Did Chael throw the fight?

If they were going to fix the fight for Fedor, why would Chael have any advantageous positions at all?

He made a sloppy roll attempt in the heat of things. It didnt work. If it would have worked the same people yelling ”work” would have called him a genius instead.

Impossible to tell for sure. He hit Fedor with a good right hook and also took some nasty shots from Fedor. If he was throwing the fight, he could have gotten away a little easier

chael is his own worst enemy he tries to be "creative" during fights thinking eh will surprise his opponents but it doesnt work out for him u have to be a smaller guy and super athletic to get away with that like a anthony pettis ect your just too big and stiff chael

he would have won if hed stuck to his basics of staying heavy on top and punching fedor

Almost every time someone's who is pretty decent gets beaten in the 1st round questions are raised about throwing a fight. No Chael underestimated how quick and how hard Fedor's casting punch was and when he was on the ground he was defending but Fedor was not going to let him out of that position.

Just watched the fight this morning, I don't think he threw the fight, but I do feel he walked into it with 0 training for it. Certainly not a proper fight camp, just a few light gym sessions a couple weeks before at most.

He just had immensely sloppy takedown attempts, didnt try at all to use striking to mask them, and whenever he got into trouble at all he panic flopped to his back. That was the big tell to me it was someone having an "Oh shit" moment of how unprepared for an mma fight they were. 1st time was warranted as he got blasted. Later times it was the same as a boxer turning and running away to get out of there

Rusty doesn't begin to describe it
This is bullshit.

Chael took some good shots from Fedor and his brain was a little foggy. I think he did what he could, but he was very outclassed on his feet.

Fedor was clearly a lot stronger the Chael, dude isn't a heavyweight and it looked like it in the fight.

Just watched the fight this morning, I don't think he threw the fight, but I do feel he walked into it with 0 training for it. Certainly not a proper fight camp, just a few light gym sessions a couple weeks before at most.

He just had immensely sloppy takedown attempts, didnt try at all to use striking to mask them, and whenever he got into trouble at all he panic flopped to his back. That was the big tell to me it was someone having an "Oh shit" moment of how unprepared for an mma fight they were. 1st time was warranted as he got blasted. Later times it was the same as a boxer turning and running away to get out of there

Rusty doesn't begin to describe it

I honestly think its highly disrespectful what you said about chael not training properly.....

Chael was simply outclassed by a much stronger and faster man.Early in the fight chael got nailed by some bombs and after that he was shook and gameplan out the window.

Fedor absolutely ragdolled chael early in the round tossing him like a toddler to the floor chael couldn't match his power and speed.Chael addressed the botched rollover as he recognized he was too high to stay on fedors back and took a chance to roll him as he was about to fall off anyway.

These guys are both above 40 and years past their prime but they put on a very entertaining fight that pleased me thoroughly.

#Goatsbless

I just watched the fight and Chael made quite a few odd decisions. The weirdest one was when he had Fedor's back and jumped over his shoulder. Fedor didn't even flip him over, Chael did that himself and put Fedor on top. Big John even said "I see what he was trying to do there" but never justified what he was doing. Instead of putting his hooks in it looked like he willingly let Fedor get on top. Then the finish was weird as well. Fedor was exhausted and getting taken down then Chael gets to his back and Fedor finishes him. Chael got caught early so maybe he was out of it the entire fight but man.

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/f...n’t-know-what-chael-was-trying-to-do.3849363/

/thread

Chael probably just knew he had no chance of winning no matter how adventitious his position was and thought ''fuck it'' and went for something risky and flashy. He was getting ragdolled so badly even from back mount he'd get thrown off whenever Fedor wanted.

You mean the guy who plead guilty to money laundering and fraud would possibly throw a fight!? Where there’s smoke...

I will say that the reason this is even a thing is because Chael's character or lack thereof. He lacks integrity... wouldn't put it past him.

You would have to assume that Bellator felt it was in their best interest to have Fedor in the final no matter what, or that they didn't think he could beat Chael on his own, which I find very amusing.

Back