Diffuclties following a fight career going to college part time and working 2 jobs to become a cop?

ironkhan57

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
So i have been interested in putting my fighting to good use, so i want to become a cop, i have not gone to college yet and i'm 20 years old turning 21 in april, i work at a airport, and my sister is trying to get me a job as a driver at the dominos she works at (even though my dad is the owner and doesn't want me working in their), my gym is in nyc, i told my sister to tell the gm at that dominos to put me in for mornings on weds, fris, sat, suns (wed, sat, sun is when i work in the evening). So i'm thinking about going to college, to study criminal justice, and somebody at my airport job told me that i just need 60 credits to get into police academy. But what i'm not sure about is how hard it is to follow a fight career while going to college and working 2 jobs (the dominos job is a kinda 97% gurantee). So can anyone help me? How hard is it to follow a fight career going to college for part time, and working 2 jobs while going to my gym in nyc? And how hard it is to follow a fight career while in police academy too?

Cro cop and Paulo Thiago were cops.....
1258050-2238-ga1.jpg

A good cop de-escalates a situation without violence, so you don't want to go into it thinking you'll be a good cop because you're tough. A cop needs to ideally, be smart, and good with words.

As for how hard it will be to have a fight career in the police force - I dunno, getting cut and bruised may not be a good look for you.

A good cop de-escalates a situation without violence, so you don't want to go into it thinking you'll be a good cop because you're tough. A cop needs to ideally, be smart, and good with words.

As for how hard it will be to have a fight career in the police force - I dunno, getting cut and bruised may not be a good look for you.

I already have a scar on my forehead so thats not problem for me to get a cut or bruises, i know that you can't resort to violence all the time in the police force, i know how to de escalate a situation.

I already have a scar on my forehead so thats not problem for me to get a cut or bruises, i know that you can't resort to violence all the time in the police force, i know how to de escalate a situation.

Healed scars, no problem, but if you walk around on duty looking like you've just had a fight, then you will have trouble. It can be deemed unprofessional.

I'd say really carefully think about what you wanna do, then make your decision, because being a cop isn't something you can just jump into, it does take a lot - and it's a demanding career, and I could see it being hard to balance fighting and being a cop. Ultimately it's up to you, but honestly I'd say, go about your usual life, and then next year, if you still want to be a cop - then go for it!

No man, 'merica!! bang first, talk later .... wait wut

Healed scars, no problem, but if you walk around on duty looking like you've just had a fight, then you will have trouble. It can be deemed unprofessional.

I'd say really carefully think about what you wanna do, then make your decision, because being a cop isn't something you can just jump into, it does take a lot - and it's a demanding career, and I could see it being hard to balance fighting and being a cop. Ultimately it's up to you, but honestly I'd say, go about your usual life, and then next year, if you still want to be a cop - then go for it!

Well i was going to wait until after i get back from thailand which i'm going in jan and should be back before my birthday. I just want to help people really. I want to stop those gangsters and hoodlums and street bullies from hurting anyone and those terrorist that keep on yelling allahuahkbar and saying their blowing up shit for god, when theirs nothing in the quran that says to kill innocent people in the name of allah.

I was actually hoping their would be some cops on here, that would give me some insight and tell me how hard it is.

I was actually hoping their would be some cops on here, that would give me some insight and tell me how hard it is.
Not sure about the standup forum, but there's one that posts in the war room/berry.

I'm friends with a cop who trains BJJ to supplement his cop abilities. If you get a little bit beat up from training you can put makeup on it, if you get asked about it say it was from training (which is true).

ALso, I think once you have the police job locked in, THAT's when you should be training more, not as much before (if those you report to are cool with it).

It sounds a little unstable right now for you to be going all out with your training, just keep training a little bit for maintenance so you don't get worse. Just get sharper bit by bit, don't force it, imo

-------

Edit: also what j123 said, try mayberry, theres a couple cops in there that do bjj

Not sure about the standup forum, but there's one that posts in the war room/berry.

Thats where i was going to post first but then i thought i would get a better answer from here.

