Did grammar change (order of adjectives)?

P

Pugilistic

I'm wondering because these days on the internet like on sherdog, video games, memes, etc., I see a lot of multiple adjectives that seem off. For example, if you talk about students who are young and American, I was always told to say, "Young, American students." That's how I was taught in school in the US, but nowadays I would see more of "American, young students."

I just thought people on the internet were fucking up grammar but it's so prevalent that I'm wondering if the rules of grammar have changed. I recently saw a cut scene from Wolfenstein and even there a character says, "German, innocent lives" as opposed to "innocent, German lives." The latter would be correct to me.

Can anyone explain? Also I remember when I was younger, people didn't say "drunken" but people seem to use it a lot these days.

Idk, but the way you said you've seen it said recently sounds stupid.

Can anyone explain? Also I remember when I was younger, people didn't say "drunken" but people seem to use it a lot these days.
Your Spanish learning is to blame for noticing incorrectly positioned adjectives...I would suspect. It's all good as long as your participle isn't left dangling.

I'm not sure about the cases mentioned in the OP, but the following are far too common now:

- People pluralising incorrectly. e.g "Country's" instead of countries. Generally adding an unnecessary apostrophe in other cases too.

- "Of" instead of have

- All of the your/you're their/there/they're confusion

- "Definately" instead of definitely, which then gets autocorrected to defiantly.

We need to bring back grammar Nazis!

Inb4 some kind fellow corrects my grammar.

Back