Did your parents WANT you to move out of the house or not?

WorldofWarcraft

Holy Paladin
Banned
Reaction score
For those of us that have our own places to live in, when it was time for you to move out, did your mom and/or dad want you to move out? Did they do countdowns to your 18th birthday, did they kick you out, or did they beg you to stay?

I was the last of my siblings to move out of the house, and my mom didn't want me to go.

left when i was 18, with a bag of clothes and the equivalent of 100 dollars in my pocket, moved to another city.
nobody had a say in my decision except me.

i find it hard to believe people actually rationalize staying home until they are almost 25-30 cause "they save on the rent". fucks sake. jerk off and save the dating money. yeah, same logic. grow a pair and be a man.

My mom had me thrown in jail at 18 so I'd say she wanted me out

Moved out for college and never moved back in. Great relationship with my parents but I had / have no desire to live at "home" ever again.

I've been in and out of my parents house since I was 15. My mom never wants me to move out. We've got a close relationship, and I think she's scared we might lose that if I leave.

left when i was 18, with a bag of clothes and the equivalent of 100 dollars in my pocket, moved to another city.
nobody had a say in my decision except me.

i find it hard to believe people actually rationalize staying home until they are almost 25-30 cause "they save on the rent". fucks sake. jerk off and save the dating money. yeah, same logic. grow a pair and be a man.

It is much higher if you count 25 to 27 and 25 to 29 year range. after that it drops off heavily. i imagine rest of world similar except anglo and germanic countries

image-447811-galleryV9-fcmy.jpg

Moved out at 21 and back in at 26 when I went back to school to be a Murse and then moved out again at 28 when I got a decent paying nurse assistant gig at a hospital.

Bought a house with my fiancée this year and now they’re here all the time <45>

Moved out at 21 and back in at 26 when I went back to school to be a Murse and then moved out again at 28 when I got a decent paying nurse assistant gig at a hospital.

Bought a house with my fiancée this year and now they’re here all the time

To answer the question they always told me I could live with em as long as I needed.

<45>

moved out around 25/26? I forget. but they were unhappy with it.

Does indifference count?

My mom kicked me out when I was 18, if it was up to me I never woulda left

I got kicked out

Well deserved. I wasent doing shit

When i was a senior in high school two of my friends rented an apartment together bit one of them flaked last minute so i took his place. I think my parents thought it was temporary but i never went back

i'm the oldest out of 5 kids but my parents didnt care. as for me, i left first chance that i got and never looked back. i joined the military straight out of HS since i grew up poor, too stupid for college, and there were no opportunities where i lived at

I moved out at 18 for college and never came back after graduation. My Mom was cool but I sure as hell wasn't moving back home. I lived in the straight up ghetto for years in an apartment with a good buddy, struggling to make ends meet, but it built tons of character that I really needed. I have a friend that is 36 and still lives at home with Dad, he'll never move out as he's been enabled his entire life and has no clue how to be man. Every situation is different, I realize that. I'm just glad I trusted in myself.

i'm the oldest out of 5 kids but my parents didnt care. as for me, i left first chance that i got and never looked back. i joined the military straight out of HS since i grew up poor, too stupid for college, and there were no opportunities where i lived at

My brother did the same, he's a better person for doing so. He really grew up in the Marines.

My parents didn't care if we did or not. I think as long as we had a plan to do something with our lives. I didn't move out until 23 when I moved out of state.

My brother did the same, he's a better person for doing so. He really grew up in the Marines.

joining the military was the best decision of my life. a buddy of mine in HS was supposed to join with me under the buddy program but knocked up his gf and pussed out. it's been a little over 20 years since i graduated from boot camp and my old buddies are still in the same town, doing the same thing (absolutely nothing).

military helped me mature as a person and gave me some focus/direction. even though i didnt stay in, i acquired a set of skills that translated to a govt job that is paying very well.

my advice to you young guys is that if you have a decent head on your shoulders and dont have any options after hs, try the military. 4 years may seam like a long time but it goes by in the blink of an eye. you can learn a trade, get well connected, get the GI bill that can pay for your college with a housing allowance(i was getting 3200 a month for going to school full time in hawaii)

Back