Did Chris Weidman actually ever beat anyone in their prime as a champion?

Vitor was awful off TRT...Machida was still solid, but definitely past his peak.

Anderson's speed had definitely been noticably declining before he fought Weidman...dude was getting tagged by Bonnar for Christ sakes.

Silva wasn’t in his prime and any fight fan can tell you that

silva wasnt out pf his prime

andy is my favorite fighter too

It's also funny when people say guys that look like this:
035_Chris_Weidman_and_Lyoto_Machida.0.jpg

Or Vitor and his vastly higher testosterone level compared to Weidman, are old and decrepit.
Keep that narrative flowing boys.

So that was prime maxhida? Damn he looks shredded there. Weidman is elite. He whooped silva in his prime. 100%.

Vitor was looking like a deflated balloon against Weidman, still managed to rock him lmao.

Competitive against Luke till a brain fart
Beating Yoel until a Hail Mary
Beating (the goat) Mousasi until an illegal blow

Open your eyes boy
Barely scratching Yoel in the first then losing the second until brain damage.
Getting rocked and beat up in the 2nd by Moose until he pussied out due perfectly legal knees.

You can try, but how Hendo performed after that loss would counter whatever you're trying.

Difference was both TRT and Usada. Hendo was on legalized roids extending his prime. Andy was on illegal roids extending his prime. Usada showed up and Andy's prime went away.

Uriah Hall pre-UFC for the RoC MW belt, Silva x2 and Machida in the UFC.

People forget that 185 was a barren wasteland at the time.
Weidman was a young very well rounded fighter who beat some aging fighters with name recognition on his way to his title shot. Then beat an another aging fighter for the strap. It's not his fault though, the competition at 185 was lack luster then.
Vitor was failing drug tests...Rockhold was in Strikeforce...who was there....? Yushan Okami, Chael, Mark Munoz, Maia (fresh off getting tooled by Silva), Machida....all of these guys was on the other side of their prime in 2012.

Anderson was on his way out, but that's not an excuse Anderson played around too much and paid for it in the first fight. The second fight was a fluke injury that cemented the realization that Silva was indeed out of his prime.

Unfortunately Weidman prime has been cut short due to injury and being KO'd horrifically.

His athletic prime was when he was about 25 years old as many have pointed out. he was years away from still losing to Takase and Chonan in his athletic prime (age 28, 29) so lets stop talking about his athletic prime or admit he was not that good during his athletic prime.

His Fighting Prime however came much later and in his 30's as can happen with fighters as a fighting prime is a combination of cage smarts plus physical abilities. What guys call 'learning how to win' which many younger guys in their physical prime don't always understand yet.

And Anderson, like many fighters of that era (Hendo, Sonnen, Vitor) benefited from chemical enhancement which helped surge a later physical prime that now coincided with his mental prime game which you can pretty much see the changes starting around just after the near Lutter loss and right up to the Wiedman loss. It is about a 6 year prime run which is more than reasonable.
He wasn't in his prime man. I get it. You don't like anderoid and that's awesome. You don't need to. But you just come off stupid acting like he was in his prime at 38 years old. Good talk tho kid

Please explain how a 38 year old man is in his athletic prime. I'll wait .............. fucking retard lol
The fact that his last fight was one of his best career performances and didn’t look like he skipped a beat against Weidman you retard

He wasn't in his prime man. I get it. You don't like anderoid and that's awesome. You don't need to. But you just come off stupid acting like he was in his prime at 38 years old. Good talk tho kid
You don't get to have it both ways jsut because you hug Anderson's nuts so hard you can't see straight.

If you dismiss him being in his prime at 38 due solely to age then you also cannot suggest he was not in his prime between ages 25-30 when he was losing to Takase and Chonan.

I can provide you all sorts of real science that would say his prime was solidly in that 25-30 range.

So if you agree then let's admit he lost to cans in his prime. If you say that age alone is not the determinant of prime than stop solely pointing at age 38 as if you are making a point.

You don't get to have it both ways jsut because you hug Anderson's nuts so hard you can't see straight.

If you dismiss him being in his prime at 38 due solely to age then you also cannot suggest he was not in his prime between ages 25-30 when he was losing to Takase and Chonan.

I can provide you all sorts of real science that would say his prime was solidly in that 25-30 range.

So if you agree then let's admit he lost to cans in his prime. If you say that age alone is not the determinant of prime than stop solely pointing at age 38 as if you are making a point.
He lost those fights I never once said he didn't loser how is that having it both ways? Lol I'm non bias in this on love or hate anderson. A 38 year old man that's been fighting for a long was time and coming from a super aggressive gym in chute box he is fucking old. It is what it is get over yourself bud lol

Difference was both TRT and Usada. Hendo was on legalized roids extending his prime. Andy was on illegal roids extending his prime. Usada showed up and Andy's prime went away.
Anderson fought Weidman before USADA, was on roids against Diaz and still looked like shit

Anderson was in his prime and came off stomping Chael. Problem is that Weidman broke guys like Anderson and Vitro and Ryoto.
Wouldn't necessarily say Silva was in his fighting prime at the time of the Weidman fight... his prime was like when he fought Griffin, I feel he was at his 100% best then. even though he was beasting up until he got KO'd, I don't think he was no longer in his "best days" but being out of your prime doesn't mean you can't look spectacular either. either way, Silva was a beast and I think Weidman broke his spirit big time after that left found its mark.

<DCWhoa><{silvanormal}>
Jones, Weidman, and Stipe all have done well beating aging fighters. Weidman got the worse of it after USADA tho. That's just how it goes.

Retire young enough to remain a hero or fight long enough to become a can.
#GREATESTSHITEVERSAID

He annihilated Prime Anderson. Annihilated a roided Vitor.

Back