Difference in bell curves between men and women for IQ

Lol at CEOs and hedge fund managers having 170+ IQs.

If that chart is right, the difference is only dramatic at the very highest categories, where there are only a few dozen people in the country. CEOs and finance people are obviously smart, but they're not MIT physicists or something. They probably come from the 120+ IQ category, where the M/F ratio isn't even 1.5. Yet males make up 95% of Fortune 500 CEOs.

So no, IQ likely isn't a significant factor.

That’s typically the way IQ distribution works. Relatively modest mean differences between groups exponentiate at the peripheries.

Real Estate Mogul
Reality tv star
President of the US

If anything it's an underestimate. The guy is very intelligent, if not a genius.

Also don't confuse sounding dumb with being dumb, there are a lot of genius' who aren't great communicators. Though he's not one of them, he must be ok at it as he became successful in the fields I mentioned by communicating.

Than why does he always sound like a fucking idiot

Real Estate Mogul
Reality tv star
President of the US

If anything it's an underestimate. The guy is very intelligent, if not a genius.

Also don't confuse sounding dumb with being dumb, there are a lot of genius' who aren't great communicators. Though he's not one of them, he must be ok at it as he became successful in the fields I mentioned by communicating.
POTUS is essentially a popularity contest.

Also, being a reality TV star is an indicator of intelligence? I have a bridge to sell you, buddy.

He's playing a role....and it's obviously working. People are obsessed with him.
Yea, that has nothing to do with holding the highest office in the country. It must be because of this "role" he's playing. A role he's being playing for decades

Than why does he always sound like a fucking idiot

I don’t know what Trumps IQ is and I’d be surprised to find out that it was extremely high, but it is possible to sort of parce specific types of intelligences.

How well you can articulate orally is verbal intelligence.

Yea, that has nothing to do with holding the highest office in the country. It must be because of this "role" he's playing. A role he's being playing for decades
Why do you think he became a tv star or became president to begin with? He's magnetic and people are interested in him.

I don’t know what Trumps IQ is and I’d be surprised to find out that it was extremely high, but it is possible to sort of parce specific types of intelligences.

How well you can articulate orally is verbal intelligence.

He speaks like he was electrocuted

POTUS is essentially a popularity contest.

Also, being a reality TV star is an indicator of intelligence? I have a bridge to sell you, buddy.
Being president of the us
A super successful businessman
and being a huge reality tv star

Accomplishing all of this by one person, is an indicator of intelligence.

Being president of the us
A super successful businessman
and being a huge reality tv star

Accomplishing all of this by one person, is an indicator of intelligence.

Jessica Simposon ticks two out of those three boxes. Is she a genius?

Jessica Simposon ticks two out of those three boxes. Is she a genius?

150 million net worth is impressive, Trumps is about 4 billion.

She has looks and was a singer and was able to parlay that into greater success. She probably had smart people around her.

Even still based on that I'd say she's smarter than average and probably played up the dumb bimbo character for her tv persona.

So essentially TS, you believe IQ is the end-all be-all indicator. If someone has a high IQ on paper but has made several actions that are stupid (some worse than others), the only explanation is that the person must be putting up an act? There could be no other explanation?

Like I said, my bridge is still up for sale. I'll even throw in a discount.

Plus a fund manager has to be intuitive as well, in predictions which isn't measured by these tests. And for all the talk of female intuition, I've rarely heard of any who actually make real money in the stock market, most of them are too risk averse.

And again, higher levels of intelligence in the upper spectrums is not the only reason why there are so few female ceo's. There aren't any female ceo's because there are faaarr fewer of them than men who want to work 100 hour work weeks.

These are it.

Risk aversion, willingness to work long hours, and probably add things like ambition, power, and of course, the good ol' boys network. You can't schmooze and shoot the shit with the company's senior partners nearly as well when you're a broad.

If IQ is a factor, it's way at the bottom of this. Stuff like Mensa members, CERN scientists or Cal Tech faculty, yeah ok, it's probably significant.

Lol at CEOs and hedge fund managers having 170+ IQs.

If that chart is right, the difference is only dramatic at the very highest categories, where there are only a few dozen people in the country. CEOs and finance people are obviously smart, but they're not MIT physicists or something. They probably come from the 120+ IQ category, where the M/F ratio isn't even 1.5. Yet males make up 95% of Fortune 500 CEOs.

So no, IQ likely isn't a significant factor.

Indeed, I would guess that really the greatest test of those kinds of management position is probably social intelligence which women typically score more highly in, if theres an issue beyond plain sexism its perhaps a lack of ruthlessness?

The real question is:

Do you think with your
whole brain
Left brain
Or right brain

Back