Dillashaw vs Garbrandt hitting pads

TJ looks like a snail compared to Cogar.

Cogar ko 1. I thought TJ would last a little but this confirms hes getting dealt with easily.

Doms footwork isn't technically sound.

Yep, that shit works only on small wrestlers who can't cut octagon off for shit and have the overhand right as a single striking weapon. I lol'd hard when like a year ago some huggers here wrote that Aldo and Edgar won't touch Cruz and lose a UD to him.

To be fair, Cody's montage of multiple takes is going to look more impressive than TJ's single continuous take. But with that being said, Cody still looks faster and sharper.

TJ probably has better chin than Cruz

Like hitting the pads is window to how the fight will be. People thought Ronda looked great hitting the pads too, just factor that into your tiny brain.

Cody's coach is slamming the pads into his hands with quite a bit of force, While Bang is not. I believe that is the only reason Cody's punches seem so much harder. Both look sharp though and the fight will be awesome.

Not really. TJ stole his style. Then lost the fight..
Stole? Then i guess Cruz "stole" Ali's style. Ali stole sugar ray robinson's style. Tyson "stole" Patterson's style, Conor stole Gunni's style etc...

Fighting is about learning and adapting. TJ have adapted elements of Dom's footwork yes, but their overall footwork and movement are completely different. I get how their styles seem identical if you don't know anything about striking though.

BTW i thought TJ won that fight but it's certainly up for debate.

Codys hands are insane, he has a lot better hands than some proboxers, his uncle is using those Baby tiny mitts too so you know that his combos are accurate, those baby mits are hard to hit flush like that off combos.

But it helps sharpen you up and accuracy on a moving target.

Tj looks more like working on power, but he does some weird slap with his right hand off the combo, he strikes it with the inside of his hand instead of with the knuckles, its a bad habit.

The fight is an even match up, I say 50 50, this is one of those top level match ups both guys are good wrestlers and good strikers, and movers.
Codys main weakness is his chin is up a lot and he explode in a straight line making it easier for someone who is willing to counter him to hurt him, while TJ keeps his chin tucked to avoid getting clipped. If TJ can catch Cody when he rushes in with his chin up he could hurt him.

TJ has great later moving, he literally moves similar to Lomachenko who he already said he tries to mimic in the cage.

Cody's padholder is throwing the pads at Cody with at least the same force Cody is.

Dillashaw seems slow and predictable. He loads up his power.

Cody is more natural, faster, and hits harder.

We all know TJ isn't just gonna stand there and box Cody.

stalone looked like a world beater when they cut together a montage. analyzing this is ridiculous. both guys are killers

Back