Diet, mood issues, lethargic brain fog

shitgenericname16

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Hi, I just started a new job and I am trying to alter my diet accordingly to optimise my health and efficiency, also slowly reincorporating exercise back into my life as well after a long lay off due to chronic depression.

I have been starting some mornings with 3 rashes of bacon and 3 large eggs scrambled, half a cup of organic oats, walnuts, cinnamon and blueberries. I drink gunpowder Chinese green tea in a morning too, which is a good breakfast tea, gets me going in the morning without the giddiness or irritability that comes with coffee.

Supps wise I take a vitamin D (5000iu), multi vitamin and 2 fish oil caps with my morning breakfast.

I have been alternating this with morning where I have no bacon and instead I start with a green smoothie comprising of the one similar to what Joe Rogan makes, but I just do, half bag of kale (small kale leaves not the big ones), a chunk of ginger, 2 tablespoons of chia seeds, 1 pear and 1 banana, 1 glass of water to help in the blender. Followed by a full cup of organic oats instead of half cup. I also skip the gunpowder tea these mornings.

I had this around 5am this morning and felt like absolute shit.. I felt like I needed meat to be satiated..
I originally wanted to alternate as frankly I dont like the idea of eating pig every single day for breakfast.. but I may be better off with the bacon everyday it seems..

I was sent home around 10.. normally they ask me to go back in during afternoon time until they pack away and I help them but today they didn't and I think its because I seemed sluggish and foggy and they could tell. (Is only my 5th day). First thing I did today when I got in before making some important phone calls was wolf down some bacon and eggs and a cup of gunpowder green tea and I feel a bit better to be honest.

I have found that a few of the other days I was working that when I would be sent home around dinner times, I would whip up a green smoothie for a burst of energy and it would actually work.. whereas if I HAVE IT IN THE MORNING LIKE JOE ROGAN DOES, I feel like im on drugs or some shit... I feel TOO. LIGHT. HEADED!!!.

Can you guys give me a better idea of when to have been smoothies, and whether what I put in mine is ok? can it be made better..

where can I fit the smoothie in each day.. is it bad to have one every day?... perhaps every other day is better?

Some other things I would like to add about my diet, here is a blueprint of my diet each day

breakfast - one of the above alterations

snack time - if not at work then around 9-10 am will be 2 Brazil nuts, 1 banana, 2 rice cakes with peanut butter, and 1 avocado

lunch - I have started having my fatty meats (steak or chicken) at lunch times instead of dinner/evening as I feel fuller that way.

steak and 2 types of veggies, maybe some spinach too, steamed, a lil coconut oil and sweet potato

or

chicken thighs or legs with the same.

snack - almond butter sandwich, wholewheat seeded bread (the hooves one)

dinner - fresh salmon (2 - 4 times a week) or tinned mackerel,2 types of veggies and then white potatoes or pasta... Another gunpowder tea (not sure if im over stimulating by having 2 a day as I also have several cups of Tetley's green tea throughout the day too.. other than the teas I just drink water)..

whenever I have sweet tooth cravings I break 2 pieces off of a bar of dark chocolate, I usually squeeze in a few spoonfuls of greek yoghurt with some honey drizzled in also.

That is it, I am focused on having more energy, and eating clean at the moment than I am getting more calories in. I have considered having half a tin of lentils at night for a few extra calories and for the tryptophan to help me sleep.. but I haven't been doing that.. just a little theory I had.

Does anybody think my diet needs tweaking? I am trying to listen to my body but sometimes I feel I should have a lot more energy as im eating pretty clean.

One thing I am particularly curious about is whether you guys favour your sweet potatoes at lunch or evening meal times?.. with white potatoes/pasta/simple carbs also I was wondering same...

I try to do my best but I am far from a diet expert/diet bookworm... I have just pieced things together from online sources over the years..

Hi, I just started a new job and I am trying to alter my diet accordingly to optimise my health and efficiency, also slowly reincorporating exercise back into my life as well after a long lay off due to chronic depression.

