Diffuclties following a fight career going to college part time and working 2 jobs to become a cop?

yeah i agree I can go to 40. but if i quit for several years while in school and than try and make a comeback at 40....ish dont think so

School's what 1-4 years? I think you being an A-class fighter, and having been at this for awhile, so you won't lose much, and if you do, you'll kick it back up within a few months. One of my main training partners did that. He quit training top pursue a career in accounting. He's been off for 3 years (lifts occasionally), we light sparred a month ago, and he's still got it. The retaliating ASAP, ring cutting, combinations of both hands + feet, all there still. Clinching isn't as great, but it'll come back.

Likewise I think you can still pull it off.

School's what 1-4 years? I think you being an A-class fighter, and having been at this for awhile, so you won't lose much, and if you do, you'll kick it back up within a few months. One of my main training partners did that. He quit training top pursue a career in accounting. He's been off for 3 years (lifts occasionally), we light sparred a month ago, and he's still got it. The retaliating ASAP, ring cutting, combinations of both hands + feet, all there still. Clinching isn't as great, but it'll come back.

I really don't want to stop training for a while, i've taken too many days off from training i ain't taking any days off anymore, i just want to fight thats it, i just want to fight, and i want to be the best.

I really don't want to stop training for a while, i've taken too many days off from training i ain't taking any days off anymore, i just want to fight thats it, i just want to fight, and i want to be the best.
He's different, he's experienced and has been at it for awhile, you're still green so in your case its harder to come back.

But really at the end of the day, its a hobby and passion, but it doesn't pay the bills. There's alot of talk about doing stuff physically in your prime, but its not a black and white situation. You could potentially make waves later on in life. We all love to compete and make a decent income with it, but the sad truth is you can't for most of us.

You go pro, your first fight is likely 400 to show, 600 to win. Alot of org. are non-profit so you end up having to pay for your travel and flight, then you have to give a percentage to your coach as well, usually 10%. So in the end you make shit, if you're lucky eventually you can get to a 40k income, and even then that's shit money, you can't support a family and can barely get by with that kind of income.

Don't give up future career options because you're gung ho about it. Only a select few can make it a career, and really we don't know what you can do, and neither can you for the time being, so its best not to cap yourself.

thanks man. Im actually got some things in the works right now. Im hoping that my wife can just work, which will allow me to go to school and continue fighting. Theres not enough time in the day to work, school, fight/train, not enough room for all 3, for 2 yes, 3 no. So yeah Im hoping to not have to work, go to school and fight. This might happen might not. If I do have to go back to work, the decision is to either fight or go back to school. I SHOULD go back to school, I WANT to fight. well see what happens, i would like to open my own gym one day, but that also is a difficult business to be successful in.

Im hoping to not have to work, go to school and fight.
youre-a-bum-i-tell-ya.jpg

I would like to open my own gym one day, but that also is a difficult business to be successful in.

The fitness industry (combat sports included) is really a tough one, traditionally its a field where there's not much money to be made.

Likewise catering to hobbyists is really how you'll survive, fighters don't pay the bills, hobbyists do. A gym here catered to fighters only, and went bankrupt a year or 2.

I think mixing it as a combat sport gym + lifting gym will be optimal. 24h fitness is the big fish conglomerate chain so you won't pierce that market if they're within distance of yours, but appealing to a certain demographic will.

Get bros to think they can fight, appeal to women, and I think it can work.

I work in app development, and I had to do a job for a female client where she wanted to make a hairstyling and beautician app, it was eye opening how much support came from it compared to my own tech stuff and other jobs I've done. Just putting out the drafts online of the tech one and hers, it was almost a ratio of 3:1 for hers. Women are probably the make it or break it demographic in all businesses.

Really succeeding in a business you have to appeal to an emotional trigger, its nice to be logical sound, but at the end of the day that's what gets it. So people could be fed up with the traditional gym system and if yours can poke into that, you'll make it. Its how Uber made waves, people have been pissed at the Taxi system for years, and Uber capitalized on it.

youre-a-bum-i-tell-ya.jpg

The fitness industry (combat sports included) is really a tough one, traditionally its a field where there's not much money to be made.

Likewise catering to hobbyists is really how you'll survive, fighters don't pay the bills, hobbyists do. A gym here catered to fighters only, and went bankrupt a year or 2.

I think mixing it as a combat sport gym + lifting gym will be optimal. 24h fitness is the big fish conglomerate chain so you won't pierce that market if they're within distance of yours, but appealing to a certain demographic will.

Get bros to think they can fight, appeal to women, and I think it can work.

I work in app development, and I had to do a job for a female client where she wanted to make a hairstyling and beautician app, it was eye opening how much support came from it compared to my own tech stuff and other jobs I've done. Just putting out the drafts online of the tech one and hers, it was almost a ratio of 3:1 for hers. Women are probably the make it or break it demographic in all businesses.

Really succeeding in a business you have to appeal to an emotional trigger, its nice to be logical sound, but at the end of the day that's what gets it. So people could be fed up with the traditional gym system and if yours can poke into that, you'll make it. Its how Uber made waves, people have been pissed at the Taxi system for years, and Uber capitalized on it.

yeah women love to spend money. They are also not very good at managing it.

running a gym, all the stuff you mentioned..hence the UFC gym!

you create apps? we might have to do some business one day!

yeah women love to spend money. They are also not very good at managing it.

running a gym, all the stuff you mentioned..hence the UFC gym!

you create apps? we might have to do some business one day!
SherTinder

He's different, he's experienced and has been at it for awhile, you're still green so in your case its harder to come back.

But really at the end of the day, its a hobby and passion, but it doesn't pay the bills. There's alot of talk about doing stuff physically in your prime, but its not a black and white situation. You could potentially make waves later on in life. We all love to compete and make a decent income with it, but the sad truth is you can't for most of us.

You go pro, your first fight is likely 400 to show, 600 to win. Alot of org. are non-profit so you end up having to pay for your travel and flight, then you have to give a percentage to your coach as well, usually 10%. So in the end you make shit, if you're lucky eventually you can get to a 40k income, and even then that's shit money, you can't support a family and can barely get by with that kind of income.

Don't give up future career options because you're gung ho about it. Only a select few can make it a career, and really we don't know what you can do, and neither can you for the time being, so its best not to cap yourself.

Yeah i'll do online college classes, to get a criminal justice degree, if a fight career doesn't work out then i'll become a cop. At least i'll be doing some good. But the fight career is something i want as equal as a law enforcement career.

Back