Did you know that Arnold Schwarzenegger directed a movie?

Why would you say that? He’s all about the season!

tumblr_mf3tf8Xs5u1qfr6udo1_500.gif

You know, I was really disappointed with Jingle All the Way the first time I saw it. But it has grown on me.

Oh yeah.

I think it was only a year or two later that Demolition Man joked about him having been president in the "past."

So do you think that early on he actually had PLANS to get into politics or he was just considering it a possibility at some point in the distant future?

So do you think that early on he actually had PLANS to get into politics or he was just considering it a possibility at some point in the distant future?

I think it was his ideal "phase three" and he really didn't have to go too far out of his way to simultaneously advance toward it.

Thank you for this thread. As I watched the vid for the trailer, it reminded me strongly of what it feels like to fall half-asleep with your eyes open, late at night when watching TV, where you can still see the screen but have no idea what's actually going on.

It probably wasn't his choice on the movie. When proving to studios you can direct they usually put you in whatever is available. Then once you prove you can do it, you have more choice in what you direct. Almost every director goes through it and it's a gauntlet because you can be stuck on some shitty projects over and over until someone trusts you.

It's got Kris Kristopherson and Pugsley!

Otherwise I have no idea what that hell that movie is about after watching the preview. lol

He should have called it Christmas in Connecticut II: Get to the Chopper.

You know, I was really disappointed with Jingle All the Way the first time I saw it. But it has grown on me.

Ha as a huge Arnold fan and as a fan of Sinbad (Loved Houseguest as well, RIP Phil Hartman who was in both) that movie was always a guilty pleasure watch for me. The way Arnold says Turboman is still funny. I remember Arnold on Stern promoting the movie and Howard keeps asking him about all the girls he's banged and Arnold keeps deflecting and repeating go see Jingle All the Way, cracked me up.

On topic that trailer is hilarious and such a product of it's time. Can't say the movie intrigues me all that much though.

Obviously the movie parallels his life with ex wife Maria Schriver. 'Shes hungry for ratings, he's hungry for dinner.' Gold.

Back