Dillashaw vs Garbrandt hitting pads

totally different styles of pad work. Means literally nothing.

totally different styles of pad work. Means literally nothing.

True that. TJ seems to just be warming up and doing the basics.

Cody clearly shows he has much better hands though. Faster, more powerful, more compact.

You know the answer already

TJ looks slow as fuck compared to my boy Cody

Dillashaw is hitting the Thai pads and Cody is hitting the boxing mitts. Cody has the better hands but I think everybody knows that.

different pad work, but ya, Cody is clearly superior on stand up

You know the answer already

TJ looks slow as fuck compared to my boy Cody

Just one video. I mean honestly who actually expected TJ to win in the first Barao fight? No one.

And the guy completely dominated him. You can never rule TJ out.

Also, all this talk about Cody's supposedly god-like athleticism... TJ is just as athletic as Cody in my book.

Just one video. I mean honestly who actually expected TJ to win in the first Barao fight? No one.

And the guy completely dominated him. You can never rule TJ out.

Also, all this talk about Cody's supposedly god-like athleticism... TJ is just as athletic as Cody in my book.

Well that's just a lie. Cody certainly is more athletic and explosive than TJ. He may very well not be the better fighter but he is the better athlete.

24f9vzp.gif

Cody's obviously the better boxer, while TJ leans more towards incorporating his kickboxing with his wrestling.

About the best fight you can possibly make in MMA on paper. The fight I'm looking forward to the most.

Well that's just a lie. Cody certainly is more athletic and explosive than TJ. He may very well not be the better fighter but he is the better athlete.

Yeah you're probably right. I just remember the word athletic being thrown around a lot in discussions about TJ himself... now he's being out-athleticized apparently?

I get your argument totally I just find the concept slightly hard to quantify in this case.

Garbrandt is amazing going forward. He just explodes in a straight line.

TJ is really good with lateral movement.

Jesus Christ Cody is fast. I don't like him but damn he is good.

Yeah you're probably right. I just remember the word athletic being thrown around a lot in discussions about TJ himself... now he's being out-athleticized apparently?

I get your argument totally I just find the concept slightly hard to quantify in this case.

Well like hand and foot speed I think has to go to Cody, the way he can just go from stopped to 100% is even more ridiculous than Cruz, and just honestly how he moves compared to TJ is more athletic.

Don't get me wrong TJ is super athletic but Garbrandt is as athletic as MM imo. There's just another level that so few have.

Still think TJ may win though

Garbrandt is amazing going forward. He just explodes in a straight line.

TJ is really good with lateral movement.

I think TJ's footwork and cardio are key to winning this fight. And I think he's smart enough to utilize both.

He doesn't want to trade shots with Cody.

Cody has the fastest hands in the UFC imo rn.

I love how Cody has a hype man finishing his grunts for him.

Back