Did Ponz eye-poke Magny?

JustBleed69

Touch-Butt Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Keep seeing a lot of comments and threads about this.
During the fight it looked like Ponz just kept punching him in the eye, not poking.

Anyone got any evidence of eye-pokes?

No, he hurt his eye with a jab, but some people betted on Magny and are acting like salty bitches.

Nope, it looked like a jab, even commentators said it.

I think it’s because he has a history of it and people were expecting it.

I'm not sure, but with the guys history it wouldn't exactly be surprising

I don't know if Magny tried to sell it by immediately covering his eye, or if it really hurt that damn bad. But it wasn't a poke.

He punched him in the orbital and it hurt. his eye ball probably went back in socket

No but he did hit him after the 1st bell tho.

Looked like a jab to the jaw/cheek in Rd 1 had Magney reaching for his eye, which was strange to me. Later in the fight I think another jab had him covering his eye again. I never saw anything close to an eye poke.

there was no eye poke.
It was a jab that hit the eye and hurt Magny so much, he had issues defending properly while covering his eye.

From there on, Magny was only on defensive mode, bar from the beginning of third & Fourth rounds where he attempted some offense.

He was never on his own game though.

The Ponz jabs like this.
imagev1bdd138dbfae9023bcb2d80ed0d263f2f-d5gollmgogb3jx6y1q2_ct677x380.jpg

EYEEEEEEEEEEE

He poked him in the eye with a knuckle deep jab lol he straight up beat the hell out of Neil. Ponzinibbio is a savage striker, those calf kicks were some of the most brutal I've seen. On the post fight show Kenny Florian pointed out that he should finish his combos with that kick and once he said that it made perfect sense. I think he would've got a too much earlier with that strategy. He's gonna be hard to beat imo, that kick is a game changing strike, it looks hard to defend unless u see it coming, in a combo its pretty much there for the taking in a sense.

Sometimes edges/angles of the glove hit the eyeball

I think it’s because he has a history of it and people were expecting it.

Pretty much this.

I usually rip on Ponz for his eye-poking, and even assumed he did it again when I saw Magny holding his eye.

But the slo-mo replay showed it was an actual punch, and Ponz never poked him in the eye the whole fight. He beat him clean with no controversy.

And still nobody talk about early Magny headbutt that cut Ponzi eyes.

Back