Did Trump's trade war broke Xi Jinping?

I never said Trump broke China. Just that it put the brakes on Jinping's confrontational and nationalistic antics.

I am not saying you stated anything. The author of the article is trying to paint discontent with his title, yet what he is describing may or may not be a big deal nor caused by Trump. The author is not going into great detail. Much of what he writes is hearsay too.

I hope so. He seems like he is a Mao in the making and that is not good for anyone except maybe his inner circle.

it would also help if trump didn't fuck up TPP and burn our traditional trade partners and threaten to withdraw from NAFTA... the dotard does not have a comprehensive trade strategy and it'll be his supporters who get BTFO...

@Rod1: Are you using the wrong tense of "broke" in the thread title ironically-- purposefully?

I ask because your command of English has graduated far beyond mistakes with this tense, so I assumed it a typo, or slang, but I thought you'd still appreciate it pointed out if it happened to be a rare stray. It should be "break".

What is wrong with China's leadership?

We hate countries that aren't our lapdog, and challenge our hegemony in the world.

@Rod1: Are you using the wrong tense of "broke" in the thread title ironically-- purposefully?

I ask because your command of English has graduated far beyond mistakes with this tense, so I assumed it a typo, or slang, but I thought you'd still appreciate it pointed out if it happened to be a rare stray. It should be "break".

Ill just never get used to english TBH.

Best case scenario at this point is trump gives up on tariffs and declares victory even if nothing was gained.

While in office he has shown no ability to make any deals.

If he came at China with a bunch of allies and kept the issue at IP, he would have had a good chance of being succesful. Instead he has done a great job isolating the us with the parris accords, tpp, getting out of the Iran deal, unilaterally moving the us embassy to Jerusalem, and calling the eu a foe and other nonsense.

For those who think he is a great deal maker, where is the evidence?

No progress has been made with North Korea. Now people like putin wtf.

I am not saying trump is always wrong. He is right on a couple issues but overall he is a mess and not any kind of great deal maker

Everybody in charge of the intelligence agencies has been appointed by Trump. Why would he put people in charge that he does not trust? If the organizations are so untrustworthy that he can’t believe the people he put there himself then why even bother to have them anymore?
Trump was not in charge nearly two years ago when this investigation started. I'm pretty sure he did not know that he was getting someone that was not loyal to him that was already plotting against him when he appointed Rosenstein. The Obama justice department and intelligence agencies were no doubt politicized. Just listen to Clapper and Brennan. Facts are facts. Rosenstein and Comey both signed off on the original fisa warrant to survey Carter page who by the way has never been charged with a crime.

Trump was not in charge nearly two years ago when this investigation started. I'm pretty sure he did not know that he was getting someone that was not loyal to him that was already plotting against him when he appointed Rosenstein. The Obama justice department and intelligence agencies were no doubt politicized. Just listen to Clapper and Brennan. Facts are facts. Rosenstein and Comey both signed off on the original fisa warrant to survey Carter page who by the way has never been charged with a crime.

My point was that today Coats et al are Trump appointees. He made it clear that he does not believe them with respect to Russia. If he doesn't trust them he should appoint people he does. 'Best people" and all that.

Ya, soybean farmers are one of the few ones getting fuck. I don't care about them honestly.

This is one thing Trump is actually good at: making hardball deals.

One of the few ones? How many companies will just get a "ehh well fuck em" from Trumptards so they can defend that orange retard and his idiocy??

Soy bean farmers
Harley Davidson
The entire brewery industry
Jack Daniels
The cheese industry (Belgioioso Cheese INC, Sartori Co etc)
Mid Continental Nail corp

These are just some already feeling major effects. Now couple that with his clever reduction of taxes on overseas profits to 10.5% and you have a lot of incentive to move out of the US. Hardball deals? More like retarded bull in a china shop.

• A group representing the solar power industry says that the Trump administration’s decision to increase taxes on imported solar panels will cause the loss of 23,000 jobs this year, with more job cuts in the years ahead.

• The Council on Foreign Relations estimates that Trump’s 25% tax on imported steel would cause 18,000 to 40,000 auto-industry job losses in the U.S. by the end of next year.

