Did Conor fight chad mendes with a knee injury?

I suspect he’s been fighting on one good leg for some time now.

Conor fought with 1 leg , 1 arm, an Mendes was 250 6'5 when they fought

Maybe he was maybe he wasn't. Its possible to throw crazy shit when injured as long as its not too injured. Crazy as Conor is I could see him still throwing spinning stuff with a partially torn knee.

Supposedly he injured it a few weeks before the fight with Jose. (The fight Jose pulled out of)

He wasn’t training wrestling at all during camp and trying to just remain stable on the feet.

If it’s true, why did he take a short notice fight vs chad mendes?

Was it because he had a built in excuse for a L or was it because he is just that good and on another level mentally...?

Jose pulled with a bruised rib right and RDA with a bruised foot

Conor had a 80% tear 2 weeks out from fighting chad mendes.

That’s crazy
Seems so.

Thing is, literally all of ireland flew down to support him.

I think he was running on fumes and the support of ireland for that one quite honestly.

And yes, I think that was very Impressive. Just In the sense of overcoming adversity. When people say Conor has no heart I would point to that fight. My immediate reaction after that fight was, that was some warrior shit.

Of course, that's just my opinion

Buddy. If Conor's ACL was actually torn he wouldn't have passed the pre-fight medical exam. He would've been taken off the card by the athletic commission. This is how sports works.

Forget about the fact ACL reconstruction can up to a year to recover from, if ever.
It wasn’t his ACL if I remember right. I believe it was his MCL and it was a partial tear.

He tore his ACL fighting Holloway and was out for a year after surgery.

Supposedly he injured it a few weeks before the fight with Jose. (The fight Jose pulled out of)

He wasn’t training wrestling at all during camp and trying to just remain stable on the feet.

Was it because he had a built in excuse for a L or was it because he is just that good and on another level mentally...?

That’s crazy
yep he kod a top 3 MMA wrestler on steroids while being injured, Conor is a beast

There's a Chuck Norris joke in here somewhere, I just know it.

He was recovering from a knee injury but by fight night he seemed fine. He threw a fuck ton of kicks and even a knee with his supposedly busted leg. It was probably still a bit weak but nowhere near bad enough to effect his performance.

I believe he fought him on that yayo. Could be wrong though...

He was recovering from a knee injury but by fight night he seemed fine. He threw a fuck ton of kicks and even a knee with his supposedly busted leg. It was probably still a bit weak but nowhere near bad enough to effect his performance.
Definitely didn't seem fine with that skeletor esque weigh in.

Personally, I think It was the support of Ireland that made him pull that shit out of him. I think he had like 5000 people from ireland fly out. It was unheard of. I think that level of support / a whole country behind you can make you overcome some shit.

The main thing that effected his performance was likely just fighting a wrestler on 10 days notice when preparing for a striker. Regardless of what his camp says, I doubt he was doing much wrestling preparing for Aldo.

a knee injury Isn't gonna effect your striking that much, so long as It's stable and healed enough. More so jiu jitsu, wrestling and training In general.

That’s crazy
<FookIsThatGuy>

Definitely didn't seem fine with that skeletor esque weigh in.

Personally, I think It was the support of Ireland that made him pull that shit out of him. I think he had like 5000 people from ireland fly out. It was unheard of. I think that level of support / a whole country behind you can make you overcome some shit.

The main thing that effected his performance was likely just fighting a wrestler on 10 days notice when preparing for a striker. Regardless of what his camp says, I doubt he was doing much wrestling preparing for Aldo.

a knee injury Isn't gonna effect your striking that much, so long as It's stable and healed enough. More so jiu jitsu, wrestling and training In general.
Conor was reaching the end of his FW days anyway. His cuts have always been rough, but that one was just worse than usual.

Also, you're insane if you think that knee injuries don't effect your striking. Conor's knees, spinning kicks, and footwork were prominent throughout the entire fight. Striking, particularly in the way Conor does, puts lots of stress on the knees. You cannot fight like that on a bum leg.

He was probably mostly recovered by fight night. It most likely effected his prep above all else but like you said, Irish fans probably helped with that.

Conor was reaching the end of his FW days anyway. His cuts have always been rough, but that one was just worse than usual.

Also, you're insane if you think that knee injuries don't effect your striking. Conor's knees, spinning kicks, and footwork were prominent throughout the entire fight. Striking, particularly in the way Conor does, puts lots of stress on the knees. You cannot fight like that on a bum leg.

He was probably mostly recovered by fight night. It most likely effected his prep above all else but like you said, Irish fans probably helped with that.
I never said they didn't. But he probably had a decent recovery time and some Regenekine, stem cells, etc. By the point of the fight, he probably wasn't all that effected at least In terms of the striking. Idk about the wrestling / grappling.

I never said they didn't. But he probably had a decent recovery time and some Regenekine, stem cells, etc. By the point of the fight, he probably wasn't all that effected at least In terms of the striking. Idk about the wrestling / grappling.
Conor wasn't very active off his back so it's hard to tell. He typically just stalled and waited for the chance to sweep or managed to post up right away. If his knee did effect his grappling then I didn't notice it. Hard to tell.

That’s crazy
Its true his ACL tear was 4x the size of a normal ACL tear.

And the dog ate his homework too.

That’s crazy
Mendes was juiced to the gills too.

Back