Discussion: Robberies that weren't robberies in retrospect.

Gsp vs Hendricks

Rampage vs Griffin

Lawler vs condit

Bisping is one of my least favorite fighters ever. But I still stand by the Hamill decision. He did more from his back in rds 2 and 3 and won the stand up exchanges. Clearly lost 1 though.

Jesus fucking Christ.
That was one of the worst robberies I've ever seen, I have no idea how you scored that for Sanchez.

I might go rewatch it later, but damn.
Do bro,

If I watched it again I could tell you the exact moments in the rounds he took the fight.

It's one of the best examples of shoddy criteria for judging in MMA - at the time take-downs were scored the same as knockdowns - so it was easy for me to predict at the end of the fight.

I have changed my mind after rewatching a few, most notable is Jones vs Gus which I had Gus 48-47 then Jones 48-47.Another one that's controversial is Hendricks vs GSP,in which I always had GSP 48-47 and I think Dana White freaking out is one of the reasons people are so crazy about the decision and the fact that Hendricks did more damage and actually gave GSP a hell of a fight when people expected GSP to dominate like usual

People were crazy about Rampage over Shogun just because Rampage had a surprised look on his face which he was probably just clowning around like he always is,he won that fight.

GSP/Hendricks
The night of I thought Hendricks won 49-46, and thought it was the worst robbery.
I’ve rewatched it several times, and I can see how people score it 48-47 for GSP.
I still thought Hendricks won 48-47, but it’s not nearly as bad of a robbery as I thought it was on fight night.
The thing about that fight is the rounds that Hendricks won, were won a lot more convincingly than the rounds GSP won.

Hendricks was robbed and it’s not up to debate. He beat GSP.
It is up for debate judging by the fact that most people in this thread upon rewatch scored it for GSP, and so did the judges. Don't be salty.

It is up for debate judging by the fact that most people in this thread upon rewatch scored it for GSP, and so did the judges. Don't be salty.
Nothing to be debated. It’s GSP fans who score for him to rationalize a robbery. No debate to be had: GSP lost.

I gave every round to Cody just because how shocked I was to see Cruz getting clowned it was honestly the worst scoring I've ever done, since then I haven't watched the fight but I just know I've scored it really badly.

Jones/Gus, as a Jon fan that night even I screamed "What?!" when he got the nod.

Bisping-Henderson 2

10-8 Henderson
10-9 Henderson
10-9 Bisping
10-9 Bisping
10-9 Henderson

48-46 Henderson

I've watched many a fight a second time, and then changed my scoring.

Some of the most popular ones are listed below:

Jones/Gustafsson: Scored it 48-47 Gustafsson on the night, scored it 49-46 Jones upon a rewatch.

Any fights which have been "controversial" that you've changed your mind on upon a second/third watch?
Jones won 4 out of 5 rounds?
Really?
Can you be more specfic?
Like Which rounds did Jones win and why?

I had the exact opposite reaction to jones/Gus. Gave it to Jon 48-47 the night of, rewatched it last year and only gave him round 5.

Sanchez vs Kampmann

Was no robbery, I'm probably the only person that thinks so. Scored it right on the night and in retrospect.

I thought GSP vs Hendricks was a robbery,

Having re-watched it certainly could have gone either way..due to the crappy judging methods.

I've watched many a fight a second time, and then changed my scoring.

Some of the most popular ones are listed below:

Jones/Gustafsson: Scored it 48-47 Gustafsson on the night, scored it 49-46 Jones upon a rewatch.
Cruz/Garbrandt: Scored it 47-47 a draw on the night, scored it 48-46 Garbrandt upon a rewatch.
Hendricks/Lawler I: Scored it 48-47 Lawler on the night, scored it 48-47 Hendricks upon a rewatch.
Diaz/Condit: Scored it 48-47 Diaz on the night, scored it 49-48 Condit upon a rewatch.
Jackson/Griffin: Scored it 48-47 Jackson upon a first watch, scored it 48-47 Griffin upon a rewatch.

Any fights which have been "controversial" that you've changed your mind on upon a second/third watch?
The widespread belief that sanchez kampmann was a huge robbery is one of the weirdest things and a great example of both confirmation bias and groupthink. Watch those last two rounds really closely, there is no way anyone can make the argument that kampmann clearly won those rounds. It also baffles me how people can't see the obvious logical flaw in judging a fight based on superficial damage.

I Agree. Dana White said after the fight that Diego won as well.

He stole the 2nd round with the flurry and won the 3rd by being more aggressive and controling the octagon.

Just bleed Diego haters will point out how busted up he was but that damage was from a few strikes.

and GSP 1,3,5
It's not hating, I just want to point out, there is no such thing as stealing rounds in the rule book. Also, in judging aggression is the third criteria after effective striking and grappling. U think they were even in those regards and had to base the round off aggression?

I rewatched that fight way too many times and maybe only once or twice gave Diego a single round

Bisping/hammil

When I first watched it I thought Matt won every round MAYBE lost 1...

After rewatching it and watching countless other close fights/robberies it wasn't ALL THAT bad and COULD HAVE gone to bisping. I just think it was the first "major" "robbery" of the new era and left a bitter taste cause how shitty of a person bisping was

I remember watching Bisping vs. Hammil and thinking Bisping won. Upon watching again I realized that Hammil actually won. Rewatched Jones vs. Gus and initially thought Jones won 3-2. After watching again I realized Jones won every round aside for perhaps round 3.

Had Hendricks beating GSP, rewatched it and had him beating him even worse. Biggest robbery I've ever seen. If you think GSP deserved that because of a jab and a failed submission attempt in r1 after getting his face smashed then go watch ballet please.

Back