Did Elliot Rodger start a dark movement?

It's mind boggling to think that 40% of men never reproduced...even accounting for the outliers that one would expect not to (the incapacitated, slaves, homosexuals, the infertile, monks, hermits and ascetics and so on) that seems like an extremely high number. Is that number mainly due to how many young men have fallen in wars?

And yes, you are right, my time frame was the much shorter one, a few thousand years of recorded Western history leading up to todays first world conditions.
8,000 Years Ago, 17 Women Reproduced for Every One Man
men-women-reproducingpng.png

These two graphs show the number of men (left) and women (right) who reproduced throughout human history. (Chart: Monika Karmin et al./Genome Research)

These two graphs show the number of men (left) and women (right) who reproduced throughout human history. (Chart: Monika Karmin et al./Genome Research)
Thank you. Going to look into this more.

Thank you. Going to look into this more.
imagine how much more skewed it is for gorillas, where one dominant male rules an entire harem and majority of males die without ever getting a chance of sex.

Life is a cruel, unforgiving mistress.

imagine how much more skewed it is for gorillas, where one dominant male rules an entire harem and majority of males die without ever getting a chance of sex.

Life is a cruel, unforgiving mistress.
<DCrying>

Sad indeed. It's not much of a consolation, but at least they live in a nice tropical climate and have a lot of free time to pursue other interests

That is fascinating.

It makes sense from an evolutionary perspective. Only the strongest males hey to pass on their winning genes, and the bottom 60% die off without passing on their loser genes.

If there are any loser genes being passed on, it's from the mother's side, since even the uncool chicks get banged by the alpha males (maybe not as often though).

I've said it before, but I think the way our society is structured is messing with evolution. We no longer allow the weak to die off. We give loser men easy pathways (internet/comic Con) to hook up with loser women and pass on their loser genes.

But what's funny is that these loser men are still failing to procreate, which is going back to old style evolution where only a few men procreate with many women.

I urge anyone interested in this to read this article it dives into the why of these figures and is a fascinating read. Importantly he explains why the following quotes are the case.

https://psy.fsu.edu/~baumeisterticelab/goodaboutmen.htm

"Nor is this about trying to argue that men should be regarded as victims. I detest the whole idea of competing to be victims. And I’m certainly not denying that culture has exploited women. But rather than seeing culture as patriarchy, which is to say a conspiracy by mento exploit women, I think it’s more accurate to understand culture (e.g., a country, a religion) as an abstract system that competes against rival systems— and that uses both men and women, often in different ways, to advance its cause."

"most world rulers, presidents, prime ministers, most members of Congress and parliaments, most CEOs of major corporations, and so forth — these are mostly men.

Seeing all this, the feminists thought, wow, men dominate everything, so society is set up to favor men. It must be great to be a man.

The mistakein that way of thinking is to look only at the top. If one were to look downward to the bottom of society instead, onefinds mostly men there too. Who’s in prison, all over the world, as criminals or political prisoners? The population on Death Row has never approached 51% female. Who’s homeless? Again, mostly men. Whom does society use for bad or dangerous jobs? US Department of Labor statistics report that 93% of the people killed on the job are men. Likewise,who gets killed in battle? Even in today’s American army, which has made much of integrating the sexes and putting women into combat, the risks aren’t equal.This year we passed the milestone of 3,000 deaths in Iraq, and of those, 2,938 were men, 62 were women."

Incel is just a meme. Is it really that hard to believe that just because someone runs into a crowd with a van, that sometimes, he has a sense of humor too?

Just because this guy did what he didn't doesn't mean he was somehow incapable of shit posting on the internet.

This reminds me of Columbine when people thought it was Marilyn Manson's music that was too blame. Like someone couldn't like a popular music act at the time and do a school shooting and not have the two things be related.

If one of you guys did a mass killing, the media would be going with the 'he was part of an underground mixed martial arts club of elite fighters known as Sherdog.'

That is fascinating.

It makes sense from an evolutionary perspective. Only the strongest males hey to pass on their winning genes, and the bottom 60% die off without passing on their loser genes.

If there are any loser genes being passed on, it's from the mother's side, since even the uncool chicks get banged by the alpha males (maybe not as often though).

I've said it before, but I think the way our society is structured is messing with evolution. We no longer allow the weak to die off. We give loser men easy pathways (internet/comic Con) to hook up with loser women and pass on their loser genes.

But what's funny is that these loser men are still failing to procreate, which is going back to old style evolution where only a few men procreate with many women.

I kind of feel this way with all these autistic kids, kids who eat one peanut and die, etc.

Wouldn't they all be dead and/or not able to pass off their genes back in the day?

A kid that can die from just sniffing peanut dust would not be in the gene pool without modern medicine.

Last edited:
That is fascinating.

I remember once hearing that 20% of the men get 80% of the girls. This usually depresses most guys, but I always liked this idea because it means it's possible for a guy to get 80% of the girls. The prize for victory is bigger than most can ever dream of, basically. The fact that only a few men get the majority of top-tier females should be uplifting.

Pretty sure social media makes it worse for kids. They constantly see what they can’t have

Social media is awful. And it isn't like people post the shitty parts of their lives on FB or Instagram. People present a fake imagine of themselves where they seem way better off and happier than they are. So looking at other people's lives on social media makes people think that everyone is happier and doing better than them. lol.

People need to get out in nature and get active and live their lives. People need productive outlets for their energy and creativity. People need hobbies. People need to interact with others and stop staring at screens.

Last edited:
I remember once hearing that 20% of the men get 80% of the girls. This usually depresses most guys, but I always liked this idea because it means it's possible for a guy to get 80% of the girls. The prize for victory is bigger than most can ever dream of, basically. The fact that only a few men get the majority of top-tier females should be uplifting.
LOL I think you just found a great alpha/beta test.

Just like the optimism test where you ask someone is the glad is half full or half empty... Here, you just tell a man that 20 percent of the men get 80 percent of the women, and watch his reaction. If he's depressed then he's beta. If he gets super happy than he's alpha AF

Back