Did Miyamoto Musashi have jujitsu skills?

Ogata

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
People say he was born in a samurai family and the samurai martial art was jujitsu. I have heard that Miyamoto Musashi had insane jujitsu skills and sick throws bro. But I cant find anything on the internet regarding his jujitsu skills.

The thing is, I have heard from different people that he had great jujitsu/unarmed skills which was over shadowed by his weapons skills.

Is it true that Miaymoto had jujitsu abilities?

Judging solely by his name I would say absolutely.

That's like saying does Szymon Rapasz like perogies.

asian-guys.gif

never heard of him, X 9

Jacare tapped him out

He never showered so people never challenged him at grappling.

I worked with a couple people who were roommates with him in college. Said he was kind of a dick, watched anime constantly on full volume and stayed locked in his room, but both of those people got fired for doing drugs at work, so I can't really say what the deal was

So...Any serious answer?

Japanese Jujutsu and BJJ are not the same thing. They have very little in common.

If you already know that and you're just asking about JJJ, then yeah, I'm sure Musashi could fight in a clinch. He had so many sword fights, they must have ended up there sometimes. And he lived to tell the tale, so.

I know Sasaki Kojiro did as you can see in my avatar he learnt it from a snowman.

The Japanese clearly know about joint locks, otherwise where did judo come from? I'm gonna say he knew and trained grappling. But I dunno what techniques he would've used per se because I don't see a reason why he would be fighting unarmed.

Back