News DJ and Eddie Alvarez to headline One FC LW and FLW tourney

I want see DJ vs Bibi, that’s the best fight they can make. Also I’d like see One sign Will Brooks and match him with Alvarez to unify the bellator LW belt.
Why? Will Brooks is boring and overrated. That whole unifying thing is stupid. Primus is the Bellator champ.

Also, DJ and Bibi are training partners, they are not fighting each other.
I actually think Moraes is his toughest matchup.
Agreed.

Pretty easy to promote a grand prix if all fighters starts with 4000$+4000$

In Ufc all fighters regardless record or nationality starts with 10,000$+10,000$

Err...UFC could easily promote a GP in this style they wanted to, but they don't. You think anyone in the Strikeforce heavyweight GP is making $4k?

Not sure your point.

make them one night tournaments and I will care 100 times more.

finally a good reason to start following One again.

lw GP looks stacked and the flw GP doesnt look bad either.

Last edited:
  • Flyweight World Grand Prix
    • Geje Eustaquio (ONE Flyweight Champion)
    • Demetrious Johnson
    • Kairat Akhmetov
    • Adriano Moraes
    • Danny Kingad
    • Yuya Wakamatsu
    • Reece McLaren
    • (TBD)
  • Lightweight World Grand Prix
    • Eddie Alvarez
    • Shinya Aoki
    • Eduard Folayang
    • Amir Khan
    • Timofey Nastyukhin
    • Ariel Sexton
    • Ev Ting
    • Saygid Guseyn Arslanaliev

Damn FLW roster looked good

Wiratchai doesn't belong.

Gafurov does belong, but he just got KO'ed by Matsushima.
Well so much for that. But to be fair Wiratchai beat Khan (who's in the tourney) and I think Gafurov has done more in One than say Natsyukin.

I'm gonna be rooting for Khan as the big underdog but I think he loses to almost everyone else in that tourney

DJ better crush all his opponents or he's going to look like a bad acquisition

Err...UFC could easily promote a GP in this style they wanted to, but they don't. You think anyone in the Strikeforce heavyweight GP is making $4k?

Not sure your point.

Some fighters in One championship who have fought for the title have made 3000$+3000$ and that is terrifying

Fan of this. I am a huge fan of both fighters for different reasons.

Eddie has always been a favorite of mine and over the years has quite possibly become my favorite. The guy is the definition of a classy stand-up guy both inside and outside of the cage. In many ways he represents an old school mentality in a new school era. The way he came up in the local Tri-State is the way that an old-school boxer would. He made himself a local draw that could pack venues with his hoard of Philly fans and had the talent to boot. Unlike these no talent bums with little to no belief in themselves who have to rely on winning a crap reality show and hoping to get stuck in a shit TUF contract, Eddie took the road less traveled.He went out and was a total road warrior fighting anywhere he could and making a name for himself by winning against the best of his era. Sorry UFC fan boys, people like Kenny "never beat a top ten fighter, but somehow convinced know-nothing journalists I'm top 5" Florian and and Joe Stevenson were never the best. AT the time Aoki, Hansen, Kawajiri were. He then went to Bellator and put himslef in prime position to get a juicy deal with UFC where he again, captured a belt and rattled off hard fought victories over other all-time great fighters. He is the LW GOAT without a doubt. Sorry Khabib, beating 2 top ten fighters within almost 30 fights DOES NOT make you GOAT...

DJ is a super talented fighter, that unfortunately doesn't draw. However, I do see room for him to make a splash in One. Asian markets care less about a fighter being able to work the mic and really just show a deep appreciation for skill. DJ has plenty. He may have lost to Cejudo, but damn Cejudo has improved which was on display even in his loss to Benavidez. Ultimately One is a better fit for DJ when all the above is considered.

Are they getting overpaid? Sure, but if One is going to throw out dollars than you'd be hard pressed to find 2 people who deserve it more.

It has been funny watching people who never gave to craps about the greatness these 2 gentleman have given us getting all upset that they "dare" leave the UFC. These 2 are gems of the combat sports world and nobody has given 2 shits about them. They don't owe anyone anything. Good on them for getting paid while lesser fighters who have basically no options because they haven't been as successful and in Eddie's case, been as successful and navigated their career as masterfully reap what they sewed...Or more like what they didn't. Also, we must keep in mind that this is the life cycle of a fighter's career. While I still think both could continue to be involved in competitive fights in the UFC, They are a much needed boost to the Global MMA market where young up-n-coming fighters need the chance to get a crack at, and ultimately prove themselves against fighters of such proven caliber.

SBC said:
Asian markets care less about a fighter being able to work the mic and really just show a deep appreciation for skill.

I think it's more like Asian fans care more about Asian fighters that win regardless of anything else

It's basic hometown (homeregion?) pandering

I want see DJ vs Bibi, that’s the best fight they can make.
Will never happen.

Captura_de_Tela_2017_04_13__s_11.31.42.0.png

Back