Did you know that the CIA was planning to fake a gay sex tape with Saddam?

This is why I can respect some of you posters, you have an opinion. It seems that in 2017 its a dirty word, I couldn't care less what it is just reason well and back it up. Agree with me? Who cares, just believe in yourself and explain your reasoning well.

The problem with these countries is we're being played yet don't call them on it. We're so caught up in being honourable etc that we leave our pants down and wonder why we're getting butt fucked. Like Vietnam we are so caught up in making sure the voters are on our side we dictate how to fight. I read somewhere compassion is weakness in war and I can't argue with that.

Anyway I'm to bed soon, take it easy mate and next time hammer me as I love a good debate when the times right.
Agreed, I respect a well-reasoned opinion, regardless of whether or not I believe in it or not. And I respect someone such as yourself who doesn't feel the need to fling mud and name-call in order to prove their point. Honestly, it's a rare quality these days, and it speaks to good character.

I'd say yes and no. There are definitely times to be diplomatic in warfare, and that's one of the principles that guerrilla warfare is founded on. But we also need to understand our environment. One of the things that many people, myself included, is that Iraqis do not seem to understand anything other than strength. Saddam ruled ruthlessly, and that seemed to be what they respected. When we came in, trying to win hearts and minds with kindness, they didn't respect us or our style of governance. Perhaps what we needed to do was crack a few extra skulls, put a few throats under our boots, and treat them a little worse so that they understood that we were not to be fucked with. When they got that, we could then ease up, help move them into the 21st century, and then go from there. But they saw us as weak. For other times, it may require a smoother touch. Knowing your audience is important. Of course, there is the homefront to consider as well. I know a lot of people will say that our society has become too militaristic, but I don't think that's the case in a lot of ways. I think that the American military and society have less in common with one another than they have in a long time, perhaps ever. When we don't understand one another, we can't have a discussion about what needs to be done and why. Because we ultimately answer to the uneducated civilian leadership and public (at least in regards to military affairs), we get bad ideas that we are committed to follow, and we end up with bad results. We need them and the whole public to do their piece, support the good ideas (which might be different than the good sound bytes), and work together to create good policies that make sense.

Take it easy, and sleep well. Looking forward to talking again another time.

The israelis did the same with arafat minus the tape. They used the internet to spread gay rumors about arafat

I never paid attention after they pulled him outta that hole.
Just an ex dictator shit talker waiting to die, ain't a thing worth hearing.

Saddam kept peace in his country and the people were far better off with him than without him. His people do not have mindsets where democracy works. It defaults to chaos and death.

They tried to kill Castro with an exoloding cigar too.

They prolly have an exploding horse right now waiting to be ridden by a shirtless Putin.

Trump leaked(pun intended) this story.
Piss Tape Looms.

I had never heard of it until recently.
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2010/may/26/cia-saddam-hussein-gay-sex-smear-plot

"According to the Washington Post's security blog, some of America's spooks believed that shooting a fake video of Saddam cavorting with a teenage boy might destabilise his regime in the runup to the US-led invasion in 2003. "It would look like it was taken by a hidden camera. Very grainy, like it was a secret videotaping of a sex session," the Washington Post quoted one former CIA official as saying.

Nor was the Saddam sex tape the only idea floating around the more bizarre corners of the CIA's Iraq Operations Group. Other ploys involved interrupting Iraqi television with a false newsflash that would announce Saddam was handing over power to his hated and feared son Uday. The presumed idea was to shock the Iraqi people into rising up against their leaders and thus make the invasion a lot easier."

What the hell? If he was such a bad person, why not just highlight the truth?

they'd planned similar things with fiddel castro, including shaving his beard. true story.

I guess the NSA/etc. video editors dodged a bullet with that potential request.

Otherwise walk into work like. . .

p02Ok64.gif

that would have been hilarious haha

i wish they had pulled it off

They should do that tactic featuring all the major bad guys.

Back