DJ IS FIGHTING ON THE SAME CARD AS TJ? pathetic.

TJ calling out DJ is like if Woodley started calling out Conor for a lightweight title fight right after beating Lawler

What do you think these fanboys would have said about that..?

I put most of Mouse's quotes up the page before,
and while you may not want to read it,

they are HIS words.

- he was willing to fight Cody who hadnt defended his belt and fought in a higher weight class- DJ SAID HE ASKED OR CODY TO DROP DOWN AND FIGHT HIM
- When TJ asked, DJ said "no you arent champ"
- Once TJ was champ, Mouse FIRST said NO fighter should EVER be allowed to drop and challenge (EVEN THOUGH HE HAD JUST SUGGESTED CODY DO IT)
- THEN had a whole NEW set of ridiculous demands (3 title fights on the card, MUST include GSP vs Woodley, etc- shit NOONE has ever asked for.

They are his words, GO BACK A PAGE AND READ EM.

ITS IRONIC ALL OF YOU KEEP TYPING "KEYBOARD WARRIOT" KINDA SHIT-
since none of us know anything about each other in real life, why dont we reiew what the other pro fighters have to say about it?

the fighters overwhelmingly think DJ looks bad in this.
Why didnt you make this thread about TJ not wanting to defend his belt against the top contender?

Edgar was an injury replacement and was scheduled to fight someone else in order to earn a shot.

Penn moved up.

It's never existed because the situation has never happened. This is the first time we've had a champ beg to move down to challenge a lower weight champion.

You keep trying to argue precedence. There isn't any.

You say one one hand that DJ shouldn't be able to turn down a fight against someone that fights at 125, then on the other hand say TJ shouldn't have to make 125. You're all over the place trying to create false justification to cover up whatever your real feelings on the matter are.
You keep adding qualifiers and moving the goal posts.

First guys do not move divisions without first proving themselves. I show you are wrong and name all sorts of guys who did and you seem ok with those guys doing that.

Then you say 'well they don't get title shots and that is different', and I prove you wrong with Edgar and you seem ok with that now saying 'he was an injury replacement'.

Your view on Injury replacements makes no sense if you are true to your concern that without a test cut the fight should not happen in a championship match as we are not sure he will make the weight. It is even tougher in an injury replacement as the guy typically has less time to cut.

The FACT of the matter and precedent is that the UFC has not cared if a guy moving divisions had a test fight or not before giving them a title fight. they have let guys move up and down and jump right into title shots many times. If you want to change the goal posts and say ya but there may be precedent for guys moving up, and there may be precedent for guys moving down and getting an immediate title shot BUT there is no precedent for a guy moving down who did does not get his shot other than an injury replacement, you are just being silly. There is also no precedent for guys moving down who are not named Frankie so I guess that is your next required request. Show you guys not named Frankie.

You can try and squeeze the criteria all you want to pretend this is not something done by the UFC but it is and has always been on their plate. it is just fewer Champs want to fight down. Most want to fight up. But the UFC does not give a f*ck about that. They just want to make he big fights. And whether a Champ is moving up or down is meaningless to them. All they care is that the fighter be a professional and if he says he can make the weight then he does it. If Hughes, back in the day said he wanted to instead fight BJ for his LW title and that he could make the weight they would have extended that division for one more fight and allowed it. and he would not have to prove first by fighting a lesser LW first. If you doubt that you are fooling yourself.

The irony of people on a keyboard calling a person who trains and fights for a living both cowardly and pathetic is never lost on me.
Whenever ppl compare fighters to regular ppl means even they know they lost the arguement.

You keep adding qualifiers and moving the goal posts.

First guys do not move divisions without first proving themselves. I show you are wrong and name all sorts of guys who did and you seem ok with those guys doing that.

Then you say 'well they don't get title shots and that is different', and I prove you wrong with Edgar and you seem ok with that now saying 'he was an injury replacement'.

Your view on Injury replacements makes no sense if you are true to your concern that without a test cut the fight should not happen in a championship match as we are not sure he will make the weight. It is even tougher in an injury replacement as the guy typically has less time to cut.

The FACT of the matter and precedent is that the UFC has not cared if a guy moving divisions had a test fight or not before giving them a title fight. they have let guys move up and down and jump right into title shots many times. If you want to change the goal posts and say ya but there may be precedent for guys moving up, and there may be precedent for guys moving down and getting an immediate title shot BUT there is no precedent for a guy moving down who did does not get his shot other than an injury replacement, you are just being silly. There is also no precedent for guys moving down who are not named Frankie so I guess that is your next required request. Show you guys not named Frankie.

You can try and squeeze the criteria all you want to pretend this is not something done by the UFC but it is and has always been on their plate. it is just fewer Champs want to fight down. Most want to fight up. But the UFC does not give a f*ck about that. They just want to make he big fights. And whether a Champ is moving up or down is meaningless to them. All they care is that the fighter be a professional and if he says he can make the weight then he does it. If Hughes, back in the day said he wanted to instead fight BJ for his LW title and that he could make the weight they would have extended that division for one more fight and allowed it. and he would not have to prove first by fighting a lesser LW first. If you doubt that you are fooling yourself.

