DJ IS FIGHTING ON THE SAME CARD AS TJ? pathetic.

You seen kinda entrenched in defending your stance on this, but you really ain't living in the real world, you don't need to like it but it's been going on for ever, and will continue long after you and I are gone, so basically like it or lump it.

Contracts have always only been worth the paper they are written on if one party has enough leverage, you are acting like i'm saying this is how I want it to be, i'm not i'm merely pointing out that it is how it is.

It's very simple if they don't offer him enough to fight TJ, he won't fight TJ, that could of course backfire if the UFC were to strip him of his belt, but that's the gamble he's taking.
No you are just flat out wrong and that is why you won't offer an example despite you saying it happens all the time.

You have made the same mistake a few other naive people have and are clinging to it rather than admitting it. It is not common at all for a Champ with a contract to refuse a fight against an opponent making weight in his division in normal course. It is typically under circumstances such as short notice or asking the Champ to move outside his division that such exceptions are made.

DJ's talented, athletic and special, but lost any respect of for being a warrior.

Fighters accept bouts all of the time while feeling a sense of anxiety or even fear.

At times fighters have later admitted they entered the ring expecting they may lose,
but embraced it and with courage chose to give it hell anyway...

SOMETIMES, because they gave it hell,
they even WON due to their warrior spirit.

I cant be certain DJ expected to lose, but butterflies were enough for him to bow his head,
and to me its pathetic.

Cowardice is a far worse trait than cheating in a test of combat.

DISAGREE? SKIP TO POST #92 OF THIS THREAD.
You probably get mad when gsp fights bisping without a middleweight fight in his history........

Even so none of them said the stupid shit that you did.

He clearly said in his quote that it's about money. He hasn't' been campaigning for these fights all this time because he doesn't want them. He is willing to do it for the right money. I find nothing wrong with that considering these are not flyweights. They have not fought at flyweight. He has no obligation to fight them.
Anyone who makes weight at Flyweight is a flyweight.

Was Bisping not a MW on his first fight at MW. Was Lyoto not? Should guys be able to have duck them coming to the division saying 'they are not MW's as they have not yet fought there'?

That is some crazy dumb standard as guys move divisions up and down all the time and when they make weight on their FIRST fight that is what they are. So to be able to refuse that first fight means they never get started.

You're talking to deaf ears man, these people want to hate MM and find any reason to.
First because he's short, then because he was boring, then because he couldn't finish fights and now he gets hate for apparently being a duck
Couldn’t it be that he was all of those things at one point or another. He is definitely short, I still find his fights boring (there is such a thing as too dominant that there is no suspense) and, he didn’t want to fight a man who was willing to meet him in the cage at his weight... he has been finishing lately though.

I put most of Mouse's quotes up the page before,
and while you may not want to read it,

they are HIS words.

- he was willing to fight Cody who hadnt defended his belt and fought in a higher weight class- DJ SAID HE ASKED OR CODY TO DROP DOWN AND FIGHT HIM
- When TJ asked, DJ said "no you arent champ"
- Once TJ was champ, Mouse FIRST said NO fighter should EVER be allowed to drop and challenge (EVEN THOUGH HE HAD JUST SUGGESTED CODY DO IT)
- THEN had a whole NEW set of ridiculous demands (3 title fights on the card, MUST include GSP vs Woodley, etc- shit NOONE has ever asked for.

They are his words, GO BACK A PAGE AND READ EM.

ITS IRONIC ALL OF YOU KEEP TYPING "KEYBOARD WARRIOT" KINDA SHIT-
since none of us know anything about each other in real life, why dont we reiew what the other pro fighters have to say about it?

the fighters overwhelmingly think DJ looks bad in this.

Kid, you are a dumbass hater trying to twist words and events.

He was willing to fight a champion. TJ was not the champion. then why fight him ?
And DJ was being forced to fight TJ for the same prive he was getting paid to fight Borg. Now why the fuch you think it is fair and that DJ had to say yes to this fight?
It made no sense for him to fight TJ for the same money than he'd get to fight Borg.

The "ridiculous demands" never happened. this isa lie made by haters like you, that you repeat just to keep on hating him.

Oh, and by the way, don't get it twisted. TJ refused to help Dana, and it was Dana who took this fight away from TJ.

DJ should be fighting TJ if there are any records being broken.. gay as hell getting a record off ray borings.

DJ breaking Anderson Silva's record by beating a bunch of bums.

Anyone who makes weight at Flyweight is a flyweight.

I'm sure you can understand the basic point that TJ has never fought at flyweight and is therefore not a flyweight right now and is therefore not a legitimate contender at flyweight.

His words were that he is scared? I must have missed that part.

Was Bisping not a MW on his first fight at MW. Was Lyoto not? Should guys be able to have duck them coming to the division saying 'they are not MW's as they have not yet fought there'?

We are talking about a title fight. Not a regular fight. There is a difference.

That is some crazy dumb standard as guys move divisions up and down all the time and when they make weight on their FIRST fight that is what they are. So to be able to refuse that first fight means they never get started.

So you admit that TJ "never got started". He would be jumping to a title shot without ever fighting at flyweight before. That's the entire point.

