Did you know that Arnold Schwarzenegger directed a movie?

G

Guestx

True story. Our man Arnold has directed one feature-length film in his career and it was none other than 1992's made-for-TV remake of Christmas in Connecticut.

Am I wrong for assuming that if in fact Arnold ever directed a film then it would be an action film? This really seems like an odd pairing. I wonder how this project came to him and why he was interested in it.

51Dg6JY-hPL.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Man, the guy really can't have a stake in a movie without referencing "I'll be back," can he?

A big percentage of actors who stick around eventually want some non acting credits.
The director's chair ain't for everyone

Did you know Franco directed Jack Slater IV?

He also directed an awesome Tales From The Crypt episode in the 90's...

A big percentage of actors who stick around eventually want some non acting credits.
The director's chair ain't for everyone

It just seems like an odd project to take on.

A made-for-TV Christmas film? I mean, don't get me wrong, I'm always down for a good Christmas movie! But when I think "Christmas in Connecticut remake" Arnold's is not the kind of name that first comes to mind.

A made-for-TV Christmas film? I mean, don't get me wrong, I'm always down for a good Christmas movie! But when I think "Christmas in Connecticut remake" Arnold's is not the kind of name that first comes to mind.
I can dig it, I'm wondering if it was easy money or connected to his wife's family or something.
"Arnie, will ya yell action and cut for a couple ten thou?"

By 1992 I think its safe to assume Arnold had the action movie world in his hands, basically any project that he would star on would get green lighted right away; I think with so much power and so much safety comes boredom too, its like "ohh geezz one more action movie.... give me something new pleease!" as an artist and with so much pull in Hollywood I think Arnold wanted to spread his creative wings and give it a shot at this "directing stuff" just because hes bored of doing the same action movies... so hey... producers said "lets give him this small movie project" to keep our money making star happy and in good graces with us!

I dont know exactly how it happened because I wasnt there but I think its safe to assume it went something like I described, or at least thats my theory

I also think after directing it Arnold said this directing shit is too much work and not enough money so he went back to staring in action films OR I dont know if those were the year when he started getting involved in politics

Now that I think of it, the fact that he got involved in politics kinda proves my theory that at some point he just got tired to staring in action films and wanted to do something different

Could it be that he maybe just didn't want to attract too much attention? You probably don't want to test the waters on some huge action movie that will have everyone either rooting for you to succeed or fail, and it's making headlines for months before the movie's release.

Other than apple pie, what's more wholesome and American than making a Christmas movie?

Why would you say that? He’s all about the season!

tumblr_mf3tf8Xs5u1qfr6udo1_500.gif

Back