Did Chris Weidman actually ever beat anyone in their prime as a champion?

They may not have been in their prime but Anderson, Lyoto, and Vitor were still really fucking good at that point. Weidman deserves more credit. Gastellum is a great win and he's in his prime. If you defend your belt three times your a pretty good fucking fighter

I'm okay when ppl presume things based on evidence, such as, hey jbj failed 2 drug tests, he coulda always been using... But machida never failed a steroid test... So..? A bit unfair eh? I
Except he did?
Hence why he's been gone for so long

You ok bro?
Or did you just believe the whole fish oil thing

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...tor-belfort-for-cheating-at-ufc-187-weigh-ins

"You know, I left him alone with this whole drug-test thing, but then we just found out during camp he had a 1,200 testosterone score," Weidman said. "I'm 10 years younger than him, and he's got a way higher testosterone level. This guy's still cheating, and I'm going to make him pay for it tomorrow night."

"According to ESPN's Brett Okamoto, who obtained, studied and later released the results, Weidman had a 0.092 testosterone:epitestosterone level, while Belfort had a 1.7 T:E ratio (most men have a T:E ratio of 1.0"

Vitor had huge T-levels vs The Chris. He was was still on something.
Nice work. But inconclusive. Maybe Vitor was on something and maybe he wasn't. I know he was in the testing pool and the fight was in the US. I don't know what his test results were previously. Likewise, maybe Chris was on something and maybe he wasn't.

I'm not sure that it matters either way. Belfort sure did love his sauce, and there's little doubt that even if 'clean' he was still enjoying some residual benefits from his TRTVitor days.

I'm just curious because Anderson Silva was gettinng old.
silva was still firmly in his 30s and hadn't lost in 7 years when weidman beat him.

don't downplay that win, weidman won because he had the game to beat him. IMO that was not about age at all.

Except he did?
Hence why he's been gone for so long

You ok bro?
Or did you just believe the whole fish oil thing
didnt i say steroids?
read, bud

look, i'll make it easy on you. fighters take ALLL SORTS of supplements. if its not prohibited, more than likely, they take it.

do u know what DHEA is? its a joke of a product. so much so, he probably didnt even think to check for it...

either we can assume everyone is taking steroids or only those who got caught and sentenced are taking steroids.

I would agree with that. 25 is. So Takase and Chonan beat physically prime Anderson.

Fighting Prime can come later as that is a combination of physical and mental game. I would say Anderson was still in his Fighting Prime albeit on the down curve when Weidman KHTFO.
david-hasselhoff-says-you-suck-5330320.png

Prime Anderson was 2006-whenever he fought Forest

He was still able to get wins but everyone was wondering when age would catch up to him. He seemed human against the mediocre chael sonnen

Anyone of you bro’s or bruhs that think Anderson was in his prime against the Chris need to make sure your fitted cap isn’t on too tight and damaging your brain
You only say he was in his prime against those guys because he beat their asses.. Most of the guys Silva fought during his reign weren't in their prime

Franklin - nope
Henderson - nope
Vitor - nope
Cote - nope
Forrest - nope
Bonnar - nope
Irvin - nope
Nate - nope

Outside of maia, leites and maybe okami, I am not too sure anyone was in their prime....

You only say he was in his prime against those guys because he beat their asses.. Most of the guys Silva fought during his reign weren't in their prime

Franklin - nope
Henderson - nope
Vitor - nope
Cote - nope
Forrest - nope
Bonnar - nope
Irvin - nope
Nate - nope

Outside of maia, leites and maybe okami, I am not too sure anyone was in their prime....
What a shit post lol

if machida was old vs weidman, i didnt know it yet
quality win imo

Franklin - nope
Henderson - nope
Vitor - nope
Cote - nope
Forrest - nope
Bonnar - nope
Irvin - nope
Nate - nope

Franklin and Henderson were still in their prime when they fought Anderson, so was Vitor. Forrest was also, he beat Forrest only a year after Forrest beat Rampage.

Franklin and Henderson were still in their prime when they fought Anderson, so was Vitor. Forrest was also, he beat Forrest only a year after Forrest beat Rampage.
Franklin broke his hands and feet smashing loiseau. Not prime after that.

Henderson in his prime? Nope that was Pride.

Vitor in his prime? He wasn't even on TRT yet.... This was in between one of his 3 primes.

Forrest was already like 50 in fight years by the time he and Silva fought.

Silva was 38 or 39 when he fought Weidman. He looked great beating up Sonnen, but people with common sense would realize that you're not in your prime if you are 39 years old and have been fighting for 16 years. I'd say Machida was pretty much in his prime when he fought Weidman. He had moved down from LHW, he was in excellent shape but he couldn't beat Weidman. However, it's not like Machida had gone on a great win streak before, fighters had started to figure him out and to some extent Machida had over the years forgotten that unless you KO or sub someone, you have to engage in order to win rounds. Still a great win though. Beating Vitor is a good win but Vitor has always been very on/off and never really reached the elite of the elite (except for a few flashes of brilliance throughout his career).

I don't think it's fair downplay Weidman's wins. He is a great fighter but has never really been the best. I think he could have beaten "prime" Silva since he clearly showed he's not scared of Silva's tactics like everyone else. He didn't show him any respect in the cage, he pushed through and instead of being afrid to pull the trigger, he was aggressive and took the extra step and threw the extra punch to KTFO Silva.

It's a bit fun though that in 2013-2014, there were plenty of threads on Sherdog discussing if Weidman is the MW GOAT. Quite pathetic that as soon as you rack up 1-2 really solid wins, you somehow are better than everyone else in the division. We know now that he's far away from being the MW GOAT but I do hope he racks up more wins and can avenge some of his losses.

nope, just because I point out an athlete isn't in his prime at 38 doesn't make me angry,
Retarded mma fan detected not understanding that tho lol
Salty Anderson fan detected, ignores the fact that Anderson wasn’t out of his prime just because he lost. Cock head

Anderson was in his prime and came off stomping Chael. Problem is that Weidman broke guys like Anderson and Vitro and Ryoto.

39-year-old Anderson was in his prime?

<45><45><45>

Back