• A study from the American Action Forum indicates that a 25% tax on imported cars and auto parts would result in “a net decrease of 157,000 jobs.”

• Another study, from the Peterson Institute for International Economics, shows that 195,000 American auto-industry jobs would be lost over the next three years if Trump moves forward with a 25% tax on imported cars and auto parts. What’s more, if nations retaliate with their own tariffs, American auto production would drop 4% and auto industry employment would decrease 5%. That’s the equivalent of 624,000 jobs lost.

• Research conducted on the behalf of the Consumer Technology Association and National Retail Federation shows that Trump’s proposed tariffs on Chinese imports, and the tariffs China are expected to impose in response, would cause the loss of 134,000 U.S. jobs, including 67,000 jobs lost just in agriculture.

• The latest estimates from the nonprofit Tax Foundation indicate that if U.S. and retaliatory tariffs are fully enacted, U.S. GDP would drop by $110 billion, wages for American workers would decrease 0.31%, and there would be a net decrease of 314,479 U.S. jobs.

• The pro-business U.S. Chamber of Commerce said that “launching a tit-for-tat trade war would harm the U.S. economy and undermine American leadership” around the world. The group also said that the Trump tariffs could put upwards of 2.6 million American jobs at risk, including the possibility of 1.8 million jobs destroyed in the first year of a full-fledged trade war.

http://time.com/money/5322347/trump-tariffs-jobs/

Ill just never get used to english TBH.
LOL, it's one slip-up. I can't speak for your speech, but your written English is better than 80% or more of our native speakers, I'd estimate.

I thought you were using it ironically like the verb "woke". Maybe that's what is throwing you off? When you see that term, "#woke", it's deliberate bad grammar that has what I would describe as an ebonic tone. You aren't "woke", you're "awake". By supplanting a noun with a verb, not only do they tap into this black urban patois, but they've also instilled the noun with a sense of energy and movement; similar to how Mona Lisa brushing her wrist gives the painting that sense of dynamic motion.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Woke

Ya, soybean farmers are one of the few ones getting fuck. I don't care about them honestly.

This is one thing Trump is actually good at: making hardball deals.

One of the few? lol

I'm not sure but China's real estate bubble is going to fuck us all.

Those investor ghost cities that are crumbling before they're even finished being built are disturbing.

I'm not sure but China's real estate bubble is going to fuck us all.

Those investor ghost cities that are crumbling before they're even finished being built are disturbing.

If GFC only fucked us all so much, than I dont think China's bubble can possibly be any worse. China can bail itself out as much as anyone.

One of the few ones? How many companies will just get a "ehh well fuck em" from Trumptards so they can defend that orange retard and his idiocy??

Soy bean farmers
Harley Davidson
The entire brewery industry
Jack Daniels
The cheese industry (Belgioioso Cheese INC, Sartori Co etc)
Mid Continental Nail corp

These are just some already feeling major effects. Now couple that with his clever reduction of taxes on overseas profits to 10.5% and you have a lot of incentive to move out of the US. Hardball deals? More like retarded bull in a china shop.

http://time.com/money/5322347/trump-tariffs-jobs/

I can understand starting a trade war targeting one country.. maybe even two... China being the #1 target of our ire. But a trade war with EU, China, Canada, Mexico, etc.. is kind of suicidal. It will eventually affect the US in a really bad way. This is almost like a reverse TPP trade policy and we are pushing everyone to unite against us on trade. There are countries like Australia and Brazil that will benefit by filling in the gap that the US loses in business thanks to all these additional trade tariffs...

LOL, it's one slip-up. I can't speak for your speech, but your written English is better than 80% or more of our native speakers, I'd estimate.

I thought you were using it ironically like the verb "woke". Maybe that's what is throwing you off? When you see that term, "#woke", it's deliberate bad grammar that has what I would describe as an ebonic tone. You aren't "woke", you're "awake". By supplanting a noun with a verb, not only do they tap into this black urban patois, but they've also instilled the noun with a sense of energy and movement; similar to how Mona Lisa brushing her wrist gives the painting that sense of dynamic motion.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Woke

I think my problem is that i just cant get my head wrapped around the word "do".

I see the mistake now, Did is used as a verb in here not as an auxiliary.

Back