Dillashaw: "the UFC never granted a zero title defense champion an immediate rematch.."

Neitzsche

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Dillashaw recently said this about Cody. Is this true? I keep trying to think of a champion but none comes to mind.

Would you want to see this rematch with Garbrandt? I honestly would rather see this than Dilly vs MM.

Last edited:
Couture v Vitor II. but that shouldn't count, for obvious reasons. and Randy had different defenses for different titles in different time/space.

there's a wiki page on all champs, but i'm too lazy right now to slog through it and do the actual research.

Lyoto in my eyes and majority of the fans lost the belt to Shogun at UFC 104 then Rua defended it at 113

Cody getting a instant rematch would be ridiculous. He didn't even really earn his first shot at the belt and only won the title by decision. Make him work, he's an exciting fighter. Give him some fun matchups and build the hype for TJ/Cody 2.

Well, Randy Couture got an immediate rematch vs Belfort without successfully defending the undisputed title. It’s technically so.

Granted for good reason but it’s good trivia

Didn’t know that. It feels like they would’ve

Dillashaw recently said this about Cody. Is this true? I keep trying to think of a champion but none comes to mind.

Would you want to see this rematch with Garbrandt? I honestly would rather see this than Dilly vs MM.
Ouch true statement.

Couture v Vitor II. but that shouldn't count, for obvious reasons. and Randy had different defenses for different titles in different time/space.

there's a wiki page on all champs, but i'm too lazy right now to slog through it and do the actual research.
Then why bring it up. That was a horrible example.

TJ vs Cody 2 is bullshit. They needs to build the rivalry, make TJ vs MM and Cody vs Lineker.

Why don’t they try to make it TJ versus Cruz? Cruz is supposed to be back soon and he has a win over TJ.

because it's technically accurate, of course. a horrible and technically accurate example.

so to quote Jules, "if my answers frighten you, cease asking scary questions."

Not right now unless I was getting a really good offer, if not I would make Cody earn another shot too.

Because people likely found the statement interesting because they never thought about it and did research to see if there was a case in which they did. Just so happens there was one albeit with understandable circumstances.

It’s good trivia. No need to be a baby about it.

TJ vs Cody 2 is bullshit. They needs to build the rivalry, make TJ vs MM and Cody vs Lineker.

MM vs. TJ should happen..

Cody Vs.

Assuncao
Rivera
Morales
or

Lineker

all this crying he's doing and he could have booked any of those fights already

I would really like to see cody vs marlon. not sure if the fact Ali is both of their managers prohibits this

A champion on a 0 defence streak shouldn't be calling out the record holder either, especially one from a lower weight class.

But Cody defended the title against TJ...sure it wasn't a successful defense, but it was one.

It’s seems a bit daft because it doesn’t give any build up to the rematch. If Cody is the legit #2 guy he will win a few and everyone will be much more eager to see the rematch, why rush it

Back