Diet Coke and weight cutting

venum1

White Belt
Reaction score
Would diet coke help or hurt a weight cut for a tourney?

It will not help it stay away from caffeine and sodium. Drink water and stay away from processed food like bread and cereals in addition to fats and alcohol.

Drink SIX litres - the aspartame makes you lose 15lbs, guaranteed.

It's fine. There are far greater things to be concerned about when cutting weight than a drink with absolutely no calories.

Some people experience bloating when using artificial sweeteners. If you do not, then you are fine.

edit: Ok, Sin & MM posted twice on the same day, to what do we owe the honor?

Is the sodium conent a non issue? Water gain etc?

Only if you drink a gallon of it.

Diet Coke is terrible for you. Drink water. It is a struggle at first to get off Soda's but after a while of drinking water all of those soft drinks will taste disgustingly sweet.

Drink SIX litres - the aspartame makes you lose 15lbs, guaranteed.

delicious...

nature combines amino acid naturally in food, afaik. taking aspartame, which breaks down to phenylalanine, even if you aren't PKU, is a bad idea. just a bad, bad idea. aspartame has a very strange history.

I had to ship in gum from argentina because i couldn't find any gum that didn't contain aspartame. crazy stuff to study. the rabbit hole goes very deep here.

Funny story: one January I noticed I was not losing my Christmas weight. Was following a fairly clean diet that had always worked before. Except for one thing, was consuming @ 3 cans of diet soda each day.

Found out the artificial sweetener can turn on fat storing hormones similar to sugar. So even though the drink does not have any significant calories, the body is told to try harder to store fat concerning the other calories you are consuming throughout the day.

Quit the soda and the weight starting dropping immediately. May also have worked if I scaled back to 1 can a day, who knows? 3 was definitely too much.

Funny story: one January I noticed I was not losing my Christmas weight. Was following a fairly clean diet that had always worked before. Except for one thing, was consuming @ 3 cans of diet soda each day.

Found out the artificial sweetener can turn on fat storing hormones similar to sugar. So even though the drink does not have any significant calories, the body is told to try harder to store fat concerning the other calories you are consuming throughout the day.

Quit the soda and the weight starting dropping immediately. May also have worked if I scaled back to 1 can a day, who knows? 3 was definitely too much.

if i drink any type of soda, i'll pretty much throw up. my friend gave me some redline shit and i had been drinking only water all day, i tried redline energy drink, kept drinking water for 30 minutes afterward, and all of a sudden threw up, but i could feel a belly full of water stay while only the carbonated filth came out.

thats never happened, but its been awhile since i tried soda

if i drink any type of soda, i'll pretty much throw up. my friend gave me some redline shit and i had been drinking only water all day, i tried redline energy drink, kept drinking water for 30 minutes afterward, and all of a sudden threw up, but i could feel a belly full of water stay while only the carbonated filth came out.

thats never happened, but its been awhile since i tried soda

lol. So you drank the redline first, then the water....but somehow your body filtered out the redline and rejected it?

Do you really believe our bodies work like that?

Soda's do not even taste good except for materva n colombiana(apple flavor), stick to water n juice if you want something sweet. If you drink a bunch of regular sodas then it might be good to switch to diet until you can finally man up to quit them all together unless it happens to have liquor in it. Theres tons of unnatural chemicals in them too

Found out where?

I still drink diet coke, coke zero preferably, but I drink about 2/3's less than I did. I didn't stop b/c I buy into the aspartame hysteria I did it b/c I was drinking enough to make too much of anything bad for me. I took someone's advice here and put a little bit of G2 powder in water.

Back