Dillashaw is ahead of Cruz at Bantamweight GOAT status

One way to settle this...

DVjCNKkVMAAHfM8.jpg

TJ is a lesser version of cruz with more power.
Wrong.TJ doesn't back up the whole fight nor does he use most of his movement to defend. He uses his movement to pressure and attack and is much more agressive than Dom.Just because TJ's footowork is similar to Dom doesn't mean TJ is lesser version of him.Also Dom isn't the man who invented the footwork.

One way to settle this...

DVjCNKkVMAAHfM8.jpg
Then why doesn't Dom avenge his loss to Cody first? He doesn't deserve shit right now. Also kind of ironic from a guy who chose to fight old man Faber instead of giving rematch to TJ.

Stop quoting me if you don't have any bullshit responds left.Take the L and move on.
begging for me to go away?
You are the one responding to me, kid.

Aww, I see. You want to have the last word, even if it is

2fxct1.jpg

Have at it, kid.

begging for me to go away?
You are the one responding to me, kid.

Aww, I see. You want to have the last word, even if it is

2fxct1.jpg

Have at it, kid.
LOL you know you lost the argument when the only thing you do is making and posting memes.Keep going.

He should fight Dom and prove it then, no one wants that Cejudo fight anyways

Fight Dom now, or after Moraes, but the fight needs to happen before we crown him imo

LOL you know you lost the argument when the only thing you do is making and posting memes.Keep going.
I am not the one begging someone to stop answering because I can't back what I said with facts...

Look, you can justify and try to rationalize as much as you want.
he lost to Dom.
There was no round 6. This is just you trying to rationalize how TJ could have/should have won.

And I don't mind if you think that.

But when you try to justify his losses to Assuncao and Dodson, and minimize everything that DOm did, then you have to accept you are biased as fuck, no matter how much you think you are not.

Because if you want to play this game, you have to do the same for Dom as well. Look at all his losses and justify why he lost. Then look at his wins and make it look like more than they are...

ANything else, and you are just being a hypocrite (Not trying to curse at you, just being blunt... sorry for that, but just trying to make a point, not ryle you up.).
Saying "there was no round 6" means nothing. It is merely a criteria for how Pride judged fights as a whole and justified damage as an integral part of judging.

In my opinion, TJ won rounds 4 and 5 clean with no argument to the contrary. In my opinion TJ also won one of the previous rounds, despite how close they were.

You claiming we are justifying his losses to Dodson and Assuncao is just nitpicking. His loss to Assuncao was razor close split decision. Everyone thinks so so nothing wrong with saying so. His loss to Dodson was a loss. Plain and simple. Saying he was green for that loss was just a statement of fact. He evolved as a fighter and is much better now.

Conversely, I can easily say "Cruz got caught" by Faber and "Cruz is older and clunkier" in his loss to Cody. I still grant more weight to TJ's wins based on them being mostly finishes as opposed to decisions and being against higher quality of competition in my opinion.

I am not the one begging someone to stop answering because I can't back what I said with facts...
You don't have any foolish responds left.You better stop exposing yourself as a retard and take the L.

Saying "there was no round 6" means nothing. It is merely a criteria for how Pride judged fights as a whole and justified damage as an integral part of judging.

In my opinion, TJ won rounds 4 and 5 clean with no argument to the contrary. In my opinion TJ also won one of the previous rounds, despite how close they were.

You claiming we are justifying his losses to Dodson and Assuncao is just nitpicking. His loss to Assuncao was razor close split decision. Everyone thinks so so nothing wrong with saying so. His loss to Dodson was a loss. Plain and simple. Saying he was green for that loss was just a statement of fact. He evolved as a fighter and is much better now.

Conversely, I can easily say "Cruz got caught" by Faber and "Cruz is older and clunkier" in his loss to Cody. I still grant more weight to TJ's wins based on them being mostly finishes as opposed to decisions and being against higher quality of competition in my opinion.
LOL
no, sorry.
Pride had no "what if's" criteria.
The fight was the fight and only what happened on the fight would count.
If anything, the first 10 minutes (round 1&2) was all Dom and round 3 as well, and that would have been a clear victory for Dom.

And again, you try to rationalize why nitpicking those losses and justifying somehow makes it not count against him... That's stupid.
Then you try to claim "but he lost to Faber"... well first of all, he avenged TWICE that loss.
Second that loss was not even at his WC, and you are not even trying to see how Faber was when they fought, like Cruz fought a scrub.

You are being the definition of a hypocrite if anything TJ does can't be wrong, all his losses are not really losses and then you conversely attack and demean everything Cruz did.
That is a blatant biased view, no matter how much you try to claim it is not.

Look: I don't have any reason one way or another. I don't like/dislike either guy. I even acknowledge TJ is not far behind Cruz.
But you are simply biased here.

<DCWhoa><36>

Impartial? You guys have an excuse for every loss TJ has, and kneel before his little snake with your mouths open and wanting on every win. You give him credit for losses like he actually won.

I do not like TJ, but if you notice I don’t take away anything he has earned. I will check you and your boys opinions on the weight of those accomplishments, for example how we should view the two wins over Barao, or what a nothingburger the title defense over Joe Soto is, but show me where I have taken a win of his and argued it was a loss or that he didn’t deserve it?

