Did the Son of Sam really act alone? Or was he a member of a murderous Satanic cult?

Seems like there were other shooters.

I remain totally undecided, but I think we at least need to be open to the POSSIBILITY of other shooters.

It's an interesting question, because it's the difference between one crazy person and an entire organized effort. And if it in fact multiple people were involved, did some of those people go on to kill other innocent people later on? Did people die because the police failed the see the bigger picture?

I remain totally undecided, but I think we at least need to be open to the POSSIBILITY of other shooters.

It's an interesting question, because it's the difference between one crazy person and an entire organized effort. And if it in fact multiple people were involved, did some of those people go on to kill other innocent people later on? Did people die because the police failed the see the bigger picture?

The one witness, with the stache saw a blondish dude in good shape pull the trigger. I think that’s important factor.

The one witness, with the stache saw a blondish dude in good shape pull the trigger. I think that’s important factor.

Yeah, the skeptical retort is that apparently--from what I've heard at least--Berkowitz owned wigs to use as disguises.

But it is interesting to look at how many people described someone who DIDN'T look like David Berkowitz, even describing a gunman who was lean and athletic rather than fat like Berkowitz was.

You also have witnesses who, in one instance, place Berkowitz blocks away from the scene of the crime just before the crime took place.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, the skeptical retort is that apparently--from what I've heard at least--Berkowitz owned wigs to use as disguises.

But it is interesting to look at how many people described someone who DIDN'T look like David Berkowitz, even describing a gunman who was lean and athletic rather than fat like Berkowitz was.

You also have witnesses who place Berkowitz blocks away from the scene of the crime just before the crime took place.

I understand timing and eye witness identification can be off but something tells me he ran around with a bunch of weirdos and could’ve committed such crimes. They probably had some stupid pact that they would never rat on each other if one was caught. Plus, he sure as hell cant do it now, that’s a death sentence in prison.

I think the real mystery here is what kind of illegal stuff @jefferz was into?
giphy.gif

I'm not saying that Berkowitz did or did not act alone. But when looking at ALL of the evidence, including Berkowitz's own claim that others were involved, I think you have to at least be open to the possibility that there's more to the story.

Consider that the police department itself that was in charge of the investigation later re-opened the case and the case remains open to this day.
Lee Harvey Oswald said he was a patsy too.

I'd never heard of this theory until today. Halfway through the Sons of Sam mini series on Netflix. Interesting stuff.

Also, some amazing 70s NYC cop fashion on display.

Last edited:
Was listening to Sammy the Bull Gravano on youtube and he was talking about how the mob was even looking for this guy to kill him. Crazy times.

I hate the Netflix docu. It sucks. Maury Terry is NOT a credible man. So sick of true crime docu's being built around discredited narratives.

There was certainly a lot of peculiar incidents surrounding the case itself, but much of it seemed to be sensationalism to me after the snuff film side track. I think that it’s possible he didn’t act alone. The mysterious deaths of anyone who presented them self as a loose end makes it appear suspicious. The dead dogs in the park along with the North Dakota sheriffs witness stating they had seen a similar ritual also presents an incredibly strange coincidence. The woman stating she saw Berkowitz blocks away from where one of the victims was shot minutes later raises a red flag, as does the insistence of one of the surviving victims that he wasn’t shot by him.

Just watched the Netflix on this; even more interesting than the Nightstalker one. I think its hard to believe that he acted alone -even the cop guy that was investigating it but given little access to the files said so. I think there was probably a cult element to it: DB was very convincing in his first interview; second one seemed to me more like someone weary with the case rather than being led on an interrogation. As to the wider Satanic cult and so on, the ending shakes what you think is building up to be a convincing case so im less sure, but there did seem to be a lot of mad cults full of hippie causalities in those days and there is enough there to give it credence i think.

There’s a good doc on Netflix about this. It revolves around the journalist who dedicated his life to this knowing there was more than just David Berkowitz to the point it consumed him completely.

Whether it's somekind of supernatural or mental disorder, he get what he deserved.

Back