Did Floyd Mayweather beat the fight out of Conor McGregor ?

That was the declared purse, moron. How much he made above that is all speculation.
So you don’t know either. At least you make believe you do. Does your mom know you use such language honey?

No, what's irrelevant is whether or not he went down, because going down doesn't even always mean you are that hurt. Plenty of fighters go down and look more alive than Conor did. Conor was stumbling all over the ring. Whether you're done on your feet or you're done on the floor makes absolutely no difference, A TKO is a TKO, and Conor got TKO'd. That's all that matters, that's all the history books will say. I know it bothers Conor fan girls, but hey, nothing you can do about that. The all powerful Mcgregor got stopped by britle handed Floyd. That's the reality of the fight and it's funny as fuck. So laugh, bitch!

I agree...if that fight continued, he would have been seriously knocked out...NO doubt...How long do you think floyd would last in an mma fight with conor though? you think he could last 2 rounds or 3? or 30 seconds?

Sure budz. Unfortunately you have no way to back that up though, so fuck off.

Why so combative? I just seriously doubt conor would go through all that, if he was only making 30 million...Dana has said many times that conor has made 100 million. I see no reason for him to lie...consider that conor gets between 10-15 million for his last few mma fights...you think he only made double, when the his fight with mayweather dam near broke the all time ppv record....you need to get real...

Making his pro debut against a retired feather-fisted pensioner who hadn't finished someone properly in a decade, yet still managed to finish the leprechaun<45><45><45><45>

making his pro debut against and undefeated, 6x multiple weight champion...who was going for his 50th win...not counting all the amatuer fights he had....and floyd was only retired for 2 years...I just love you conor haters...just love to hate....hahahaahaha

making his pro debut against and undefeated, 6x multiple weight champion...who was going for his 50th win...not counting all the amatuer fights he had....and floyd was only retired for 2 years...I just love you conor haters...just love to hate....hahahaahaha

The leprechaun started boxing at 12, yet he was finished by a retired brittle-fisted defensive fighter who was shorter, lighter, older, and had shorter reach, and who's last real finish was 10 years ago against a blown-up jww. <45><45><45><45>

Why so combative? I just seriously doubt conor would go through all that, if he was only making 30 million...Dana has said many times that conor has made 100 million. I see no reason for him to lie...consider that conor gets between 10-15 million for his last few mma fights...you think he only made double, when the his fight with mayweather dam near broke the all time ppv record....you need to get real...

"Dana said"

Any post that uses that line for evidence can be immediately dismissed. He also said the ppv was over 6 million lol, and 30 million is more than all his ufc pays combined.

I agree...if that fight continued, he would have been seriously knocked out...NO doubt...How long do you think floyd would last in an mma fight with conor though? you think he could last 2 rounds or 3? or 30 seconds?

That doesn't matter. Fictitious scenarios are created by losers trying to minimize the damage. "Oh, he lost, but in other situation he would have won". It doesn't matter. It really doesn't matter one fucking bit. Floyd is the most successful boxer of all time. He doesn't have MMA fundamentals. Conor has Boxing fundamentals. Conor crossing over to boxing doesn't force him to learn 3 or 4 new disciplines that he never practiced in his live. They are two completely different scenarios.

Sure, on paper Conor would win. But here's the thing: on paper Conor would have the strenght, age and power advantage in his boxing match against Floyd, and we didn't see none of that. My point? What's on paper not always equals to reality. The fact here is that we don't know how fast and how well Floyd could learn TDD and kick checking. He is a genius in his own right, so you don't know unloess you actually know.

No you just are utterly clueless.

Yep clueless.. He was out 2 years with the Bulls came back and dominated everyone in the league winning 3 more rings.. Then out 3 years again and still put up over 20 PPG at age 40.

Yeah???? I said this like 3 times already champ.. He beat up an amateur in the skill set of boxing. Good thing Conor was banned from kneeing, elbowing and god forbid kicking the former Pretty Boy Floyd..

