Did crypto finally crash?

giphy.gif

"The time to buy is when there's blood in the streets".

Because idiots keep pumping real money into "digital gold", all hoping to strike it rich with minimal effort. It happens a lot throughout history actually. Dumb shits were done in the name of greed. Going up in value means new gullible idiots are entering the market, nothing more. It does not change the nature of cryptocurrencies.

I thought about buying some too, but my goal was to sell to the next idiot for more. I don't have grandiose dream of striking it rich or cryptocurrencies becoming medium of exchange. When fanboys say it will be as big as stocks in 10 years, I chuckle.

The sad thing is these people don't recognise that this is all being manipulated. They don't realise that the reason these "bitcoin giants" keep saying things like "Amazon are getting ready to take bitcoin"-which happens at least once a year- or "bitcoin will be worth 1 million by 2020"- which happens every few months, is to keep people pouring money in and to increase the value of their holdings.

Then, every January they sell large quantities, manufacture a price drop, and rebuy.

These people are being manipulated left, right and centre.

4% of people own 96% of the wealth. Now why does that look familiar?

Last edited:
I can't predict the future, but personally it's too volatile for my taste to jump in. I'll stick to my boring investments. For those that have substantial amount in it, I hope you all do well.

I have money in stocks and mutual funds and I'm typically a more conservative investor, but Crypto is so damn addicting to me. I'm playing with a very small amount of my total wealth, so its fun and I'm not risking hardly anything at all.

Doesn't hurt that I've already sold out of 4k profits in less than 2 months trading and could sell out of Vechain alone for a profit of over $6,000.

I can't predict the future, but personally it's too volatile for my taste to jump in. I'll stick to my boring investments. For those that have substantial amount in it, I hope you all do well.
Agree....maybe we can post charts and look at technicals and stuff like that....has to better than just "buy and hope" strategy.

January dip? Homie that shit lost half. Most coin monkeys are just trying to get a free lunch, or ripping off the people trying to eat free.

Nothing lost half. The lows TS is citing were literally minute-long extremes.

I have money in stocks and mutual funds and I'm typically a more conservative investor, but Crypto is so damn addicting to me. I'm playing with a very small amount of my total wealth, so its fun and I'm not risking hardly anything at all.

Doesn't hurt that I've already sold out of 4k profits in less than 2 months trading and could sell out of Vechain alone for a profit of over $6,000.

Good for you, man. I'm only playing with about $1800 in investment, but I did buy 75 vechain on tips from a few sherdoggers in the BTC thread. Got in a little late, but I believe I bought in at around $4. Should probably put in more.

I like entering threads and seeing how many people realize Der Eisbar is a moron.

Whales taking money out and holding it on the sidelines. Wait until the new money starts going in. Pump it back up.

150 billion was taken out of the MC within 8 hours today. Obvious whale tactics are obvious.

JUST HODL

Speculation of an asset backed wholly by... speculation

Where do I sign up?

Agree....maybe we can post charts and look at technicals and stuff like that....has to better than just "buy and hope" strategy.
I would think most serious investors are not just jumping into a buy and hope for the best strategy. At least I hope not. If I'm going to take more risk I rather just do option trading. I may actually do so this year with 20% of my non-retirement investments. May try it in robinhood for free trades. Right now most of my investments are in my wife's and I retirement accounts in index/mutual funds. Luckily my wife has TSP with 5% match so we max that out every year since the funds are good and the fees are even lower than vanguard. We max out Roth IRAs in Vanguard too though.

Speculation of an asset backed wholly by... speculation

Where do I sign up?

It goes well beyond the scope of speculating, but you're likely one of those people who wouldn't put in any time doing any sort of due diligence but thinks they have it all figured out. There's lots of people like you and your opinion on the subject will not change. And that's ok.

Myself personally, I have made over 50,000 since September off of less than a 1000 original investment, and I would consider the research I have done to be above average but nothing astronomical. I've bought and sold at the right times, and hang on to shares in companies that I truly believe in for long term gains. Needless to say, not everyone will be a believer.

Don't bother signing up, we will be just fine without you!

The sad thing is these people don't recognise that this is all being manipulated. They don't realise that the reason these "bitcoin giants" keep saying things like "Amazon are getting ready to take bitcoin"-which happens at least once a year- or "bitcoin will be worth 1 million by 2020"- which happens every few months, is to keep people pouring money in and to increase the value of their holdings.

Then, every January they sell large quantities, manufacture a price drop, and rebuy.

These people are being manipulated left, right and centre.

4% of people own 96% of the wealth. Now why does that look familiar?

That's a simple fact of life. The wealthy own the majority of everything. This however does not preclude the potential for any average person to make smart buys and profit on their investments.

That's a simple fact of life. The wealthy own the majority of everything. This however does not preclude the potential for any average person to make smart buys and profit on their investments.

Thats all fine and dandy. Its when you get these guys saying stuff like "can't be manipulated" and "we're taking money back from the rich". There's people ploughing money into this stuff thinking they know what's going on, and even worse, advising other people to do the same.

Thats all fine and dandy. Its when you get these guys saying stuff like "can't be manipulated" and "we're taking money back from the rich". There's people ploughing money into this stuff thinking they know what's going on, and even worse, advising other people to do the same.

I agree. I do discuss cryptocurrencies with people that I know will find it an exciting opportunity, but I just give them objective facts (so far as my knowledge extends).

"Study the market charts before buying anything and know where you plan to buy and sell. Trade through these platforms. Research which coins have potential and why."

And this sort of stuff is all in a general sense just ubiquitous common sense in investments.

I agree. I do discuss cryptocurrencies with people that I know will find it an exciting opportunity, but I just give them objective facts (so far as my knowledge extends).

"Study the market charts before buying anything and know where you plan to buy and sell. Trade through these platforms. Research which coins have potential and why."

And this sort of stuff is all in a general sense just ubiquitous common sense in investments.

While I've got someone here who seems to know what he's talking about. Do you know anything about nicehash? Whether it's actually any good, or delivers anything near what they claim.

Back