The truth is TJ as awful and fake a person as he is, is a very good fighter. However, he is not anywhere near the GOAT yet. He has beaten Barao twice, and Cody twice. Both are big wins but their are legitimate arguments as to the weight of this wins historically. Barao has shown a catastrophic drop in performance. Cody’s career cred to this point lies on knocking out lower level fighters and one huge night against an all time great. He may be Rich Franklin, he may be Matt Serra, we don’t know yet. He beat John Lineker which for me is no different than the Jorgenson’s on Cruz and Baraos resume. He is 1-1 with Asuncao and has loses to Dom and Dodson. It is a solid resume, but it is not all time great, not yet. Now if TJ strings together 3 title defenses against top 5 BWs in the division right now, you can start making the all time argument.
Jorgensen is crap compared to Lineker IMO. Lineker would kill him if they fought.

Dom's best wins outside of Faber are guys that fight at FlW because they were too small for BW. Cruz made a career out of beating small guys other than Faber.

Barao was awesome until TJ literally beat his brains in. He beat Faber......You know, Cruz's best win that has zero controversy?

I make excuses for TJ's losses because they are questionable.

GSP is my favouite fighter and I make zero excuses for his 2 losses. They are 100% legit. The decision win over Hendricks is arguably.

I still stnad by all of TJ's losses are arguable with Dodson's being the least arguable, although having gone back and watched it recently, it is obviously an early stoppage and he wouldn't have been stopped today in the exact same scenario. It's the benefit you get when you're a veteran.

You talk about fake people in TJ and shitty people in TJ? Cruz is a shitty person himself. He hates everyone and can't give anyone a compliment and everyone, even DC, sucks compared to him. He's a condescending douchebag. How is Cruz so good compared to TJ? I don't see it.

TJ is certianly a better finisher/exciting fighter.

I feel Dom just runs too much to be a GOAT of anything.

Cruz has more wins, more title fight wins, a better record by percentage, and (close or not) a direct H2H win over Dillashaw.

Right now, Cruz has the better legacy, although it's fair to say TJ is on pace to surpass him in the not-too-distant future, and he might be peaking higher now than Cruz ever peaked.

Jorgensen is crap compared to Lineker IMO. Lineker would kill him if they fought.

Dom's best wins outside of Faber are guys that fight at FlW because they were too small for BW. Cruz made a career out of beating small guys other than Faber.

Barao was awesome until TJ literally beat his brains in. He beat Faber......You know, Cruz's best win that has zero controversy?

I make excuses for TJ's losses because they are questionable.

GSP is my favouite fighter and I make zero excuses for his 2 losses. They are 100% legit. The decision win over Hendricks is arguably.

I still stnad by all of TJ's losses are arguable with Dodson's being the least arguable, although having gone back and watched it recently, it is obviously an early stoppage and he wouldn't have been stopped today in the exact same scenario. It's the benefit you get when you're a veteran.

You talk about fake people in TJ and shitty people in TJ? Cruz is a shitty person himself. He hates everyone and can't give anyone a compliment and everyone, even DC, sucks compared to him. He's a condescending douchebag. How is Cruz so good compared to TJ? I don't see it.

Where to begin? While I would probably pick Lineker to beat Jorgenson too, I feel like they are in the same class. However if you are willing to not push the narrative on how huge a win that was for TJ I am fine with it.

A bridge to your next point, Lineker is 3 inches shorter than TJ and is only a BW because he has no discipline. He is shorter than virtually everyone on Dom's resume. Cody weighed the same as MM entering the cage a couple weeks back. If you are going to say Dom got fat on smaller fighters, than be fair about it and apply the same standard to Silly Dilly.

Early stoppage? Just because he got up, after trying to grab Herbs leg for the takedown, doesn't mean it was an early stoppage. If that's the criteria Cody 1 was an early stoppage and he never even went down on 2. All 3 were good stoppages. TJ got his clock rung, end of story. That stoppage would stand the same today, probably even more so with the heightened awareness of head trauma.

After you enjoy the wavy arms and stanky legs, look at Silly Dilly's face as Herb pushed him away...he is out of it, no question.

Cruz is caustic. But he is honest and he shoots straight. When he lost he sat there in front of everyone and gave Cody credit. Dude has fought back from injury after injury and has never used any of them as an excuse. Silly Dilly could take a lesson.

LOL
no, sorry.
Pride had no "what if's" criteria.
The fight was the fight and only what happened on the fight would count.
If anything, the first 10 minutes (round 1&2) was all Dom and round 3 as well, and that would have been a clear victory for Dom.

And again, you try to rationalize why nitpicking those losses and justifying somehow makes it not count against him... That's stupid.
Then you try to claim "but he lost to Faber"... well first of all, he avenged TWICE that loss.
Second that loss was not even at his WC, and you are not even trying to see how Faber was when they fought, like Cruz fought a scrub.

You are being the definition of a hypocrite if anything TJ does can't be wrong, all his losses are not really losses and then you conversely attack and demean everything Cruz did.
That is a blatant biased view, no matter how much you try to claim it is not.

Look: I don't have any reason one way or another. I don't like/dislike either guy. I even acknowledge TJ is not far behind Cruz.
But you are simply biased here.
Yes Pride did judge damage as a whole as part of their criteria. If you want to nitpick the terminology be my guest, but if one guy was physically wrecked at the end of the fight while the other guy could keep going, it played a part in their judging.

At no point did I say Faber was a shrub(I may have said that for the 3rd fight because he was at that point far past his prime and no longer a top 5 candidate. It is a bit disingenuous to use the weight class argument given a big mark against Cruz in this debate was fighting a lot of guys who were natural 125ers and he was a bigger fighter than Faber regardless.

TJ won that fight against Cruz. That's my opinion. Regardless of what the record book says. The judges were wrong. That opinion is shared by many, not just a few people.

That on top of fighting higher quality competition, finishing his opponents more often than not and the fact that both guys have 2 losses to other fighters(Fine, if you want to equate tapping out to achoke to a razor close split decision, be my guest. As it stands, both have 2 losses to other guys)

Back