What's your point, exactly? That finishing an amateur in the 10th round despite his age, size disadvantage and hand problems isn't good enough? Based on what?

Comparing boxing to basketball is something only a dumbfuck would do. Fighting emcompasses completely different variables. For example: you can get punched ONE TIME in the first round and that completely changes the course of the rest of the fight because you're hurt and less willing to commit. The damage that is done to a boxer's body is also a lot bigger than the one that's done to a basketball player, because besides your usual physical degradation, boxers accumulate thousands of blows to the head over the years, and that can have a serious effect on their health and how they perform.

So you should just stop comparing apples with oranges. Floyd did what even many of his supports didn't think he would do, so in many ways he did better than expected.

And don't even start with the "ohh, they said Conor wouldn't land a punch". Most people had no idea he would be walking forward like that and not using his usual defensive gameplan, which is what makes him almost untouchable

The reality is that Floyd barely trained and wasn't in that good physical shape. Moving less saved him a lot of energy, and since Conor can't punch, he did well simply letting him unload and gas. Just because i conver up and let my 3 yo cousin hit me until he gasses doesn't mean he is doing great. If you can't notice the difference between a fighter being outlclassed and a fighter not even trying to do anything and throw rounds out of the window, you really don't know much about the sport.

That doesn't matter. Fictitious scenarios are created by losers trying to minimize the damage. "Oh, he lost, but in other situation he would have won". It doesn't matter. It really doesn't matter one fucking bit. Floyd is the most successful boxer of all time. He doesn't have MMA fundamentals. Conor has Boxing fundamentals. Conor crossing over to boxing doesn't force him to learn 3 or 4 new disciplines that he never practiced in his live. They are two completely different scenarios.

Sure, on paper Conor would win. But here's the thing: on paper Conor would have the strenght, age and power advantage in his boxing match against Floyd, and we didn't see none of that. My point? What's on paper not always equals to reality. The fact here is that we don't know how fast and how well Floyd could learn TDD and kick checking. He is a genius in his own right, so you don't know unloess you actually know.

Most successful boxer of all time? haha...as far as ppv success yes....but many fighters have much better records and winning streaks, and actually beat guys in their prime, not waited years after their prime to fight them...try googling sugar ray robinson sometime....he went 98-1 at one point...thats double floyds win...

Then out 3 years again and still put up over 20 PPG at age 40.
and the wizards went 37-45

and he didn't lead his team in scoring, jerry stackhouse did

and its very difficult to average 20 a game in the nba when your team is starting christian laettner, brendan haywood, and kwame fucking brown

stick to mma bruh.

Floyd made Conor his bitch and exposed his fake tough guy persona by making him back paddle and panic wrestle against a small 40 yo that's way far removed from his prime and only trained a few weeks for the fight.

Last edited:
What's your point, exactly? That finishing an amateur in the 10th round despite his age, size disadvantage and hand problems isn't good enough? Based on what?

Yes that is exactly my point.. If you are not a MMA fan let me help you out here with something. If that fight had taken place inside the octagon under mixed martial arts rules a sport in which Conor McGregor is a world champion, if the fight had somehow gotten past the first round he would have been destroyed by the media and fellow fighters for allowing this to happen. When Randy Couture fought James Toney in the octagon you could tell it was imperative in his mind he not allow this fight out of round 1. He was determined to submit him in that first round. Now I am not saying in boxing that Floyd needed to get him out of there in one or two rounds but he damn sure never should have allowed it to go 10. All of the so-called boxing experts said every punch that Floyd threw he would land with ease. That didn’t happen. They also said every punch Conor McGregor threw would never land. That didn’t happen either. He landed more punches then Manny Pacquiao for fucks sake. Manny Pacquiao. And to even suggest that Conor should be ashamed of his performance when he lasted almost 10 rounds against pound for pound one of the greats that ever lived, you have to be fucking kidding me. That makes no sense fella. I’m not exactly clear what it is that Conor McGregor was supposed to do that he didn’t do in your mind? Anyone with half a brain knew he was not going to win the fight. So to go 10 rounds you should be impressed. You are not. But you should be.

tenor.gif

That was a TKO.

