Difference in bell curves between men and women for IQ

guaranteed that @MeWithInfinityGauntlet considers himself "slighty above average IQ" despite showing zero evidence of it. To his credit, he is probably smart enough to recognize he can't claim genius.
I scored 2 standard deviations above the mean on the test I took in school. That's highly gifted level. Around 130. 98th percentile. To be fair I was baked as hell when I wrote that test though.

I also majored in a high iq major in school: Finance.

Yeah, I'm pretty smart.

Real Estate Mogul
Reality tv star
President of the US

If anything it's an underestimate. The guy is very intelligent, if not a genius.

Also don't confuse sounding dumb with being dumb, there are a lot of genius' who aren't great communicators. Though he's not one of them, he must be ok at it as he became successful in the fields I mentioned by communicating.

The guy was born rich and got richer selling the idea that he was a success.

Having money and fame is not equal to intelligence.

Makes sense; most of the smartest people I know and also most of the dumbest people I know are men.

I think men just tend to live at extremes lol It's like car accidents; women are more likely to get into accidents but men are more likely to total their cars.

The guy was born rich and got richer selling the idea that he was a success.

Having money and fame is not equal to intelligence.
He was born with a silver spoon up his butt. But he didn't inherit THAT much.

He inherited a little bit and turned it into a lot.

A lot of entitled rich kids squander or just maintain their inherited wealth (adjusted for inflation).

Trump inherited a small fortune and turned it into a huge fortune.

Makes sense; most of the smartest people I know and also most of the dumbest people I know are men.

I think men just tend to live at extremes lol It's like car accidents; women are more likely to get into accidents but men are more likely to total their cars.
Go big or go home.

He was born with a silver spoon up his butt. But he didn't inherit THAT much.

He inherited a little bit and turned it into a lot.

A lot of entitled rich kids squander or just maintain their inherited wealth (adjusted for inflation).

Trump inherited a small fortune and turned it into a huge fortune.

HUGE, HUGE, BILLIONS AND BILLIONS

<TheDonald>

qbxNInO.gif

Screen-Shot-2015-10-02-at-15.21.50.png

Essentially the data has shown through IQ testing that there are more genius and gifted men than there are women,conversely there are probably more stupid men than there are women as well. This is due to the fact that there is more variation in men in general, ie height also varies a lot more between men than women as well.

This does explain fairly well why you don't see many female ceo's or hedgefund managers. Well, that and they don't wanna work 100 hours a week. Thoughts?

https://www.breitbart.com/big-gover...the-smartest-people-in-the-world-are-all-men/

https://qz.com/441905/men-are-both-dumber-and-smarter-than-women/

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/a...en-says-scientist-Professor-Richard-Lynn.html
Seems to fit observation. Oh but the patriarchy !!! Maybe. But dumb guys are 10x worse than dumb girls

And being highly successful in multiple fields like he is, is an indicator of intelligence. Look at Bush Jr, he became president, but he couldn't run a business to save his life. And he was more of a blue blood than trump. Bush was a dummy, not trump.

Making it to the top of 3 different fields, politics, business and reality tv is impressive, period.

IQ may not be a perfect measure of intelligence, but it's the best we have and is a good predictor for life, career and academic success.

The reality is IQ is the most empirically tested of all the social sciences material, it's been rigorously tested and refined by schools, the military, etc, if it's bs then everything else is as well.

Yeah, it's definitely useful. You have to talk in generalities if you want to make any types of claim in this regard. There will always be exceptions to the rule.

And being highly successful in multiple fields like he is, is an indicator of intelligence. Look at Bush Jr, he became president, but he couldn't run a business to save his life. And he was more of a blue blood than trump. Bush was a dummy, not trump.

Making it to the top of 3 different fields, politics, business and reality tv is impressive, period.

His SATs were 1200, his IQ could be around 120/140, so much for calling Bush dumb right?

His SATs were 1200, his IQ could be around 120/140, so much for calling Bush dumb right?
That's one test.

He was also tested in the National guard and he was deemed to dumb for the military,

https://www.thenation.com/article/bushs-military-past/

"He did so with the aid of nepotistic influence, jumping a long line, despite a 25 percent score on his pilot aptitude test–and despite a series of driving convictions that should have required a special waiver. He was commissioned an officer despite having no pilot experience, no time in the ROTC, and without attending Officer Training School."

