Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
With Anissa Meksen cleaning out Super Bantamweight inside of
less then a year and Rico Verhoeven doing the same to Heavyweight
inside of several years where are they headed direction wise since
they are both champions and at this point short on options as far
as title challengers go which means fighting on the Super Fight Series
prior to the TV cards or fighting non title on the TV cards.

With Anissa Meksen cleaning out Super Bantamweight inside of
less then a year and Rico Verhoeven doing the same to Heavyweight
inside of several years where are they headed direction wise since
they are both champions and at this point short on options as far
as title challengers go which means fighting on the Super Fight Series
prior to the TV cards or fighting non title on the TV cards.

Rico vs Meksen on ppv

I suppose Daniel Ghiță is returning for Rico since he isn"t fighting in Enfusion probably. Enfusion announced a show with Bogdan Stoica in a championship fight.

There is basically 0 good HW prospects right now. The division is stale. It's unfortunate because Rico is very talented and it would be fun to watch him in a competitive division but that just isn't the landscape right now.

I hate to say it but I'd be more interested in seeing him take a stab at Boxing. After the Hari rematch, nothing interests me in Kickboxing for him that is available.

Stop saying that! Adegbuyi or Londt earned their chances, not Ben Saddik. Londt is home in depression because he isn"t used, plus he kinda took unprepared Ben Saddik and Marshall fights. And don"t forget also that Ben Saddik put him problems.

How can Brestovac can take on him for another chance when he lost to Adegbuyi via KO and third time barely survived? Cor Hemmers loves Rico to avoid Adegbuyi and Londt, plus Wilnis should also be an option.

Stop saying that! Adegbuyi or Londt earned their chances, not Ben Saddik. Londt is home in depression because he isn"t used, plus he kinda took unprepared Ben Saddik and Marshall fights. And don"t forget also that Ben Saddik put him problems.

How can Brestovac can take on him for another chance when he lost to Adegbuyi via KO and third time barely survived? Cor Hemmers loves Rico to avoid Adegbuyi and Londt, plus Wilnis should also be an option.

Adegbuyi and Rico are training partners since their second fight and they don't want to make third fight

Jahfarr has been away for some time and trust me he is in no rush for that Rico fight

Londt I think could get the fight but on recent form I don't think anyone expects he would win

I echo what Snub says; Rico has cleaned out the division at this point

They should do an 8-man heavyweight tournament.

Adegbuyi and Rico are training partners since their second fight and they don't want to make third fight

Jahfarr has been away for some time and trust me he is in no rush for that Rico fight

Londt I think could get the fight but on recent form I don't think anyone expects he would win

Agreed except the Londt part. He is throwing random bombs sometimes during the fights like Murthel, only he is a heavyweight. We saw what that can cause in the Badr Hari fight, but also all other fights of him has some very good explosive hands...and to be fair, he deserves a fight. Didn't he win that contender tournament? That other guy, who is also black but much lighter (forgot his name), also won a contender tournament and then Londt and the lighter guy fought each other and the lighter guy won. So....what happened to that?

MenacingTimelyCorydorascatfish-size_restricted.gif

People shouldn't mention Ghita (right now) for Rico. Ghita was my favourite HW k1 fighter but he also lost fairly to Rico, twice.
Though, it isn't the prior losses that under-qualify him, it is the lack of activity. He is 37 and though that is not super old, he is coming back from FOUR years of absence. I understand that not much of that time has been spent training. So, we will see a slower and possibly less fluid Ghita who will fight (I assume) against Luis Tavares in Enfusion, in September.

I'd like to see cross promotions. Damn, who wouldn't but that's the most difficult vision to see all of the HW who are good, join together in one place. Possibly Andrey Gerasimchuk should be hunted down for a re-match.

Most of what I notice about Rico is that his cardio tank looks better after 3 rounds, so he knows how to pace himself.
Though I know a lot of people have shit on Badr's last performance, I think he looked outstanding. Maybe a slight loss of power but he will need his cardio up high to face Rico again.

Yeah a rematch with Hari or Gerasimchuk seems like the best option out there, but not sure Glory will go out of their way to get Gerasimchuk, and if he wins then they are fucked, i think they want Verhoeven to keep beating the same people again and again until Hari is ready, who knows.

Yeah a rematch with Hari or Gerasimchuk seems like the best option out there, but not sure Glory will go out of their way to get Gerasimchuk, and if he wins then they are fucked, i think they want Verhoeven to keep beating the same people again and again until Hari is ready, who knows.
It's been stated that Gerasimchuk has been offered the fight from Glory and turned it down because he's in some state sponsored program and is living the good life and a contract with Glory would hinder that, or something along those lines.

It's been stated that Gerasimchuk has been offered the fight from Glory and turned it down because he's in some state sponsored program and is living the good life and a contract with Glory would hinder that, or something along those lines.
Lol, any idea where i can read more about it? Never heard about such a thing and i know kickboxing is growing a lot in China, but that seems.. too much. And why they would "sponsor" a bielorussian guy? Doesn't make sense for me.

Lol, any idea where i can read more about it? Never heard about such a thing and i know kickboxing is growing a lot in China, but that seems.. too much. And why they would "sponsor" a bielorussian guy? Doesn't make sense for me.
JJ is a bit of a Glory shill so take it for what it's worth...
Gerasimchuk had multiple offers from Glory to rematch Rico but turned them down on two grounds;

1 - he's light heavy now

and 2 - the most important for him, he is a Belarus state-sponsored 'amateur' athlete, which means he receives a monthly stipend from the government plus a free apartment in downtown Minsk and an all but direct line to the presidential office to smooth over any of life's little problems he might have.

So i don't blame him for focusing on that tbh.

Belarus not China. They have some good sponsoring program for amateur fighters and he is at LHW now.

JJ is a bit of a Glory shill so take it for what it's worth...
Yeah i don't buy it. Doesn't make sense for me. Why wouldn't Andrey take that Belarus money and fight for Glory instead of Kunlun? Proximity to home? Meh..
Didn't know he is a light heavy now, guy is 6'6, probably cutting a good amount of weight to make it, fuck..

Belarus not China. They have some good sponsoring program for amateur fighters and he is at LHW now.
Yeah that makes even less sense to me, if isn't China who is sponsoring him, why he has to stay there with Kunlun instead of fighting for Glory, who will have more opponents and probably pay him more?

Who told you that? Adegbuyi is pissed off because they are not giving him the chance after 2 won contender tournaments.

Of course Wilnis was away, but when he was available they would have given to the paper champion Brestovac instead. Not a decent challenger.

Rico didn"t clean anything, Daniel Ghiță beat him twice and Saki was robbed by referee. He cleaned out division because Zimmerman and Hari were too bad, Adegbuyi was without experience first and then known by Kreuweel. Rico showed limits against Ben Saddik.

He"s way too protected. This bitch should take on a Romanian in Romania! Daniel Ghiță or Adegbuyi. Or I totally agree, in a 8-stand tournament.

Back