DJ beat Wilson Reis (10th defense) and Ray Borg (11th defense) to break Andy’s title defenses record

Depends on where you live...

Why Pfft???
Thats what he did...and does...
Part time fighter at 135...all the way to a ts...and gave Cruz one of the hardest fights he ever had...

Drops down...and starts fighting full time after the McCall fight...looking better with every fight. Breaking Silva's record.

If you wanna discredit his opponents he defended against...you can do the same with Anderson (Côte was happy to see a 3rd round and then blew his knee, Maia who had nothing for Silva, Leites come on)
Yes pfft! Demetrius is that you?

I wasnt watching MMA at that time, just posting on sherdog for shits and giggles

Maybe you werent watching then, cuz Sonnen had double digit losses going into the Silva fight (who was likely on roids just like Sonnen was)

You are just blindly ignoring his progression as a fighter, assuming that he was the same guy getting chocked out in WEC. Clearly he entered his prime during his run before the Silva fight. He was undeniably the #2 MW in the world at that point.

You are just blindly ignoring his progression as a fighter, assuming that he was the same guy getting chocked out in WEC. Clearly he entered his prime during his run before the Silva fight. He was undeniably the #2 MW in the world at that point.
Beating dan miller, okami, and Marquardt all by decision didnt make Sonnen undeniably the #2 MW at that point

Beating dan miller, okami, and Marquardt all by decision didnt make Sonnen undeniably the #2 MW at that point

Who else was then? The only other possible guy was Dan Henderson and that is arguable. At the time Nate and Okami were top guys in the division. Before Sonnen beat Nate, Nate was ranked #2 MW in the world. You are just using hindsight to discredit his run.

Last edited:
If you don't mind me asking what got you into it? Because for me it was Tito Ortiz and Guy mezger.
Dennis hallmsn subbing matt hughes in 20 seconds. I thought he was the greatest fighter in mma at the time lol.

Anderson Silva defended against Patrick Cote, Thales Leites, Yushin Okami, and Travis Lutter (or would have if Lutter didn't miss weight).

Still more impressive than Canderson's resume. And he did it without popping for dick pills.

Anderson fought full size men.
DJ fights micro men in a weak division.

His record stands.

Who else was then? The only other possible guy was Dan Henderson and that is arguable. At the time Nate and Okami were top guys in the division. Before Sonnen beat Nate, Nate was ranked #2 MW in the world. You are just using hindsight to discredit his run.

Hendo, Vitor, Maia (who destroyed Sonnen), Rockhold, Jacare, and i would give Kennedy a good shot against Chael back in 2010

He might of been next in line for the shot, but was never undeniably the #2 MW in the world and is not that impressive of a win for Silva despite the bad stylistic matchup. The guy had 10 losses already and one was less than 2 years before the first Silva fight when Maia effortlessly tapped him in less than 3 minutes

Back