25th percentile, jeesus, that'd have to be somewhere around 85 or so.

I've always thought that in general females are more intelligent than males.

This does explain fairly well why you don't see many female ceo's or hedgefund managers. Well, that and they don't wanna work 100 hours a week. Thoughts?

Lol at CEOs and hedge fund managers having 170+ IQs.

If that chart is right, the difference is only dramatic at the very highest categories, where there are only a few dozen people in the country. CEOs and finance people are obviously smart, but they're not MIT physicists or something. They probably come from the 120+ IQ category, where the M/F ratio isn't even 1.5. Yet males make up 95% of Fortune 500 CEOs.

So no, IQ likely isn't a significant factor.

I scored 2 standard deviations above the mean on the test I took in school. That's highly gifted level. Around 130. 98th percentile. To be fair I was baked as hell when I wrote that test though.

Yeah, I'm pretty smart.
guaranteed that @MeWithInfinityGauntlet considers himself "slighty above average IQ" despite showing zero evidence of it. To his credit, he is probably smart enough to recognize he can't claim genius.
spoke too soon.

Yeah, I'm pretty smart.

iq-majors.jpg

I guess your major is near the top, but you make a shitty graph.

IQ may not be a perfect measure of intelligence, but it's the best we have and is a good predictor for life, career and academic success.

The reality is IQ is the most empirically tested of all the social sciences material, it's been rigorously tested and refined by schools, the military, etc, if it's bs then everything else is as well.

You're not regurgitating Jordan Peterson correctly, FWIW.

Lol at CEOs and hedge fund managers having 170+ IQs.

If that chart is right, the difference is only dramatic at the very highest categories, where there are only a few dozen people in the country. CEOs and finance people are obviously smart, but they're not MIT physicists or something. They probably come from the 120+ IQ category, where the M/F ratio isn't even 1.5. Yet males make up 95% of Fortune 500 CEOs.

So no, IQ likely isn't a significant factor.

There are some fund managers ceo's with very high iq's, ie 170's, I didn't say that was normal though. I do argue that they would have iq's in the 130 and above range, bare minimum. Afterall the guys who make it to the top are probably a fair bit smarter than the average finance grad. I would estimate that most ceo's are in the 130's atleast and most fund managers are in the 140's atleast. Plus a fund manager has to be intuitive as well, in predictions which isn't measured by these tests. And for all the talk of female intuition, I've rarely heard of any who actually make real money in the stock market, most of them are too risk averse.

And again, higher levels of intelligence in the upper spectrums is not the only reason why there are so few female ceo's. There aren't any female ceo's because there are faaarr fewer of them than men who want to work 100 hour work weeks.

At 130 there are about twice as many men as women and going beyond that, the 140's is 2.5 etc the gap widens. You're right, the average finance grad is about 125, physics is 133. However its becoming a lot more common for stem grads to now become hedge fund managers or work in the investment field. They have the best minds in aggregate and the securities industry is where the money is.

Frankly that's one of the big complaints in academia right now, that all the super smart people are becoming fund managers instead of becoming scientists, because of the money.

iq-majors.jpg

There are some fund managers ceo's with very high iq's, ie 170's, I didn't say that was normal though. I do argue that they would have iq's in the 130 and above range, bare minimum. Afterall the guys who make it to the top are probably a fair bit smarter than the average finance grad. I would estimate that most ceo's are in the 130's atleast and most fund managers are in the 140's atleast. Plus a fund manager has to be intuitive as well, in predictions which isn't measured by these tests. And for all the talk of female intuition, I've rarely heard of any who actually make real money in the stock market, most of them are too risk averse.

At 130 there are about twice as many men as women and going beyond that, the 140's is 2.5 etc the gap widens. You're right, the average finance grad is about 125, physics is 133. However its becoming a lot more common for stem grads to now become hedge fund managers or work in the investment field. They have the best minds in aggregate and the securities industry is where the money is.

Frankly that's one of the big complaints in academia right now, that all the super smart people are becoming fund managers instead of becoming scientists, because of the money.

iq-majors.jpg

I was asked to work in finance, but I would never do that. I'll always be in science.

Back