Divinity: Original Sin Enhanced Edition

Bought this over christmas, keep meaning to start it, currently probably in the middle of my to play pile.

I put it on the hardest setting and died in the first battle twice already. Steep learning curve so far but seems like fun.

I put it on the hardest setting and died in the first battle twice already. Steep learning curve so far but seems like fun.
yeah, hard feels unfair at times, especially early on while you're still learning the systems and things.
Great game, been playing through the enhanced edition again while waiting for the sequel and torment to come out.

Lol I thought normal was plenty hard in that game

Just started playing this. Gameplay is fun as hell. Haven't seen any other RPGs of this nature with these kind of environmental effects.

I'm only just beginning but it seems like oil+fire is OP. I'm playing on normal though.

I started over to a 2H warrior and it's making it a bit easier. I should probably just start over on normal.

I'm on my 5th new game and have yet to get past the 3rd battle. I refuse to reduce the difficulty...sigh. I just can't find a good class combo that I really like.

I'll continue talking to myself here in case someone may actually be playing it some time soon.

This game is fucking brutal. I just realized last night there are no quest markers which is actually kind of cool.

Someone in-game mentioned that heading West from Cyseal was essentially "easier." The games way of telling me where to start, I suppose.

I have 4 party members and just get annihilated. My party simply does not generate enough damage. I'm on the 2nd hardest difficulty and I don't want to change, but at this rate I can't get anything going.

I need to get going on this game. Picked it up on a PSN sale, but it was a few weeks before DS3 and didn't want to get to invested in big RPG. Just about done with DS3 so I think I'll jump on this game.

I need to get going on this game. Picked it up on a PSN sale, but it was a few weeks before DS3 and didn't want to get to invested in big RPG. Just about done with DS3 so I think I'll jump on this game.

I thought I knew what I was in for having played many hours of Dragon Age but this is much harder and deeper.

I thought I knew what I was in for having played many hours of Dragon Age but this is much harder and deeper.
I think you've just gone the wrong way. It's pretty easy to go to areas that you aren't strong enough for yet. Also, make use of your surroundings: rain, puddles of water/blood, explosive poison gas, etc. If your party has a good tank and is capable of producing all types of elemental damage, the game becomes a cakewalk. I made one of my main two characters a rogue for lockpicking and dialogue. He was useless in battle at the beginning of the game and was still only good for stealthing and quickly taking out 1 or 2 spellcasters at the start of a battle even later in the game. I only beat the game once, but in my experience, a well-built caster and a geared up tank are pretty much unstoppable. My second main character was a super overpowered mage. Mercenaries were a tank and archer. The archer was slightly less useless than the rogue.

I think you've just gone the wrong way. It's pretty easy to go to areas that you aren't strong enough for yet. Also, make use of your surroundings: rain, puddles of water/blood, explosive poison gas, etc. If your party has a good tank and is capable of producing all types of elemental damage, the game becomes a cakewalk. I made one of my main two characters a rogue for lockpicking and dialogue. He was useless in battle at the beginning of the game and was still only good for stealthing and quickly taking out 1 or 2 spellcasters at the start of a battle even later in the game. I only beat the game once, but in my experience, a well-built caster and a geared up tank are pretty much unstoppable. My second main character was a super overpowered mage. Mercenaries were a tank and archer. The archer was slightly less useless than the rogue.

Man I'm trying. I have literally 0 money and so few useful skills. I may need to drop the didficulty to normal.

Man I'm trying. I have literally 0 money and so few useful skills. I may need to drop the didficulty to normal.
Good luck, the best advice I have for you is to have a good mage and make use of crowd control abilities and the elemental environment things. Making sure to engage with your tank to get get attacks of opportunity is important, too.

was talking to a buddy about this game earlier today, we're still in the beginning. going to be on tomorrow night

Early game tip: steal EVERYTHING in the first town. Especially paintings. In some situations you can have one character initiate dialogue with an NPC to force them to face in a certain direction. Then have another character stealth and steal things. You may have to save scum, however.

Early game tip: steal EVERYTHING in the first town. Especially paintings. In some situations you can have one character initiate dialogue with an NPC to force them to face in a certain direction. Then have another character stealth and steal things. You may have to save scum, however.

pretty much, its like 3 hours just to get everything going (stealing/selling/getting other characters.) after that though its a blast.

Yeah this is one of the rare games where even normal is a challenge. I've beaten the game and still never touched hard difficulty. Even on normal you have to head out of town through the right gates (at a low level you absolutely CANNOT win fights against anything higher level than you) and you definitely want to pick up the 2 followers in town. I went with Bairdotr and Jahan. Jahan's ability to freeze tough enemies or teleport them away is vital, and Archery is ridiculously good in this game. you'll find special arrows are amazingly effective, particularly stun and charm arrows. Bairdotr got me out of a lot of close fights by charming things I really shouldn't have been fighting.

Just realized you can't reduce the difficulty if you picked Tactician level. Fml.

slowly making my way through the quests but the fact that your party stays dead after battle is brutal.

Finally picked this back up, about 15 hours or so in and really enjoying it. Finished up the first area finally and made it to the second town.

Main characters are a Fighter and a Pyromancer(I think), and recruited Wolgraf and Jahan. Outside of battle I really like having Wolgraf around for his scoundrel skill set so I can go invisible and steal everything, but in battle the ability to back stab seems outclassed. I fell like getting him into position to backstab leaves him wide open and his skills like Eyepoke and Lacerate are pretty "meh". Thinking about giving him a bow since I haven't invested any skill points into dual wield yet and I have TONS of different arrows since I haven't had a character to use them yet.

I've only messed around with the scoundrel skills a little bit, but they seem weak. At least in the early game. Archery is pretty damn op in this game. The special arrows work wonders, and stun and charm arrows are amazing for tough fights. Arrows are so good I always take bairdotr for one of my extra characters

Back