DJI Mavic Pro

A crop sensor is any sensor that is not full frame. A 1/2.3 is typically a consumer sensor. Mavic pro is not really a pro level drone, it's a consumer drone. Can't expect pro results from it, not even from the video.

Ah, got your point.

Yeah, the phantom 4 2.0. I think both options are the same camera - 20mp.. Ah, not a full frame. Never mind. ;D

A 1".

Ah, Yeah I was a bit surprised when you said that since DJI have only gone up to m4/3 so far. Though I have seen an a7 mounted onto a phantom before, but I think that was a custom made rig.

Ah, Yeah I was a bit surprised when you said that since DJI have only gone up to m4/3 so far. Though I have seen an a7 mounted onto a phantom before, but I think that was a custom made rig.

I was just looking at comparisons. I didnt even realize how much smaller a 1" sensor is than most 35mm/full or even APS-C.

Been considering buying a drone (for fun and for real estate) but the cameras are advancing on them so rapidly it always feels like you're buying tomorrow's junk. They're really just equipped with cellphone cameras u less you spend upward of $2k - which is logical, as my camera body cost more than that.

Do any of you guys have one of these drones? They’re relatively inexpensive and they seem to be decently advanced. My buddy brought his to a wedding last weekend and it was pretty cool see the 4k pics and video it captured. I want to get one for our vacation to Hawaii but I’m unsure which package to buy. Amazon has a ton of resellers but some seem to be better than others. Costco has a $1200 package that comes with a VR type headset but doesn’t include extra blades and batteries. Just thought I’d get some opinions before I take a $1000 plunge.

DJI Website:
https://www.dji.com/mavic
61qc5w63VdL._SX425_.jpg

Costco Deal:
https://www.costco.com/.product.100411600.html?&EMID=B2C_2018_0611_SamsungCiti

We took one up to the summit of a mountain in Slovenia today and a couple hundred metres over Lake Bled yesterday.

Ill try and get the footage in this thread, it's pretty sweet.

The new parrot anafi (I think it's called) sounds like it could be an interesting model. Might actually make them more competitive in the higher end consumer space, as long as it doesn't fly off into the sea.

Nice. I'd love to pick one up but I can't justify the expense right now. A 4/3 format sensor on a beast of a drone... Must be nice. ;D

My buddy owns the phantom 3, which is great although the camera isnt as solid as the new 4 with the full frame. If you're buying one just to have fun, the mavic or even spark are great ideas, but if one is serious about photography the higher end ones are very alluring.

I have a Phantom Pro 3 and a Mavic Air. I fly the Air all the time now. I've had the Pro 3 for almost two years now though.

I have a Phantom Pro 3 and a Mavic Air. I fly the Air all the time now. I've had the Pro 3 for almost two years now though.

Was it you that posted a bunch of pics from your drone a while back?

I intend to buy one soon but just don't want to spend more than 500. Will probably pick up a refurbished mavic. The technology is just in such rapid advancement that there isn't much stability, and in terms of camera quality, what you buy now will be garbage by comparison in a year.

I know people sort of state this about all technology, but it is more significant when new products emerge.

So Im just gonna spend a little bit to have one on hand and enjoy it. Perhaps will spend $3k on one once the camera sensors have improved across all lines in a few years.

The new parrot anafi (I think it's called) sounds like it could be an interesting model. Might actually make them more competitive in the higher end consumer space, as long as it doesn't fly off into the sea.

Comments online seem to suggest that it is very similar to the Air, with the exception that a number of people reported them flying off and disappearing. LOL!

Like 3 years ago. They already have the Inspire 2. My friend has had an Inspire for about 2 years.
Oh, okay, I didn't recollect seeing anything about that model. I recalled when my friend bought his that the Mavic Pro was listed by pretty much every single tech site as the best overall consumer-class drone with all the more expensive models actually not providing the better experience (sort of like how iPhone 8 Plus users have the highest satisfaction among the current iPhone crop above the iPhone X users). It's not always as simple as spec sheets, after all.

Did the Inspire 2 flip the script?

Oh, okay, I didn't recollect seeing anything about that model. I recalled when my friend bought his that the Mavic Pro was listed by pretty much every single tech site as the best overall consumer-class drone with all the more expensive models actually not providing the better experience (sort of like how iPhone 8 Plus users have the highest satisfaction among the current iPhone crop above the iPhone X users). It's not always as simple as spec sheets, after all.

Inspire is their pro level drone.

Comments online seem to suggest that it is very similar to the Air, with the exception that a number of people reported them flying off and disappearing. LOL!

Yeah, seems to be an issue with Parrot more than any other manufacturer. Them flying off into the sea is a common joke.

Almost bought one a while back for my first drone. Saw one on sale half price (£200 down from £400) after reading about all that I opted for a cheap one. Considering the users are legally liable for their drone, last thing you want as an inexperienced operator is it flying off and doing some damage.

Yeah, seems to be an issue with Parrot more than any other manufacturer. Them flying off into the sea is a common joke.

Almost bought one a while back for my first drone. Saw one on sale half price (£200 down from £400) after reading about all that I opted for a cheap one. Considering the users are legally liable for their drone, last thing you want as an inexperienced operator is it flying off and doing some damage.

I think it's a conspiracy. Theyre bombing Syrians and blaming us.

The inspire isn't even in the same class. It is superior all around (actually, at a glance, it looks like the newest phantom has superior obstacle avoidance) and I believe you can swap out lenses on it. It is considered a pro drone (but frankly, I'd look elsewhere for either cinematic use or extremely high quality photography, if one had the budget).

Do any of you guys have one of these drones? They’re relatively inexpensive and they seem to be decently advanced. My buddy brought his to a wedding last weekend and it was pretty cool see the 4k pics and video it captured. I want to get one for our vacation to Hawaii but I’m unsure which package to buy. Amazon has a ton of resellers but some seem to be better than others. Costco has a $1200 package that comes with a VR type headset but doesn’t include extra blades and batteries. Just thought I’d get some opinions before I take a $1000 plunge.

DJI Website:
61qc5w63VdL._SX425_.jpg

Costco Deal:
ISIS uses DJI, this probably means they are good for their price lol

Here are two videos that I have done. Shot in 4k but I only uploaded in 1080p due to size.

The quality looks a lot better on the original file instead of being streamed on my google drive

DJI Website:
61qc5w63VdL._SX425_.jpg

Costco Deal:

This shot was at around 8000ft in the wind.

Lake Bled

Inspire is a total different drone for different purposes. I own one, and it works great, flies in high wind etc... BUT you cannot take it everywhere, and where people would leave you alone with your Mavic they will call the cops as its a big machine. It also takes a ton of time to set up.

Back