DIE HARD: YEAR ONE (Len Wiseman to Direct)

die-hard-6-pitch.jpg

Eric D. Wilkinson, whose biggest film credit to date is a probably as a producer on the comedy spoof Paranormal Movie, put his treatment in a full page spread/open letter in the print edition of The Hollywood Reporter, addressed to Bruce Willis, Lorenzo di Bonaventura, and Len Wiseman, the trio shepherding the sixth Die Hard movie. Here's the meat of it:

Former hero cop John McClane, 60 years old and beat to shit, is a convicted felon, being carted off to a Federal prison. Why?

Flashback to 1979, where 24-year-old New York City Patrol Officer John McClane is part of a team of cops assigned to investigate the murder of 6-year-old Ethan Peller, working under the direction of an up-and-coming Detective Stan Winshaw. Strong police work leads McClane to suspect possible sex trafficker Clarence Sutton, who mysteriously vanishes moments before McClane can make the arrest. The rule-breaking McClane and his superior Winshaw butt heads. The trail goes cold and the case is never solved. When McClane makes unprovable accusations about Winshaw he is transferred to the city’s bleakest division.

34 years later, Detective John McClane takes a personal leave and heads to Moscow to help his estranged son, who is being tried in a Russian court. While McClane is out of the country, the remains of Clarence Sutton are discovered, not only with DNA evidence linking Sutton to the murder of Ethan Peller, but additional evidence that ties John McClane to Sutton’s killing.

Upon McClane’s return from Russia, he is arrested, tried and convicted for the murder of Clarence Sutton. He is given a 30 year prison sentence in ADX Florence, an ultra-maximum-security, or ”supermax” prison which houses some of the most dangerous criminals in the country, including Omar Al-Maqdisi and Abdul bin Saeed, masterminds of the two worst terrorist attacks on American soil.

Following the Russian adventure, John had successfully reunited his family and reconnected with his wife Holly. Now, while he serves his sentence, Holly has been spending all of her time and effort on his appeal - especially once new evidence surfaces which may not only exonerate McClane, but also implicate Stan Winshaw (now a decorated police Captain) who may have framed John for the murder of the suspect they were chasing nearly forty years ago. However the day Holly goes to the prison to deliver this news personally to John, a riot breaks out, and before she can safely leave, the prison is put on lockdown.

But this is no ordinary prison riot.

By nightfall, inmates control the facility, holding Holly McClane and many other hostages. We soon learn that the riot itself was a distracting subterfuge… part of a plan to break both Al-Maqdisi and bin Saeed out of prison so they can help complete a horrific new terrorist attack in New York City.

However the one thing the terrorists didn’t count on was the one man who is always in the wrong place at the wrong time… And when it comes to John McClane, old habits die hard.

http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplayl...ll-page-ad-in-the-hollywood-reporter-20151111

It should be called Old Habits Die Hard. Will Jai Courtney come back and rescue his old man? Kate Beckinsale is married to Len Wiseman, bring her into the fold and give a role. I want her to do another villain. I like here in Total Recall.

This story sounds fucking awesome. Jesus Christ I hope I gets picked up

I'll watch if they get Shia Lebouf to play young McClane.

Erik D. Wilkinson's gimmick got exposed ITT.

that sounds like a pretty good story lmao. would be awesome if they picked it up

die-hard-6-pitch.jpg

Eric D. Wilkinson, whose biggest film credit to date is a probably as a producer on the comedy spoof Paranormal Movie, put his treatment in a full page spread/open letter in the print edition of The Hollywood Reporter, addressed to Bruce Willis, Lorenzo di Bonaventura, and Len Wiseman, the trio shepherding the sixth Die Hard movie. Here's the meat of it:

http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplayl...ll-page-ad-in-the-hollywood-reporter-20151111

holy shit put a spoiler alert on that brah

Pretty interesting. I wonder how much it cost him.

Ad prices in Hollywood Reporter

The estimated rate for ads in the magazine is $10,450.00. Note: This estimate is for a full-page, black and white ad. This is only an estimate. It may be completely incorrect. Actual prices may be higher or lower. Many factors determine current magazine ad rates. Contact the magazine's advertising department for an exact quote.
http://www.gaebler.com/Hollywood+Reporter-magazine-advertising-costs++35157

Probably a pretty good ball park figure.

I like the concept for the film.

Not watching unless Samuel Jackson is in the prison.

That story sounds fucking terrible and there's a reason this guy has to resort to taking out full page ads to get people to notice his ideas if that's the kind of shit he thinks up.

In case you missed it in MNN last month, Fox is planning a Die Hard origin story

God dammit, the original Die Hard was an origin story. Die Hard is the story of how an average everyday cop rose up to meet the challenge and become a hero. What the hell will his origin story tell? The story of John and Holly's troubled marriage? Already addressed in Die Hard. John McClane joining the police academy? Who the fuck cares?

The corpse of Die Hard has been picked clean. Just let it go.

Die Hard: Year One (film) 2017

John McClane has proved hard to kill in the first five Die Hard films and now it has been confirmed that Bruce Willis is to return as the NYPD police officer.

Deadline has reported that a sixth film is be made with Len Wiseman, who directed Live Free Or Die Hard in 2007, leading the project.

It is understood the story will be a prequel to the very first film which was released in 1988 and will be set in 1979.

It will explain to audiences how McClane came to become the chain-smoking vigilante audiences are now familiar with.

Willis will star as McClane in the modern day with another actor playing the younger version.

In 2012 Joseph Gordon-Levitt played a younger version of Willis in the 2012 film Looper but it is not known if he will be involved in this film.

The fifth film in the franchise, A Good Day To Die Hard, was released in 2013 and received poor reviews but still topped the box office.

Willis has previously hinted that he would like to return as his most famous character.

In an interview with The Daily Telegraph in 2013, he said: "I have a very warm spot in my heart for Die Hard. Just the novelty of being able to play the same character over 25 years and still be asked back is fun."

Wiseman is married to British actress Kate Beckinsale and is best known for his work on the vampire films Underworld.

john-mcclane-die-hard-6.jpg

http://news.sky.com/story/1570195/bruce-willis-in-talks-for-die-hard-6-return

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2015/10/...ng-john-mcclane-prequel-is-a-really-cool-idea

Back