I've been talking about it being specific to this circumstance the whole time. You're the one flip flopping and creating false narratives. Why don't you just be honest about why you're upset about the fight not being made?

If DJ is the best pound 4 pound fighter in MMA, then move over because I am the MMA god. Would dust that 5 foot 100 pound midget
I doubt he"ll start a street fight with a 500 pound behemoth. Why do you feel threaten about a malnlet?

The word Karma is becoming a cliche on this site. Then again, most posters here would have zero to say without using cliches.
Can't say I even recall the last time hearing that word being used on here it's been so long. I have a very solid grasp on what the term & philosophy mean & I do believe in the metaphysical reality... so I'm not just throwing out some "trendy" word... as you seem to be implying.

Tbh... I think people belittling others for saying something real... is the main cliche on this site.

Why you calling me out anyway? Why don't you just enjoy the show instead of trying to disrupt it by kicking sh*t over while the grown ups are on stage? :p You're as bad as these grammar cops on here.<Eek2.0>

Last edited:
Fighting there before where he had losses does not mean he wants to go back. I don't think he needs to go back. That is entirely up to him. I just think he needs to fight all comers who make weight in his division and that the UFC puts forward. That is ALL champs obligation. And him saying he 'wants $2MM' is nice. Do those economics make any sense to the UFC based on what he draws and returns?

i would like 10X my current pay from my work but the economics make sense or they do not based on the value i provide. If the UFC thinks he is worth $2MM i have no issue with that.
Who would u like to see him fight?

DJ's talented, athletic and special, but lost any respect of for being a warrior.

Fighters accept bouts all of the time while feeling a sense of anxiety or even fear.

At times fighters have later admitted they entered the ring expecting they may lose,
but embraced it and with courage chose to give it hell anyway...

SOMETIMES, because they gave it hell,
they even WON due to their warrior spirit.

I cant be certain DJ expected to lose, but butterflies were enough for him to bow his head,
and to me its pathetic.

Cowardice is a far worse trait than cheating in a test of combat.

DISAGREE? SKIP TO POST #92 OF THIS THREAD.
The lack of original thought is outstanding. You are parroting what TJ said, and has already been mentioned in other threads.

As someone mentioned before, TJ accepted the Cody rematch while DJ was recovering from surgery, if anything. TJ is the pathetic one for trying to spin this story into his little fairy tale.

Anyways what coward punches down? I don’t see him barking up to Holloway.

Those who know what’s up know what’s up.

Who would u like to see him fight?
Don't care.

I just don't want another bad precedent accepted where a sitting Champ can turn down a fight against someone put forth by the ORG who is going to make weight in his division and contend.

The Champ be willing to take on any and all challengers who are willing to make weight in their division and contend if the UFC is putting that person forth. That is, by definition what the Champs contract is for.

Isn’t this what happens regardless? The fighter who misses weight forfeits a percentage of their earnings, and cannot win the title.

So what additional guarantees are needed?
Because TJ has NEVER, EVER made 125 before and there's a good chance he can't make it. He goes through a killer cut to make 135.

That's why MM said just take a fight at 125 and if you win it's on. It's one thing to compete in a division a multiple times and then miss weight. It's totally another thing to be gifted a TS at a lower weight class that you've NEVER competed in before then miss weight the first time you attempt it.

MM isn't trying to screw himself for the company.

Don't care.

I just don't want another bad precedent accepted where a sitting Champ can turn down a fight against someone put forth by the ORG who is going to make weight in his division and contend.

The Champ be willing to take on any and all challengers who are willing to make weight in their division and contend if the UFC is putting that person forth. That is, by definition what the Champs contract is for.
I agree as long as they can MAKE the weight. There's a good chance TJ can't.

Keep in mind this is unprecedented in MMA history where you have a heavier champ dropping down to fight a lighter champ. I still don't understand why TJ isn't calling out Holloway.

Lol wtf nub

NEWB?

um... good one.
im assuming you wrote that because youve been around long enough to be 1 of the few who associate this profile with my old one.

if not, and yer just talkin smack, you'd laugh realizing who this is, lm about as from a new 1 can be, in every sense.

and typically you and i agree, alhough every 9 months or so you do seem to run offf at the lip. otherwise 1 of the better posters around.

I agree as long as they can MAKE the weight. There's a good chance TJ can't.

Keep in mind this is unprecedented in MMA history where you have a heavier champ dropping down to fight a lighter champ. I still don't understand why TJ isn't calling out Holloway.
I just do not think that what fans think with regards to a fighter begin able to make weight should matter.

Can you imagine if that becomes a thing. 10 fighters want to drop weight but if any fans don't think they can make weight they should not get the fight.

