Did Cormier take enough time off after that brutal KO?

That wasn't a brutal KO. What Francis did to Overeem was a brutal KO.

I'm sorry bro but you're wrong. They both got knocked unconscious...the only difference is DC took 6-8 heavy shots while out cold, Overeem took none.

DC was out cold much longer than overeem was. And when you consider everyone and their mom has knocked out Overeem while dC had never been knocked out, Jones beating on DC was much worse for the brain.

overeem was already damaged goods

If DC wins this then he basically goes on a huge win streak at 40 years old. He'll get to start defending against shot C-level fighters like Shogun. There's no more real challengers in the division. That doesn't ever happen. All the stars in the universe are aligned for DC to take a beating tomorrow.

.....by Volkan? Wrong man for the job

That's the thing. If not Volkan, then who? No one. Just shot fighters and C level dudes like Shogun.

That means DC goes on to have a legendary championship reign at 40.

That just doesn't happen. Guys might magically win the title and get 1 defense at 40. They don't go on huge win streaks.

We're all underselling Volkan and overselling DC. History tells us this.

Nah dude he's the wrong man for the job

205 belongs to DC until he calls it a day, or unless Gus ever returns but I got a feeling he's a closet USADA victim

Dc always has an ace up his sleeve, that ridiculous wrestling, no one in the division can prepare for that and Volkans going flying and then he's getting pounded out or subbed, there's levels to this shit

5 months seems like a long time but that was a brutal KO. And he was hit maybe 6 or 7 times while he was unconscious before the fight was stopped.

I really don't think ppl are taking this into consideration enough leading up to this fight. Once you get Ko'd once it's soooo much easier to get ko'd again. Especially when it just happened 5 months ago.

I'm thinking abt putting some money on no time tbh

The result was overturned along with the brain injury

must concur that it was not brutal or career changing at all. DC will be back from this. Oezdemir SHOULD be a relatively easy victory for him. as soon as he scoops him up for the first time Volkan will be in for a long night. If Volkan clocks DC early he might have a chance. but even then I suspect DC will recover and smother him.

yeah, I dunno where the idea that it was a brutal ko came from. "fairly standard TKO" is more accurate.

Let's be honest
1. He's been training with a bunch a Jabronis. Cain is not 100% and Luke is in Florida

2. He's over-cocky & over-confident

3. Yes, OP is right, he had a severe pummeling by a juiced-up, world class fighter

Time is right for a loss but....

Nah dude he's the wrong man for the job

205 belongs to DC until he calls it a day, or unless Gus ever returns but I got a feeling he's a closet USADA victim

Dc always has an ace up his sleeve, that ridiculous wrestling, no one in the division can prepare for that and Volkans going flying and then he's getting pounded out or subbed, there's levels to this shit
I hope so! DC's my favorite fighter right now. His skills are amazing, his timing impeccable. IT's just .. he's old as fuck!

If he wins, I bet he walks into the cage and challenges for the HW belt after the main events over.

DC was unconcious and convulsing

Damn, I am remember it totally differently, ha. Will have to go back and and watch On Demand™️ with my UFC™️ Fight Pass™️ account! For less than $10 a month I can access every UFC™️ event ever, even PPV’s once we’re a month out from the initial air date! I couldn’t live with my UFC™️ fight pass™️, and times like this remind me why!

The man is pushing 40 and is a life long wrestler. This is not his first time getting his bell rung. Most damage is done in training, not in the fight itself.
Long term damage for stuff like dementia might be done in training.

Getting your chin cracked so you're KOd easily over the next few years or having headaches, shot reflexes, and just generally being fucked in the months to years to come can easily be from KOs.

Compare it to drinking. Long term drinking of small amounts fucks you when you're 60. Binge drinking huge amounts fucks you right now but you might be OK when you're 60.

Last edited:
Back