Don't let anyone on here tell you, you can't do it. Most professional fighters hold down full time jobs while they fight.

I worked in hot ass dirty metal shops preforming skilled and manual labor for 6 years until recently, and I was routinely going through fight camps through most of that time. Be to work at 630am, work all day in the heat, get off at 5 and head straight to the gym for another 2-4 hours of "work."

It takes great dedication and sacrifice but it's worth it if that's what you want.

Don't let anyone on here tell you, you can't do it. Most professional fighters hold down full time jobs while they fight.

I worked in hot ass dirty metal shops preforming skilled and manual labor for 6 years until recently, and I was routinely going through fight camps through most of that time. Be to work at 630am, work all day in the heat, get off at 5 and head straight to the gym for another 2-4 hours of "work."

It takes great dedication and sacrifice but it's worth it if that's what you want.

Well aparently people in the other forum i posted in mayberry some of them said the police department might not be cool with me following a fight career while being a police officer , i don't know how true that is, i thought a lot of police officers were fight fans though.

Last edited:
Well aparently people in the other forum i posted in mayberry some of them said the police department might not be cool with me following a fight career while being a police officer , i don't know how true that is, i thought a lot of police officers were fight fans though.
sean gannon had a ufc fight and they wouldnt let him be a cop on the streets anymore i heard.

Yeah, you pretty much said it.

Quit something if you want to realistically be able to compete at your absolute best.

Otherwise just be happy training and not fighting.

So i have been interested in putting my fighting to good use, so i want to become a cop, i have not gone to college yet and i'm 20 years old turning 21 in april, i work at a airport, and my sister is trying to get me a job as a driver at the dominos she works at (even though my dad is the owner and doesn't want me working in their), my gym is in nyc, i told my sister to tell the gm at that dominos to put me in for mornings on weds, fris, sat, suns (wed, sat, sun is when i work in the evening). So i'm thinking about going to college, to study criminal justice, and somebody at my airport job told me that i just need 60 credits to get into police academy. But what i'm not sure about is how hard it is to follow a fight career while going to college and working 2 jobs (the dominos job is a kinda 97% gurantee). So can anyone help me? How hard is it to follow a fight career going to college for part time, and working 2 jobs while going to my gym in nyc? And how hard it is to follow a fight career while in police academy too?

let me share my story with you as it is similar in someways to yours.

1) you live with your parents Im going to assume? If that is the case I would suggest not working at all. Go to school and train/fight. That in itself will be an extremely hard schedule but its possible.

2) if you cannot do number 1. I would suggest not training or fighting at all. Just focus on getting school done as quick as possible. By the time your done with school youll be lets say 25(?). still plenty young enough to pursue fighting, and now that school is out of the way, you should have plenty of free time to work and fight.

3) I had to move out at a young age, and was in similar shoes as yours, I wasnt going to school, but I was working several jobs and wanted to train but didnt have time. My training was on and off, up and down. It wasnt until I did step 2, that I started my amateur career. when i finally had a good job, so I only had to work 1 job instead of 3, which allowed me time to train and fight. But I did this much later in life. If i could go back in time and be 21 again I would do things differently, as I have suggested to you. the few years will go by quickly. I myself need to go back to school, but by the time I finish school, I will be too old. You will not.

I myself need to go back to school, but by the time I finish school, I will be too old. You will not.
You're not that old, unless you're aiming to be a top pro competing against the top killers in the sport, maybe. But for a passionate competitor, its fine. We've seen competitors compete in their 40s and still manage to do good. I remember being down at TBA a couple of years back, the masters division had a dude in his late 60s competing. The guys in their 40s were also seasoned vets raking up records nearing 20 fights.

You're not that old, unless you're aiming to be a top pro competing against the top killers in the sport, maybe. But for a passionate competitor, its fine. We've seen competitors compete in their 40s and still manage to do good. I remember being down at TBA a couple of years back, the masters division had a dude in his late 60s competing. The guys in their 40s were also seasoned vets raking up records nearing 20 fights.

yeah i agree I can go to 40. but if i quit for several years while in school and than try and make a comeback at 40....ish dont think so

Back