Did The Verve steal their hit song "Bitter Sweet Symphony"?

Well I guess I know what's going to be playing in my head all day.

Is that a new Youtube video? Whatyearisit.jpg

Published on May 16, 2018.

This is new to me. I never knew the story of how the song Bitter Sweet Symphony was made and that there was a fight over who owned it.

Last edited:
sounds more like ABCKO are douchebags.

interesting video!

I never liked that song. It was like oasis without a punch

By this point I’m pretty sure we could find some shit that sounds like some other shit in pretty much every song.

It is shitty they get 0% of royalties since much of the song is original. I understand giving up a portion of royalties to the Stones, many bands do that when they take samples from other songs. The Verve got the shit end and should have had a better lawyer.

Oh yeah, I remember The Verve. That was a pretty cool song and video. My bro was really into them back in the days. The song is awfully similar but I'm not sure if they really copied or not.

Depressing shit. Reminds me of Morrissey.

Am I in a time machine?

But yeah, long story short:

Don't steal music from one of the biggest bands on the planet. You will be found out.

It is shitty they get 0% of royalties since much of the song is original. I understand giving up a portion of royalties to the Stones, many bands do that when they take samples from other songs. The Verve got the shit end and should have had a better lawyer.
I thought they actually got permission from the stones to use that melody but the stones had actually taken it from some composer and then he stepped in and scooped the royalties from the verve?

Big whoop.... it happens all the time in music. The Verve was going to steal all those violins and not showcase them in anyway; serves 'em right.

I thought they actually got permission from the stones to use that melody but the stones had actually taken it from some composer and then he stepped in and scooped the royalties from the verve?
They were cool with it. It was one of thier lawyers who was not.

By this point I’m pretty sure we could find some shit that sounds like some other shit in pretty much every song.
I always wondered how many times people come up with the same guitar riff. I mean it's gotta happen

nah it was one of their songs arranged by andrew loog oldham

Awful decision.

Storm in Heaven, Verve's first album, is excellent.

I don’t know but I remember an old fan made UFC video that showed Tito Ortiz getting his ass kicked to this song.

Back