Dissapointed...Gained the Weight Back I Lost

Nothing really worse than moving backwards. Joined the gym and started eating healthy but I'll be damned if it doesn't feel like I'm hungry all the time after a workout. Can't really cook for shit either. I just get super hungry at night because I eat really light during the day. Any advice from people out there who live a healthy lifestyle?
Try intermittent fasting. Sounds like you don't eat much during the day anyways, just don't eat anything until 5pm, then as long as you don't eat straight junk food all the time, you'll lose weight

Nothing really worse than moving backwards. Joined the gym and started eating healthy but I'll be damned if it doesn't feel like I'm hungry all the time after a workout. Can't really cook for shit either. I just get super hungry at night because I eat really light during the day. Any advice from people out there who live a healthy lifestyle?

Don't be down on yourselve man. Your fitness is a long term thing . Reset and break down your goals in 4 -6 week plans . Take a few days off to recharge then tweak the plan.

Don't buy unhealthy foods and fill up on tasty vegetables.

When my stomach is full of soup or beverage, I'm not hungry. When I'm doing something or a hobby, I'm focused on the thing I'm doing rather than eating. I spent maybe 6 or 7 hrs straight building a plastic model and wasn't really hungry or sleepy after I only got around 3-4 hrs of sleep the previous night.

I’d suggest using a site like myfitnesspal to track your eating. It helps you to portion your food (so you can keep track of your calories) and it’s actually helpful in learning what is healthy food and what isn’t. Like you put something in and see that it’s like 300 calories and 48 grams of sugar and be like wooooah maybe I’ll eat less of that lol. And through time you learn what’s good and what isn’t.

If you’re feeling hungry a lot you may not be eating enough, or enough of the right foods. Try to eat more throughout the day so you don’t pig out at night.

I find vegetables and oatmeal are good. Veggies are low cal so you can eat a lot of them throughout the day. And I find oatmeal filling.

How much are you now, and were at your recent lightest?

Working out does make you hungrier.

Eat more saturated fat. It will satiate you. Fiber will help to fill you up , which means eat more veggies and some fruit. Get most of your nutrients from vegetables. Lots of protein for muscle repair.

Don't have sugar in any of its forms.

Drink mostly water to also help with weight management.

If you're eating only a few times a day, try splitting that up into multiple smaller meals. What kind of working out are you doing by the way?

Try eating a heavy breakfast and light dinners. You burn energy during the day, and you'll sleep better and wake up with more energy.

just don't fucking buy anything processed.

if you like snacking on chips and salty stuff buy popcorn grains at bulk barn pop them, add a little bit of salt and its hits the mark withouth the calorie overload.

if you like sugar stuff just find a fruit you really like and add a little bit of sugar to them. I like have cut up strawberries and add a little of sugar overnight.

general rule of if you want it make it yourself will get you a long way.

you feel like an applie pie? make it
you want a pizza? make it

etc

Learn to cook. Buy a slow-cooker / pressure cooker. Don't buy shitty foods that you can snack on.
slow cooker saves my life, honestly. Lots of heavy soups and healthy roasts.

Evenings are the worst. I tend to eat later to avoid being hungry before bed. Or, I eat an apple and drink a big glass of cold water.

Eat more pussy. It's the mealtime choice of champions.

In all seriousness, I believe part of the solution is a change in how we look at food. Food is fuel at it's most basic. If we tackle it from that mindset and figure out what is the best fuel for a particular outcome we can then work within that framework to develop the secondary characteristics of flavor and palatable combinations of that fuel.

The foremost consideration should always be the quality and characteristics of the fuel. Secondary considerations are how much of that fuel our biological engine needs at various points within a day to maintain peak efficiency.

You have to accept that you're gonna be hungry for a long time before you either get used to it, or your body adapts.

It's still used to an intake of a fat person's amount of food. It will be begging for it until it adapts. It sucks, so get used to it.

You can't counter it with anything that will make you feel better and lose weight. This is what weight loss really is. Cut out food.

If you're eating only a few times a day, try splitting that up into multiple smaller meals. What kind of working out are you doing by the way?
All cardio

You could try intermittent fasting. Don't eat in the first 2/3s of the day then eat a big meal in the evening. This is what I did because I can't sleep at all if I'm hungry, but I don't mind being hungry during the day when I'm busy.

Not me I gave all my fat clothes to my fat friends and bought a bow flex

I'd recommend not worrying as much about your weight and focusing more on your athletic performance.

Find your limits and then try to beat your personal bests. Sprinting, distance running, vertical leap, pull ups, curls, squats, etc.

If you do this, and cut out processed foods, you'll be feeling great and you'll more than likely lose weight in the process.

Cutting out processed foods means don't eat things that come in a box. No instant foods, no artificial flavours, no added sugars. Instead, add fiber, leafy greens, nuts, and lots of beans.

With a little discipline, it can't fail.

Research plant based diet. Live by it. You're well-being will increase in all aspects.

how much did you weigh and how tall are you? - did you consider yourself fat, average or what?

I don't get the trend with losing weight and looking skinny. So many people fall into the trap of losing weight via calorie deficiency and becoming unhealthy because some BMI scale told them they're overweight.

Unless you're gaining too much weight from over indulgence you should gain a few pounds per year anyway.

I traumatized my hand at the start of december and couldn't work out for 1,5 months. Gained 7 lbs of 20 I lost back =( I feel you TS.

Back