Last edited:
HOw are you sure? What is that based on? Has MM made some comments suggesting that as the best way to make it happen is to put it out there, create some buzz and then the UFC will be more apt to pay.
He’s fought at 35 before if he beats cejudo again that pretty much ends all challenges at 25, Pettis isn’t ready imo. Didn’t he also say a while back he wanted 2 million to go up for a super fight?

DJ's talented, athletic and special, but lost any respect of for being a warrior.

Fighters accept bouts all of the time while feeling a sense of anxiety or even fear.

At times fighters have later admitted they entered the ring expecting they may lose,

I cant be certain DJ expected to lose, but butterflies were enough for him to bow his head,
and to me its pathetic.

100% MM is a joke!! Just like the UFC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and to me its pathetic.

Why don't people understand that MM said that he'd fight TJ is the UFC financially guaranteed that TJ would make weight? The UFC said no they wouldn't because they are unsure if TJ can make the weight.

The reasoning behind MM is if TJ doesn't make weight then it's not a title fight, it doesn't count for a title defense and MM's PAY GETS CUT.

It was never MM being scared. It's the UFC isn't willing to put the money where their mouth is. Calling him scared in public is a negotiating tactic to make MM back off his demands.

I'm sure you can understand the basic point that TJ has never fought at flyweight and is therefore not a flyweight right now and is therefore not a legitimate contender at flyweight.
No. Because that is not how it works in the UFC.

Many fighters from BJ Penn almost 15 years ago to, too many to count now have changed weight classes and got immediate title shots or huge money fights.

So reality does not support you.

His words were that he is scared? I must have missed that part.
That quote is not mine and not something I would say so not sure how you quoted me with someone else's words but editing it fix that would be good.

We are talking about a title fight. Not a regular fight. There is a difference.
First you say guys need to prove themselves in the division before fighting in the division not you change it when I show you were wrong.

What is the big difference? If they can make weight and fight at that weight why should it matter other than some arbitrary BS you might say?

So you admit that TJ "never got started". He would be jumping to a title shot without ever fighting at flyweight before. That's the entire point.
Naw you just don't understand the point. If a guy ANY GUY has to prove himself at a weight class before anyone excepts a fight with him then no one starts at a new weight class as the first fight will never happen.

He’s fought at 35 before if he beats cejudo again that pretty much ends all challenges at 25, Pettis isn’t ready imo. Didn’t he also say a while back he wanted 2 million to go up for a super fight?
Fighting there before where he had losses does not mean he wants to go back. I don't think he needs to go back. That is entirely up to him. I just think he needs to fight all comers who make weight in his division and that the UFC puts forward. That is ALL champs obligation. And him saying he 'wants $2MM' is nice. Do those economics make any sense to the UFC based on what he draws and returns?

i would like 10X my current pay from my work but the economics make sense or they do not based on the value i provide. If the UFC thinks he is worth $2MM i have no issue with that.

Why don't people understand that MM said that he'd fight TJ is the UFC financially guaranteed that TJ would make weight? The UFC said no they wouldn't because they are unsure if TJ can make the weight.

The reasoning behind MM is if TJ doesn't make weight then it's not a title fight, it doesn't count for a title defense and MM's PAY GETS CUT.

It was never MM being scared. It's the UFC isn't willing to put the money where their mouth is. Calling him scared in public is a negotiating tactic to make MM back off his demands.
is there a source for this as I would entirely eat my words and change my mind if that is true.

Stop defending this fake champion.

DJ fought Ray borg in his last fight, a 24 year old bum who missed weight 2 out of his last 4 fights before that, and DJ had no issues or complaints about his weight cut failures , I think Dillashaw is more disciplined and way more skilled than Borg, he is the champ after all. DJ is running for the hills
Do you know why he fought Ray Borg? Probably not.

Because the UFC pushed for him to fight Borg when he was asking for Sergio Pettis.
MM - I'd like to fight Pettis
UFC - no we're going to give Borg the shot
MM - ok no problem you're the boss

UFC - hey we want you to fight TJ
MM - for my title? Can he make the weight?
UFC - he says he can
MM - can I get some financial guarentees because if he doesn't make weight it's not for a title and my pay will suffer?
UFC - no, no guarantees. We're just going to take TJ's word for it.
MM - nah I'll stick with Borg then

is there a source for this as I would entirely eat my words and change my mind if that is true.
MM came out and explained the entire situation after he got sick of people calling him scared. I read it on Sherdog but I want to say it was originally on his FB. It was like a page long post. That's why in my above post I know he wanted to fight Pettis but the UFC pushed Borg on him.

MM came out and explained the entire situation after he got sick of people calling him scared. I read it on Sherdog but I want to say it was originally on his FB. It was like a page long post. That's why in my above post I know he wanted to fight Pettis but the UFC pushed Borg on him.
ok. I am not vested enough to demand proof or I will continue my points. I would actually support MM if that was his reasoning. i don't just accept stuff on this forum without proof but I wont dismiss it either. I will remain agnostic.

You should fight DJ. It’d be a pleasure to watch a rodent beat up a mouthy Sherbecile.

Seriously no offence but only manlets think 10 pounds is a lot of weight.

To me guys 135 to 155 are the same size.

Back