex anymore, except for just standup; though I haven't tried their alloy cup. I usually just take my chances most of the time with spyder cup unless we are doing some serious standup striking. I'm definitely considering getting the diamondmma cup at some point, maybe they'll offer a sale soon.

Thanks, helpful info/review.

Could you go more into how the Diamond cup is the best compared to the others. And why bother wearing another setup if it's the best of the rest?

Personally I don't care for the shock doc flex anymore, except for just standup; though I haven't tried their alloy cup. I usually just take my chances most of the time with spyder cup unless we are doing some serious standup striking. I'm definitely considering getting the diamondmma cup at some point, maybe they'll offer a sale soon.

Damn. I wrote all that and didn't even talk about the cup itself! My apologies.

FYI, I'm 6'1.5", 175 pounds, and I have a buy 32 inch waist in jean sizes. The DiamondMMA Medium fits great, and although feels tight, does not feel constricting.

The Diamond MMA cup itself is very sturdy. It doesn't look like it'll cave in or otherwise shatter. It's thick, and the edges are lined with a thick rubber/gel type material which is great at absorbing shock. One thing I really liked about the cup was that it wasn't too narrow. That was a little bit of an issue with the Jaco Guardian. As great a cup as the Guardian is, I feel like my own anatomy (no joke intended) was too wide for it. Other guys at the gym use the Jaco exclusively, and I agree it's a great all-purpose cup. The velcro strap system is a great concept, although I think they need to update their sizing on it. It seems that some of the straps are just too long.

My favorite part of the DiamondMMA setup is the compression/jock that cup goes into. The system is made such that it moves with your body. Unlike the Shock Doctor Compression/cup combo, this one doesn't move out of place. A lot of people share my view on the Shock Doc setup, and there are equally as many people saying that the setup works perfectly on them. I'll chalk it up to differences in body shape and variable things of that sort.

The materials used in the DiamondMMA cup are great. I've used it for roughly a year now and it's got no wear/tear, no loose threads, no loss of elasticity, nothing. Reliability is simply not an issue with this product.

The reason I rotate through the different cups is basically because I don't always get to do laundry in a timely manner. I usually do a final rinse with a half cup of white vinegar, and I hang-dry everything. I heard white vinegar kills germs and is great for washing clothes in, although I don't have any scientific evidence myself reference this. In any case, it takes a while for things to dry, and I want to make sure that everything is bone dry before I put it back on again. So, having 4-5 setups ensures that everything is dry. It's got nothing to do with the quality of the setups themselves.

Now, could I go on without the DiamondMMA cup? Certainly. I could have easily used the Shock Doc Jock/cup and just use that exclusively. But I already have the DiamondMMA, and I just rotate it. Is it better than the others? I certainly think it is. That doesn't mean the others suck. DiamondMMA just happens to be better overall.

By the way, I use the Titanium Shock Doctor cup with the Ultra supporter. I don't use the Carbon or Bioflex cups.

Spider cup is great! I love using it for BJJ. I never imagined it could be used for MMA though. Do you mind commenting on how that's working out for you?

I recall the DiamondMMA cup going up on BJJHQ a while back for 85 + 5 for shipping. That's not a terrible deal. Maybe it'll come up again. I'd recommend keeping an eye out for that sale to pop up again.

I hope that answers your questions. Let me know if I've left anything out.

Maybe I should put up a formal review with pics and all? What do you think?

I always wonder what exactly is the "minimum" number of posts one has to make in order to pass the threshold of reliability for commenting.

You're good,you post in a lot of other threads from what I remember,especially asking about Gis?And you haven't come in here with 5 posts hyping up the product with a join date of the day before you posted the 'review' .That tends to make our noses and bullshit detectors start twitching....

You're good,you post in a lot of other threads from what I remember,especially asking about Gis?And you haven't come in here with 5 posts hyping up the product with a join date of the day before you posted the 'review' .That tends to make our noses and bullshit detectors start twitching....

Do you mean he's good, as in legit... or you're good, as in he's good at disguising his affiliation with diamond mma :icon_twis

Damn. I wrote all that and didn't even talk about the cup itself! My apologies.

FYI, I'm 6'1.5", 175 pounds, and I have a buy 32 inch waist in jean sizes. The DiamondMMA Medium fits great, and although feels tight, does not feel constricting.

The Diamond MMA cup itself is very sturdy. It doesn't look like it'll cave in or otherwise shatter. It's thick, and the edges are lined with a thick rubber/gel type material which is great at absorbing shock. One thing I really liked about the cup was that it wasn't too narrow. That was a little bit of an issue with the Jaco Guardian. As great a cup as the Guardian is, I feel like my own anatomy (no joke intended) was too wide for it. Other guys at the gym use the Jaco exclusively, and I agree it's a great all-purpose cup. The velcro strap system is a great concept, although I think they need to update their sizing on it. It seems that some of the straps are just too long.

My favorite part of the DiamondMMA setup is the compression/jock that cup goes into. The system is made such that it moves with your body. Unlike the Shock Doctor Compression/cup combo, this one doesn't move out of place. A lot of people share my view on the Shock Doc setup, and there are equally as many people saying that the setup works perfectly on them. I'll chalk it up to differences in body shape and variable things of that sort.