TJ has no history of not making weight that i know of. Correct me if I am wrong. He seems to conduct himself professionally and does not swing in weight much between fights. I will give him the benefit of the doubt, as all fighters get changing weight classes, that he will conduct himself as a professional and make the weight he is contracted too. Particularly for such a big fight where missing would deny him being able to get that second belt and the promotional advantage he would use that for.

I've been talking about it being specific to this circumstance the whole time. You're the one flip flopping and creating false narratives. Why don't you just be honest about why you're upset about the fight not being made?
No you have changed your circumstances over and over as I cornered you on being wrong. Every Time I prove you wrong you try to narrow and squeeze the criteria so it only applies to this fight.

When I proved to you with examples that fighters do move up and down regularly without having to prove themself in the division first...

You then went on to Champs do not do it.

When I proved that champs do move up and down and gave examples you changed to suggest the guys going up were ok but not down.

When I proved Frankie went down and got an immediate shot, you then said it was ok because he was a late replacement.

WTF how does being a late replacement change your point that no one should fight for the belt at the weight class below without proving themselves first because you are concerned they won't make weight. Being a late replacement makes it tougher to make weight.

So now what is your position? It is ok to move up or down and fight for a belt without a single fight in the division. Guys who move up can do so without restriction. Guys who move down can only do so on short notice. But for anyone else it is wrong. Or is your next restriction going to be 'how many guys named TJ have done it? Until more guys name TJ do it, it should not happen.'

No you have changed your circumstances over and over as I cornered you on being wrong. Every Time I prove you wrong you try to narrow and squeeze the criteria so it only applies to this fight.

When I proved to you with examples that fighters do move up and down regularly without having to prove themself in the division first...

You then went on to Champs do not do it.

When I proved that champs do move up and down and gave examples you changed to suggest the guys going up were ok but not down.

When I proved Frankie went down and got an immediate shot, you then said it was ok because he was a late replacement.

WTF how does being a late replacement change your point that no one should fight for the belt at the weight class below without proving themselves first because you are concerned they won't make weight. Being a late replacement makes it tougher to make weight.

So now what is your position? It is ok to move up or down and fight for a belt without a single fight in the division. Guys who move up can do so without restriction. Guys who move down can only do so on short notice. But for anyone else it is wrong. Or is your next restriction going to be 'how many guys named TJ have done it? Until more guys name TJ do it, it should not happen.'

Wait wait wait. So what you're saying is several totally different scenarios mean this scenario is justifiable?

I haven't changed my stance once. You've flip flopped all over the place.

Wait wait wait. So what you're saying is several totally different scenarios mean this scenario is justifiable?

I haven't changed my stance once. You've flip flopped all over the place.
Nope that is just your problem with comprehension popping up again. A consistent problem throughout this thread for you.

You've defined yourself into corners over and over and when I paint you in you try to change the goal posts knowing you were wrong.

Your last POV was to say : no one has dropped into Championship fights at the weight class below without proving themself first and you think that is right because there is a risk they won't make weight.

When I give you Edgar as an example who did just that you say 'durr ok, Oops ya he did. But he was an injury replacement so that it makes it ok'

Being an injury replacement makes it WORSE. Its harder to make weight with a shorter camp. So your main point is exposed again and proven false.

So then what was your next attempted shift again? Was it 'hurr durr, well he is named Frankie. Show me a guy not named Frankie who has done it? You can't can you. Different situation so I am right. Hurr durr!'

Fact of the matter is the UFC has never had ANY type restrictions on fighters moving between divisions. they have allowed it for guys moving up, guys moving down, guys in non title fights, and guys in title fights, and the only restriction is that you make the weight on FIGHT DAY. That is the only consistent thing we can say on the subject in the UFC to date.

Nope that is just your problem with comprehension popping up again. A consistent problem throughout this thread for you.

You've defined yourself into corners over and over and when I paint you in you try to change the goal posts knowing you were wrong.

Your last POV was to say : no one has dropped into Championship fights at the weight class below without proving themself first and you think that is right because there is a risk they won't make weight.

When I give you Edgar as an example who did just that you say 'durr ok, Oops ya he did. But he was an injury replacement so that it makes it ok'

Being an injury replacement makes it WORSE. Its harder to make weight with a shorter camp. So your main point is exposed again and proven false.

So then what was your next attempted shift again? Was it 'hurr durr, well he is named Frankie. Show me a guy not named Frankie who has done it? You can't can you. Different situation so I am right. Hurr durr!'

Fact of the matter is the UFC has never had ANY type restrictions on fighters moving between divisions. they have allowed it for guys moving up, guys moving down, guys in non title fights, and guys in title fights, and the only restriction is that you make the weight on FIGHT DAY. That is the only consistent thing we can say on the subject in the UFC to date.

I said no champion has begged for a title fight in the weight class below.

Frankie Edgar didn't beg for a fight. He was given it because he was in the right place at the right time when the guy who was challenging got injured. Try again

You said
No champion under contract should be able to turn down fights from fighters in his weight class.

TJ is not, nor has ever been a fighter in Djs weight class.

Back