DJI Mavic Pro

SwamiLeoni

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Do any of you guys have one of these drones? They’re relatively inexpensive and they seem to be decently advanced. My buddy brought his to a wedding last weekend and it was pretty cool see the 4k pics and video it captured. I want to get one for our vacation to Hawaii but I’m unsure which package to buy. Amazon has a ton of resellers but some seem to be better than others. Costco has a $1200 package that comes with a VR type headset but doesn’t include extra blades and batteries. Just thought I’d get some opinions before I take a $1000 plunge.

DJI Website:
https://www.dji.com/mavic
61qc5w63VdL._SX425_.jpg

Costco Deal:
https://www.costco.com/.product.100411600.html?&EMID=B2C_2018_0611_SamsungCiti

I did some research because I was looking into buying one and I heard only good things about it. I made my decision to choose this over its competitors, however, I decided to spend the money on something else.

I can't speak from a user standpoint, but in terms of what I've seen, I would say that it is a great option if you're looking to get into drones. I'll probably get one later in the year.

I did some research because I was looking into buying one and I heard only good things about it. I made my decision to choose this over its competitors, however, I decided to spend the money on something else.

I can't speak from a user standpoint, but in terms of what I've seen, I would say that it is a great option if you're looking to get into drones. I'll probably get one later in the year.

Everything I've read suggests this is the best drone for amateurs who want to capture drone video. I'm 95% sure I'll pick this one, I just want a great packaged deal with it. I don't trust a lot of the Amazon resellers.

I have an Air and it's great. The Pro does have slightly longer battery and slightly better video. But, the Air does some things better as well including having more sensors for safety.

By the way, they have deals all the time on the Pro since it's older technology. You should be able to get it under $1000, maybe well under $1000. The Air is also under $1000.

I have an Air and it's great. The Pro does have slightly longer battery and slightly better video. But, the Air does some things better as well including having more sensors for safety.

By the way, they have deals all the time on the Pro since it's older technology. You should be able to get it under $1000, maybe well under $1000. The Air is also under $1000.

My buddy with the drone sent me a link to the Air. I haven't read much about it as I thought the Pro was their flagship drone and figured that was the better one.

So it does everything the Pro does but it's got better sensors and it's quieter? The costco is the Pro Platinum which I think gives about 5-7 more minutes flight time and it's much more quiet than the Pro.

I've had the Mavic pro for about a year. I definitely recommend it even though it has it's fair share of problems. But if I was you, I'd wait until the new one comes out soon so you can get the older version at a discount.

As cool as it is, it sucks that there are so many regulations. There are a lot of places that you aren't supposed to be flying it technically

I've had the Mavic pro for about a year. I definitely recommend it even though it has it's fair share of problems. But if I was you, I'd wait until the new one comes out soon so you can get the older version at a discount.

As cool as it is, it sucks that there are so many regulations. There are a lot of places that you aren't supposed to be flying it technically

Any idea when those will come out? I'm fine with not flying around public spaces. I couldn't imagine how I would feel if my drone flew over a freeway and crashed.

My buddy with the drone sent me a link to the Air. I haven't read much about it as I thought the Pro was their flagship drone and figured that was the better one.

So it does everything the Pro does but it's got better sensors and it's quieter? The costco is the Pro Platinum which I think gives about 5-7 more minutes flight time and it's much more quiet than the Pro.

If you're taking it to Hawaii, the Air is more portable. I just took it in basically a carry on to Boston this weekend no problem. Plus, you can throw it in a backpack. The Pro is fairly portable, but the Air is really portable.

Do you know anything about videography? If you do, you definitely need a set of ND filters too.

Everything I've read suggests this is the best drone for amateurs who want to capture drone video. I'm 95% sure I'll pick this one, I just want a great packaged deal with it. I don't trust a lot of the Amazon resellers.
It is. I've flown it. A friend owns this specific model.

It's everything as promised. IIRC, he actually got it to fly a lot higher than the quoted ceiling, in fact, although I think that's technically illegal in most places due to airspace rules, but he wanted to test it.

*Edit* Oh yeah, the one and only issue is that it can run too hot sometimes if you leave that faceplate on (assuming you live somewhere that has high ambient temperatures in the summer as I do where I live). By taking it off, this is immediately resolved, but then you don't have protection against the elements/bugs for the camera lens when you're flying it around.

The footage is 4k. It doesn't actually reference the pics, which frankly, are mediocre by pro standards at only 12 megapixel on a crop sensor. The Mavic is a cool drone, though, in that it is insanely easy to fly and has great auto detection features at a cheap price. Plus, it's small and still handles wind well.

Their flagship drone is the Inspire. High level camera and a superior gimble.

The footage is 4k. It doesn't actually reference the pics, which frankly, are mediocre by pro standards at only 12 megapixel on a crop sensor. The Mavic is a cool drone, though, in that it is insanely easy to fly and has great auto detection features at a cheap price. Plus, it's small and still handles wind well.

It's designed for video primarily. More pixels = worse in low light. It's only got a 1/2.3 sensor.

Like 3 years ago. They already have the Inspire 2. My friend has had an Inspire for about 2 years.

Nice. I'd love to pick one up but I can't justify the expense right now. A 4/3 format sensor on a beast of a drone... Must be nice. ;D

My buddy owns the phantom 3, which is great although the camera isnt as solid as the new 4 with the full frame. If you're buying one just to have fun, the mavic or even spark are great ideas, but if one is serious about photography the higher end ones are very alluring.

....yeah, I'm aware. That is what one calls a crop sensor.

A crop sensor is any sensor that is not full frame. A 1/2.3 is typically a consumer sensor. Mavic pro is not really a pro level drone, it's a consumer drone. Can't expect pro results from it, not even from the video.

Nice. I'd love to pick one up but I can't justify the expense right now. A 4/3 format sensor on a beast of a drone... Must be nice. ;D

My buddy owns the phantom 3, which is great although the camera isnt as solid as the new 4 with the full frame. If you're buying one just to have fun, the mavic or even spark are great ideas, but if one is serious about photography the higher end ones are very alluring.

They've released a phantom with full frame?

Back