DJ beat Wilson Reis (10th defense) and Ray Borg (11th defense) to break Andy’s title defenses record

So two people who are very good at what they do and have more accomplishments than any of Demetrious Johnson's opponents put together especially chonan he would go on to win a championship title in his retirement fight.

Yeah no. They’re cans. Anderson lost to them (got finished) while MM beat his

Last edited:
Cejudo was a freestyle wrestler, just like Yoel Romero, he has good takedowns but lacks the top control of typical folkstyle wrestlers, which means they are not good at keeping people down. Ben Askren has a good breakdown on this. I'm sorry but you cant be one of the GOATS while struggling to beat guys like Tim Elliot. MM's competition is shallow, if you take away the "title defense" angle, his resume is no better than guys like Ferguson, DC, Stipe etc.
He breezed through Elliot wtf are you talking about? Elliot held a guillotine for a while and got dominated for the rest of the fight.

He's beating everyone on the ground definitively. College wrestlers like Joe B, BJJ guys like Reis, and Olympians like Cejudo.

FLW is full of great fighters. DJ is just better

anderson had mediocre title defenses too, you're so threatened by anyone who's not brazilian it's pathetic lmao.

and i'm a massive silva fan, and not even a fan of MM.

Anderson Silva tied the record by beating Patrick Cote then broke it by beating Thales Leites.

And Anderson Silva title reign included wins against Patrick Cote and Thales Leites whom I'm confident a Ray Borg if he weighed the same as those guys would beat easily.

Yeah, but Anderson also beat well known & highly regarded legit killers, Mighty Mouse can't claim that.

It's a mentality that comes from boxing. It has always been with MMA since the addition of weight classes.
Not to mention all the best combatants have done it throughout history with the exception of heavyweights wh are too big to go down.
I been watching mma since 200. It has never been in mma lol. The champs fight the most deserving contender in their weight class. That's how championships work.

I been watching mma since 200. It has never been in mma lol. The champs fight the most deserving contender in their weight class. That's how championships work.
Ufc 200? lol

Yeah, but Anderson also beat well known & highly regarded legit killers, Mighty Mouse can't claim that.

Benavidez, Dodson at his best. Cejudo probably has the most upside in that division and Mighty Mouse destroyed him in the first round. Even lesser known guys like Moraga, Horiguchi and Borg are more skilled overall than some of Anderson's best defenses.

You've been watching MMA since UFC 200 but you joined Sherdog in 2011?

UFC 200 was in 2016. lol

I'm going to assume you meant UFC 100.

Last edited:
let the fact he cleaned all contenders, including those who moved up and became top contenders at their new division....
Add the fact that Borg was imposed on him...
Add the fact you are so triggered that you had to make this stupid thread to bash a fighter...

we can only conclude you are a dumbass hater.

Let that sink in...

We should have a "you're a fucking retard" button in addition to the like button... I'd have much more use for that.
xMRPz.gif

You only care more about people Anderson fought because those were guys UFC pushed and focused on. They don't market the 125 division, so as a casual non-fan you only care about what the UFC wants you to care about.

It's funny because people made the exact same insults against Anderson during his reign-building years.

It was just as stupid then, too.

Tell me how many full grown men you know that are 5'3" weighing in between 125lbs-139lbs walk around weight?
Depends on where you live...

Why Pfft???
Thats what he did...and does...
Part time fighter at 135...all the way to a ts...and gave Cruz one of the hardest fights he ever had...

Drops down...and starts fighting full time after the McCall fight...looking better with every fight. Breaking Silva's record.

If you wanna discredit his opponents he defended against...you can do the same with Anderson (Côte was happy to see a 3rd round and then blew his knee, Maia who had nothing for Silva, Leites come on)

Back