Diet for Skinny Guy

assademre

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I know that you heard this kinda questions hunderds of time but I'm quite sure you have never seen sucha person as me (23yo, 5'7" and 105lb)
I was tested in a hospital and everything seems fine. However, I need a diet. Could you recommend me something ?
Thanks !

Start weight training and consuming at least 0.4g/kg/meal of animal protein.

Eat whatever fat comes with that and find your preferred fiber/carb source.

hey dude,
do you just don't eat much or are you one of those fast metabolism guys?

read the FAQ of this forum.

choose a proven lifting routine and stick to it.
stronglifts, starting strength or some other beginner program based on compound lifts.

3 sound meals with snacks should do it.

eat meat, fish, eggs, milk, nuts, peanut butter, bread, potatoes, oats, fruit, veggies...
just natural, good, old wholesome stuff. quit eating candy and other bullshit.
in your case a snack could be a peanut butter sandwich with a glass of milk or something.
you will gain some fat but don't overdo the eating part and focus on progression with the weights.

sticking to your routine is the most important part.
don't overanalyse everthing and stay off the internet.
choose a routine, eat more good quality food and have fun.

hey dude,
do you just don't eat much or are you one of those fast metabolism guys?

read the FAQ of this forum.

choose a proven lifting routine and stick to it.
stronglifts, starting strength or some other beginner program based on compound lifts.

3 sound meals with snacks should do it.

eat meat, fish, eggs, milk, nuts, peanut butter, bread, potatoes, oats, fruit, veggies...
just natural, good, old wholesome stuff. quit eating candy and other bullshit.
in your case a snack could be a peanut butter sandwich with a glass of milk or something.
you will gain some fat but don't overdo the eating part and focus on progression with the weights.

sticking to your routine is the most important part.
don't overanalyse everthing and stay off the internet.
choose a routine, eat more good quality food and have fun.
Thank you,
I figured out that, when I eat I can gain weight. However, it's hard to eat for me.

Thank you,
I figured out that, when I eat I can gain weight. However, it's hard to eat for me.
I'm kind of in the same boat. I tell people all the time: I don't enjoy food/eating. They all seem to think I'm crazy.

You just need to eat more.
And lift heavy.

That's it, look at some meal plans online for bulking.
4/5 meals throughout the day, only supplements you could really use are normal multi vitamins/weight gainer (for some extra calories)/creatine.
No need to go out and by any products though if you just eat the right type of food (high in carbs/protein/etc etc)

It can be hard for some people, just the way they are, they can eat and eat and not put on any weight, I was like that too when I was young.

Thank you,

You can try:
- nutrient dense foods;
- one food that you really like (peanut butter, pasta);
- creatine (if you don't have kidney troubles and lots of water after - if not, severe constipation - self experience)
- appetite stimulants;
- weed? I'm serious. I don't know what are the laws in your country, but weed can be a great appetite stimulant for many people. If you are into eat, of course.

I'm kind of in the same boat. I tell people all the time: I don't enjoy food/eating. They all seem to think I'm crazy.

Me too. Sorry, man, but I just don't understand how you cannot enjoy food. Fries, hamburgers, cheeseburgers, pasta, cake, pancakes, crepes, icecream, baked potatoes, a steak... all that good stuff. How? How? :(

You can try:
- nutrient dense foods;
- one food that you really like (peanut butter, pasta);
- creatine (if you don't have kidney troubles and lots of water after - if not, severe constipation - self experience)
- appetite stimulants;
- weed? I'm serious. I don't know what are the laws in your country, but weed can be a great appetite stimulant for many people. If you are into eat, of course.

Me too. Sorry, man, but I just don't understand how you cannot enjoy food. Fries, hamburgers, cheeseburgers, pasta, cake, pancakes, crepes, icecream, baked potatoes, a steak... all that good stuff. How? How? :(
Literally none of it seems interesting. When I'm hungry, I eat. But it's more of a feeling of necessity, not much pleasure there. Wish I could explain it better.

Literally none of it seems interesting. When I'm hungry, I eat. But it's more of a feeling of necessity, not much pleasure there. Wish I could explain it better.

Now, if I think about it, I was like that during my childhood. But it was because I wanted to finish fast and get out of the table to go and play.

Cake and chicken

EKHs7e.gif

Back