I have been starting some mornings with 3 rashes of bacon and 3 large eggs scrambled, half a cup of organic oats, walnuts, cinnamon and blueberries. I drink gunpowder Chinese green tea in a morning too, which is a good breakfast tea, gets me going in the morning without the giddiness or irritability that comes with coffee.

Supps wise I take a vitamin D (5000iu), multi vitamin and 2 fish oil caps with my morning breakfast.

I have been alternating this with morning where I have no bacon and instead I start with a green smoothie comprising of the one similar to what Joe Rogan makes, but I just do, half bag of kale (small kale leaves not the big ones), a chunk of ginger, 2 tablespoons of chia seeds, 1 pear and 1 banana, 1 glass of water to help in the blender. Followed by a full cup of organic oats instead of half cup. I also skip the gunpowder tea these mornings.

I had this around 5am this morning and felt like absolute shit.. I felt like I needed meat to be satiated..
I originally wanted to alternate as frankly I dont like the idea of eating pig every single day for breakfast.. but I may be better off with the bacon everyday it seems..

I was sent home around 10.. normally they ask me to go back in during afternoon time until they pack away and I help them but today they didn't and I think its because I seemed sluggish and foggy and they could tell. (Is only my 5th day). First thing I did today when I got in before making some important phone calls was wolf down some bacon and eggs and a cup of gunpowder green tea and I feel a bit better to be honest.

I have found that a few of the other days I was working that when I would be sent home around dinner times, I would whip up a green smoothie for a burst of energy and it would actually work.. whereas if I HAVE IT IN THE MORNING LIKE JOE ROGAN DOES, I feel like im on drugs or some shit... I feel TOO. LIGHT. HEADED!!!.

Can you guys give me a better idea of when to have been smoothies, and whether what I put in mine is ok? can it be made better..

where can I fit the smoothie in each day.. is it bad to have one every day?... perhaps every other day is better?

Some other things I would like to add about my diet, here is a blueprint of my diet each day

breakfast - one of the above alterations

snack time - if not at work then around 9-10 am will be 2 Brazil nuts, 1 banana, 2 rice cakes with peanut butter, and 1 avocado

lunch - I have started having my fatty meats (steak or chicken) at lunch times instead of dinner/evening as I feel fuller that way.

steak and 2 types of veggies, maybe some spinach too, steamed, a lil coconut oil and sweet potato

or

chicken thighs or legs with the same.

snack - almond butter sandwich, wholewheat seeded bread (the hooves one)

dinner - fresh salmon (2 - 4 times a week) or tinned mackerel,2 types of veggies and then white potatoes or pasta... Another gunpowder tea (not sure if im over stimulating by having 2 a day as I also have several cups of Tetley's green tea throughout the day too.. other than the teas I just drink water)..

whenever I have sweet tooth cravings I break 2 pieces off of a bar of dark chocolate, I usually squeeze in a few spoonfuls of greek yoghurt with some honey drizzled in also.

That is it, I am focused on having more energy, and eating clean at the moment than I am getting more calories in. I have considered having half a tin of lentils at night for a few extra calories and for the tryptophan to help me sleep.. but I haven't been doing that.. just a little theory I had.

Does anybody think my diet needs tweaking? I am trying to listen to my body but sometimes I feel I should have a lot more energy as im eating pretty clean.

One thing I am particularly curious about is whether you guys favour your sweet potatoes at lunch or evening meal times?.. with white potatoes/pasta/simple carbs also I was wondering same...

I try to do my best but I am far from a diet expert/diet bookworm... I have just pieced things together from online sources over the years..

I got brain fog just trying to read all of that.....

Have you had any blood work done?

I wouldn't be asking nutritional advice from Sherdog

I got brain fog just trying to read all of that.....

Have you had any blood work done?

A while back, what needs checking specifically?

my cholesterol is naturally low hence why I included the bacon, and I gotta say I feel better with it in my diet.

I am an ectomorph with probably sub average testosterone levels
cardiovascular health has always been very good, like the blood cells needed for oxygen are higher than average even during the times I have been very sedentary.

Back