Yes that is exactly my point.. If you are not a MMA fan let me help you out here with something. If that fight had taken place inside the octagon under mixed martial arts rules a sport in which Conor McGregor is a world champion, if the fight had somehow gotten past the first round he would have been destroyed by the media and fellow fighters for allowing this to happen. When Randy Couture fought James Toney in the octagon you could tell it was imperative in his mind he not allow this fight out of round 1. He was determined to submit him in that first round. Now I am not saying in boxing that Floyd needed to get him out of there in one or two rounds but he damn sure never should have allowed it to go 10. All of the so-called boxing experts said every punch that Floyd threw he would land with ease. That didn’t happen. They also said every punch Conor McGregor threw would never land. That didn’t happen either. He landed more punches then Manny Pacquiao for fucks sake. Manny Pacquiao. And to even suggest that Conor should be ashamed of his performance when he lasted almost 10 rounds against pound for pound one of the greats that ever lived, you have to be fucking kidding me. That makes no sense fella. I’m not exactly clear what it is that Conor McGregor was supposed to do that he didn’t do in your mind? Anyone with half a brain knew he was not going to win the fight. So to go 10 rounds you should be impressed. You are not. But you should be.

Your simplistic train of thought let's many important factors slip away.

1- Your perception of what things should be don't represent what things are in reality. Just because you believe something should happen in a certain way doesn't mean it actually should. So, you believing that a fight between Floyd and Conor should end in the first round doesn't make it that way.In reality, you have no basis to believe in that, other than your theory that more skill and experience gives you the immediate ability to KO someone.

2- There is a difference between grappling and striking, and you don't take that difference into consideration. Grappling is a lot more clinical. If i apply a good choke to you, you go to sleep. It's more scientific. There are less variables. The only way you can avoid that is through technique. In striking you don't need technique in order to not be KTFO. Having a good chin may be enough. I might punch you in the face 1000 times and dodge everything you throw at me and still not be able to KO you. I'm showcasing superior technique and knowledge, but i don't have the power.Floyd has serious hand problems and is not a KO artist. Meanwhile, Conor is younger, bigger and has a decent chin. If you think that has no effect in the outcome of the fight and everything is about skill and experience you're simply ignorant.

3- Floyd crossing over to MMA would mean having to deal with 3 new forms of combat he knows nothing about. Conor crossing over to Boxing would mean dealing with a superior level of a combat form that he is already familiar with. Conor knows how to box. He is not a good boxer, but he knows how to box. The equivalent to your comparison would be if Conor entered a boxing ring withoutany boxing training. So, you don't have a point.

4- You keep insisting in the idea that someone should be able to make this and that happen just because of skill, when the reality is that you don't know how the human body works and how physical and mental decline can affect your ability to perform. There's a very good chance that the Floyd we saw is like 15% of prime Floyd. Conor didn't face the greatest boxer in the world. He faced a guy way past prime that can obviously no longer do what he used to. do. It doesn't matter what MJ did. This is not basket and Floyd is not MJ. MJ didn't spend his career getting punched in the face. He played with balls. Learn the difference.

5- You're ignoring the business side of this whole circus. There's like a HUUUUUUUGE chance that Floyd made Conor look a little better for the sake of the credibility of the event and a possible future rematch. He just admitted that. Now, you may not believe him, but if you think hard enough, you will see it makes sense. He knocks that fool out in the first round and no one will wanna see the rematch, Plus, people will take a lot of credit away from him for beating a guy that looked like an average joe. You don't wanna be in pro boxing match against someone who doesn't seem to know what he is doing, do you?No. You wanna fight someone that looks competent. Why do you think Floyd didn't even leave first gear in the first 3 rounds? Why do you think he hyped Conor so much before the fight? Don't be a fool. Floyd had all the interest in the world in making this look like a legit boxing match.

So yeah, your train of thought is flawed and simplistic. If you're gonna respond with more of the same, you're probably better off not replying at all.

Back