Dillian Whyte Vs. Lucas Browne on HBO

MMALOPEZ

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
Yeah I'll be watching this one. Dillian should take this one fairly easily. I reckon he stops Browne somewhere after round 6

Yeah I'll be watching this one. Dillian should take this one fairly easily. I reckon he stops Browne somewhere after round 6

I’ll watch it and also reckon whyte will win. Battle of the drug cheats do not too bothered who wins

I wonder if hearn will be pushing for whyte to get a shot at wilder next as he would be mandatory if he wins? He deserves his shot but I’m hoping they can work out that he faces the winner of the unification, surely Dylan would prefer that. I think people underestimate how fckin tough he is, and he can bang. He is a potential banana skin for both guys imo

Browne is a can.

Whyte better whoop his ass with as much as hes been talked up since the AJ fight.

We’ll see if theyre still so eager to get in the ring with Wilder.

Not seen much of Browne but he's talking a good fight.

I’ll watch it and also reckon whyte will win. Battle of the drug cheats do not too bothered who wins

I wonder if hearn will be pushing for whyte to get a shot at wilder next as he would be mandatory if he wins? He deserves his shot but I’m hoping they can work out that he faces the winner of the unification, surely Dylan would prefer that. I think people underestimate how fckin tough he is, and he can bang. He is a potential banana skin for both guys imo

I know Whyte got done for a banned substance but it was only a tainted energy boosting supplement containing MHA. It was his fault for not checking the ingredients properly but I don't think it's as big as Tyson Fury getting caught for Nandralone. Only difference is Tyson got off and Dillian served his time after his appeals got rejected. To me Tyson's the bigger cheat, Dillian just did something a bit careless.

If Whyte does win I still can't see Wilder taking that fight. He reckons he is a level above someone like Whyte and doesn't want to jump through hoops to fight AJ.

Whyte smashes Browne to pieces. Will be a fun fight

I know Whyte got done for a banned substance but it was only a tainted energy boosting supplement containing MHA. It was his fault for not checking the ingredients properly but I don't think it's as big as Tyson Fury getting caught for Nandralone. Only difference is Tyson got off and Dillian served his time after his appeals got rejected. To me Tyson's the bigger cheat, Dillian just did something a bit careless.

If Whyte does win I still can't see Wilder taking that fight. He reckons he is a level above someone like Whyte and doesn't want to jump through hoops to fight AJ.

Yeah fair point, I didn't know the finer details. Hes a hard guy to like but I'll cheer him on none the less against Browne

Wilder needs to realise that as a champion his job is also to defend his belt and whyte would be his best opponent other than Ortiz imo. Hes certainly not below based on who he has defended against. Hes not the best boxer but I definately see him as one of the more dangerous guys in the top 10 for both Joshua and wilder. That uppercut he ate would've finished every HW. Hes durable as fck and can bang. That's a dangerous combination especially against 2 guys whos defence is questionable

Proof of tainted drink or just pathetic excuse for a cheater?

Yeah fair point, I didn't know the finer details. Hes a hard guy to like but I'll cheer him on none the less against Browne

Wilder needs to realise that as a champion his job is also to defend his belt and whyte would be his best opponent other than Ortiz imo. Hes certainly not below based on who he has defended against. Hes not the best boxer but I definately see him as one of the more dangerous guys in the top 10 for both Joshua and wilder. That uppercut he ate would've finished every HW. Hes durable as fck and can bang. That's a dangerous combination especially against 2 guys whos defence is questionable

I agree I think he would be a good fight for Wilder and he'd give a good account of himself. But Wilder seems adverse to the idea, like it would be beneath him to fight someone like Dillian Whyte. Wilder needs to check his ego.

Proof of tainted drink or just pathetic excuse for a cheater?
The drink in question has now been banned and had the stimulant MHA in it. The stimulant is a mild PED and not worth taking for the risk of testing positive. I believe Dillian just didn't bother to check the label because this is an off the shelf item. Dumb but not deliberate cheating by my reckoning. The drink in question has now been banned from sale in the UK.

BRowne looked good when he beat chagaev. Maybe you all right him off too easily. I think he will bring a good fight.

I think Whyte wins this, he gets a bit sloppy at times but he he has a bigger aresenal and is tough. Browne basically just has a lazy jab and straight or overcross right. Browne has okay footwork but he's struggled against longer heavyweights with his only defining moment being against Chagaev, Browne seems to have a lot of support for him coming into this fight but I think people are delusional. Plus, he's approaching 40's and has had one fight in two years.

Never really been impressed with Whyte, he struggled with Chisora which to me, tells you a lot about him.

Seems like he doesnt have great power, technique or overall skills and kind of rides on the back of landing one punch against Joshua, watch that fight back, Whyte gets a beating

Not showing on my TV guide

edit: Nevermind. Am on a pain killer after having a surgery, and thought it was this weekend.

Enjoy the weekend ladies :)

Last edited:
Anybody remember that story Browne told about how he thought Chagaev's ppl tainted his food or something? He was out in Chechnya, which Kadyrov was front row near Chagaev's corner cheering him on like crazy. That was a pretty damned good fight iirc and he got the win so they couldn't be that corrupt but Kadyrov isn't known for being the greatest human being on the planet if you know what I'm saying.

Problem is I don't know if he gave up on that excuse or not, just wondering if anyone knows if he stuck to that story or not? I think he was probably just juicing and got caught but it's not terrible excuse, I guess. At the end of the day cheating's cheating but it would be pretty crazy if Kadyrov had his guys taint the meat, Clenelo style. But simple answer is he was just knowingly doing ped's then got busted.

Anybody remember that story Browne told about how he thought Chagaev's ppl tainted his food or something? He was out in Chechnya, which Kadyrov was front row near Chagaev's corner cheering him on like crazy. That was a pretty damned good fight iirc and he got the win so they couldn't be that corrupt but Kadyrov isn't known for being the greatest human being on the planet if you know what I'm saying.

Problem is I don't know if he gave up on that excuse or not, just wondering if anyone knows if he stuck to that story or not? I think he was probably just juicing and got caught but it's not terrible excuse, I guess. At the end of the day cheating's cheating but it would be pretty crazy if Kadyrov had his guys taint the meat, Clenelo style. But simple answer is he was just knowingly doing ped's then got busted.

Could be true. Similar ish thing happened recently to a british fighter called Kid Galahad. His brother was supposedly pissed off with him and spiked his protein shake with stanozolol. He tested positive and got a two year ban. The brother subsequently admitted it and the ban got reduced by 6 months.

Could be true. Similar ish thing happened recently to a british fighter called Kid Galahad. His brother was supposedly pissed off with him and spiked his protein shake with stanozolol. He tested positive and got a two year ban. The brother subsequently admitted it and the ban got reduced by 6 months.
Couldnt the brother have just said that to reduce the ban? I never trust these "spiked drink" stories.

Couldnt the brother have just said that to reduce the ban? I never trust these "spiked drink" stories.
I'm close with my brother, I'm sure he would be willing to make some shit up to try and save my ass.

Back