Didn't even get a penalty on this tackle

tothepoint

One Percenter
Reaction score
Posted this in the GIF thread earlier. But this is important enough for its own discussion.

SEE THIS GIF

THIS IS LATE 90's NFL FOOTBALL!

PRE TOM BRADY TUCK RULE FOOTBALL!

PAUL TAGLIABUE NFL FOOTBALL!

WE WANT IT BACK!!!

Last edited:
A Packer besmirching a Vican?

No penalty necessary, that's just how the food chain works

I remember that tackle, it was awesome. Simmons was a beast. he had a knack for doing something violent at just the right time.

My favorite part of the gif is where Sean Jones (top right) extends his fist in approval at the very end.

In regards to your thread title, why should that even be considered a penalty?

I like how you think.

The point is, is that the NFL is not the league it used to be. Tackles like this would be the top story on EPSN and CNN for a week in todays PC bullshit world of sports.

In regards to your thread title, why should that even be considered a penalty?

Grabbed him, swung him to the ground, then instead of letting him reach the ground, picked him up and slammed him to the turf.

I agree with the general sentiment being expressed by the TS... but this should have been a roughing penalty.

Grabbed him, swung him to the ground, then instead of letting him reach the ground, picked him up and slammed him to the turf.

I agree with the general sentiment being expressed by the TS... but this should have been a roughing penalty.

His knee clearly swept the ground. The refs weren't in position to call it.

I'm not sure if they'd call it a penalty now. He wasn't grabbing him by the facemask.

they would have blown the whistle as soon as his forward progress was stopped. So it would have been probably roughing and unsportsmanlike conduct.

Back