The materials used in the DiamondMMA cup are great. I've used it for roughly a year now and it's got no wear/tear, no loose threads, no loss of elasticity, nothing. Reliability is simply not an issue with this product.

The reason I rotate through the different cups is basically because I don't always get to do laundry in a timely manner. I usually do a final rinse with a half cup of white vinegar, and I hang-dry everything. I heard white vinegar kills germs and is great for washing clothes in, although I don't have any scientific evidence myself reference this. In any case, it takes a while for things to dry, and I want to make sure that everything is bone dry before I put it back on again. So, having 4-5 setups ensures that everything is dry. It's got nothing to do with the quality of the setups themselves.

Now, could I go on without the DiamondMMA cup? Certainly. I could have easily used the Shock Doc Jock/cup and just use that exclusively. But I already have the DiamondMMA, and I just rotate it. Is it better than the others? I certainly think it is. That doesn't mean the others suck. DiamondMMA just happens to be better overall.

By the way, I use the Titanium Shock Doctor cup with the Ultra supporter. I don't use the Carbon or Bioflex cups.

Spider cup is great! I love using it for BJJ. I never imagined it could be used for MMA though. Do you mind commenting on how that's working out for you?

I recall the DiamondMMA cup going up on BJJHQ a while back for 85 + 5 for shipping. That's not a terrible deal. Maybe it'll come up again. I'd recommend keeping an eye out for that sale to pop up again.

I hope that answers your questions. Let me know if I've left anything out.

Maybe I should put up a formal review with pics and all? What do you think?

Well played sir.

Whether or not you are affiliated with diamond mma, this is still an honest sincere review. For the record I don't think you are connected, nor do I have any reason to believe, or care for that matter.

Regarding the spider cup, I just keep it in some compression shorts. It's not ideal for safety in regards to sparring IMO, despite their claims it would be. Like yourself, I use it mainly for rolling, in addition to overall training. If we are hard sparring I'll throw on a harder cup like the shockdoc which I put in a jock over compression/boxer shorts. Though I've been planning to upgrade to something better; maybe I'll try the SD titanium or a steel cup until I decide to pick up the diamond.

I think a formal review, with comparisons would be great. Though I'm guilty of slacking on reviews due to laziness and lack of a camera that takes nice pics.

i bought the Diamond MMA cup when it was on BJJ.com for $85. i got a Medium since i wear 32 jeans and most of my briefs are M or even S in some brands.

well...when i tried to put JUST the shorts on, they wouldn't even go past my crotch. it was the tightest M ever...felt like a Small.

i got it replaced for free by Diamond MMA and the L fits fine. i'd say if you have any meat on your legs or an ass, get a size higher.

other than that....great cup and shorts. luckily i haven't been hit in the nuts yet so i can't say how it feels...but so far it's a thumbs up

Diamond MMA cup is a rip off. Completely overrated. Shock Doctor Alloy Titan cup is way better. The edge has gel padding and is a lot more comfortable to wear.

Diamond MMA cup is a rip off. Completely overrated. Shock Doctor Alloy Titan cup is way better. The edge has gel padding and is a lot more comfortable to wear.

I actually have both setups. I have nothing but praise for the Shock Doctor Titan Alloy cup. It is a world apart from other cups. I got really lucky and found it in a sports store for 10 bucks, even though it's normally 25 and up. It's really comfortable, and is a great fit for me. I throw it into one of their jockstraps, and then secure that with some compression shorts. Works perfectly.

It would be great if you could expand on your allegation that DiamondMMA cup is a ripoff. You're certainly entitled to your opinion, I just wanted to know what exactly it is about that product that you feel is not worth the money. I've already posted a bit on it, and although I agree it is a little expensive, it is super secure and comfortable, and probably the most versatile cup for MMA/striking let alone BJJ (which is what I use it for).

Thanks for your input.

I purchased a pair of Diamonds back in 2011 when they first came out directly off the Diamond MMA site. Shortly after, I received an email from the owner, Craig Diamond, telling me that my order was being processed and to be patient because they were trying to keep up with the demand. A few weeks later, Craig emailed me again telling me the Diamonds would be shipped out shortly and he was throwing in a few goodies for being so patient. When I got the Diamonds in the mail, I had to try them out at my next MMA/Jiu-Jisu class so I had one of my training partners (who was very hesitant on the idea) throw a straight up kick to the groin - of course I reacted, but not in the sense of rolling on the ground in pain - more like wow, that was oddly pain free. So they were well worth the investment and time it took to get them. The owner, Craig, is an awesome guy, we conversed back a forth a few times via email and seems very down to earth and really stands behind his product.
Fast forward about 2 years - I noticed the elastic bands starting to tear and get all twisted up. I sent Craig and email, he asked for a few pictures and realized it was one of the first designs that I had. He told me they had come up with a few improvements and would like to replace my Diamonds at no charge. I just got the new ones in the mail yesterday and they are much improved and fit excellent. Diamond MMA is an awesome company and I would recommend them though and through.

Craig is an awesome dude. I've spoken to him a bunch of times and I have nothing but good things to say about him. He answered every email, and responded personally to every call.

Back