Divinity: Original Sin Enhanced Edition

Arrows really do seem the way to go over continuing with dual daggers. I don't have mine set up yet, but when there are tons of archers they can fuck up my battle plans laying down poison/static/burning effects and poorly timed charm arrow has made me reload a few times.

I like dual daggers. I use grenades a lot with that build too and destroy shit.

I think lacerate and backstabs are pretty good

There is a sequel coming out sometime in the near future, I am stoked. Supposed to be out by the end of the year. You can play as an undead in this one!

Yeah rogues don't seem as good in this as they are in most games. Imo backstab damage isn't high enough to make up for the huge risk in getting that close to a pack of enemies.

Most mobs in this game hit hard and are pretty tanky. Arrows have more versatility and a lit of them are aoes. I love how you can use elemental effects in this game too. Have jahan cast rain and then fire in a static cloud or stun arrow, or a freeze arrow.

High damage and a lot of crowd control potential, which is key in this game since you're almost always outnumbered. Also charm arrows can work on minibosses and on creatures higher level than you.

Once I cleared a whole area with mobs four levels above mine by charming

Holy fuck I'm about to break this game in half. At the elemental puzzle at the burial mounds, and placing the pendants doesn't do shit. After an hour of trying I look online and people are like "oh yeah it's bugged. I just play the other quests". Seriously? The guy who made this has a broken quest and hasn't fixed it yet?

Holy fuck I'm about to break this game in half. At the elemental puzzle at the burial mounds, and placing the pendants doesn't do shit. After an hour of trying I look online and people are like "oh yeah it's bugged. I just play the other quests". Seriously? The guy who made this has a broken quest and hasn't fixed it yet?

It's not broken. I just finished it a few weeks ago.

Not for everyone maybe but there are plenty of threads online about it

Damn that's some bullshit. I'd be pretty pissed.

So far my party is a sword and board tank that uses mostly man at arms and hyrophist. Scarlett who a pyro and geo with a lot of summons. Jahan using lightning and hyrophist and then wolgraff with grades and dual daggers.

I feel this is a very solid team and I've been rolling through tactician with it.

I had to get a little cheap with the Braccus fight though

I don't see the point of melee when you can just cast a bunch of spells from a distance. I have one battlemage tank character and he's the only one who ever engages the enemy head on.

I don't see the point of melee when you can just cast a bunch of spells from a distance. I have one battlemage tank character and he's the only one who ever engages the enemy head on.
Feels kind of like dragon age in that aspect

Dual wield rogues can go stealth, walk on dangerous terrain, teleport, etc..

Typically what I do is go stealth and creep behind the enemy and create a single rear attack. I can take out two enemies easily this way then teleport away.

Plus I have a skill that recovers health in blood so anything that bleeds is an easy kill.

I found archery to be less fun, myself.

Dual wield rogues can go stealth, walk on dangerous terrain, teleport, etc..

Typically what I do is go stealth and creep behind the enemy and create a single rear attack. I can take out two enemies easily this way then teleport away.

Plus I have a skill that recovers health in blood so anything that bleeds is an easy kill.

I found archery to be less fun, myself.

If you're getting close to the enemy that means you can't torch the entire area they're standing on.

If you're getting close to the enemy that means you can't torch the entire area they're standing on.

You can with winged feet. I torch the inside then send him in with that to walk on any terrain

I always play a sneaky archer in RPGs when I get a chance. Despite the bug I mentioned I still am liking the game. I really wish teammates either auto revived after a battle or resurrection scrolls were easier to come by. I hate having to reload because one person barely died. I also like the lack of hand holding regarding mission objectives. I enjoy finding stuff on my own instead of map markers laying everything out for me.

You can buy rez scrolls in town. Steal everything you can in town especially the paintings, and you'll have more than enough cash.for them.

I agree you don't really need tanks in this game. My first plau through was all mages and archers, and.I just used elementals and charmed npcs for tanks. The elementals are pretty buff, and you can just have them wade in and then cast aoes of their element.

If anyone gets too close teleport them next to the tanks or freeze, shock etc

I don't have mine set up yet, but when there are tons of archers they can fuck up my battle plans laying down poison/static/burning effects and poorly timed charm arrow has made me reload a few times.
This. The fight starts and my characters decide to take positions farthest away from archers so that nothing can hit or deal with them. Occasionally you can have melee tank engage with battering ram (4ap to travel longer distance you can walk with 4ap).

Usually if there are archers I spend the first turn running backwards, behind some wall or other object so that they spend their first turn running towards me to get into position where they can attack me. I once dropped and oil barrell before running away from them and they all happened to run right next to it on their turn :D

Otherwise a summon is helpful to place just next to them if you can.

Was i the only one who would save the game just before the kill shot on bosses untill they dropped a unique item.

Was i the only one who would save the game just before the kill shot on bosses untill they dropped a unique item.

I did that for a bit, but I was constantly finding better gear before to long so I kind of gave up on that. My group is level 13 now. I've read level 20 is the cap so I may start save scumming again to get the better loot now that I'm in the back half of the game and guessing leveling will slow down a bit and gear will last longer.

man i tried so hard to like this game...i just can't get over how the controls work.

moving around, breaking up your group, re grouping, inventory management, etc. Just too much of a PITA

Back