Did Chris Weidman actually ever beat anyone in their prime as a champion?

sgtpepper

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
I'm just curious because Anderson Silva was gettinng old, so was Lyoto, definitely post-TRT Vitor...

Discuss.

I'm just curious because Anderson Silva was gettinng old, so was Lyoto, definitely post-TRT Vitor...

Discuss.

Anderson was in his prime and came off stomping Chael. Problem is that Weidman broke guys like Anderson and Vitro and Ryoto.

Luke Rockhold said it best.

Weidman beat old and deflated Brazilians.

Silva and Machida weren't considered "old" until he beat them.

Anderson.

Chris beat the prime out of him

Machida was decent

I also presume Machida was sauced in that fight
Which adds to it

Luke Rockhold said it best.

Weidman beat old and deflated Brazilians.
Excluding Weidman, Luke hasn't beaten a fighter younger than 35 since Strikeforce Challengers.

Jones, Weidman, and Stipe all have done well beating aging fighters. Weidman got the worse of it after USADA tho. That's just how it goes.

Retire young enough to remain a hero or fight long enough to become a can.

Silva was still the same Silva then that he had always been; The Chris was simply too much for him.

It's also funny when people say guys that look like this:
035_Chris_Weidman_and_Lyoto_Machida.0.jpg

Or Vitor and his vastly higher testosterone level compared to Weidman, are old and decrepit.
Keep that narrative flowing boys.

Yes he destroyed millions of Anderoid nutthuggers in one night.

I think Silva was past his prime but not by a whole lot.

Lyoto had just come off looking like a beast against Mousasi though. Went five rounds and was ripped and in shape. He was never better at MW, that is for sure. Very good win for Weidman.

Vitor's extra "prime" had just ended because he wasnt juiced to the gills anymore. Not really Weidman's fault.

Machida won against Mousasi prior to the Weidman fight. That win was legit

Yeah, Machida looked great at MW, Silva was in his prime and Belfort was coming off of good wins.

Prime Anderson was 2006-whenever he fought Forest

He was still able to get wins but everyone was wondering when age would catch up to him. He seemed human against the mediocre chael sonnen

Anyone of you bro’s or bruhs that think Anderson was in his prime against the Chris need to make sure your fitted cap isn’t on too tight and damaging your brain

Back