Dmitry Bivol vs Sullivan Barrera: Who Wins?

ArtemV

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
I think this is a good test for Bivol, Barrera has 21 wins with 14 ko/tko wins and retired another fighter on his stool. He has wins over Shabransky (whom Kovalev last defeated by tko) and has his lone loss to Ward.

Despite his experience, I think that Bivol will win this fight under 6 rounds.

I also think Kovalev will win with a late stoppage vs Mikhalkin.

really tough call. I'm a big believer in Bivol, but he hasn't really faced anybody good yet (Valera is aight I guess, and fair play to Bivol, he beat him easier than Barrera). This fight is near 50-50, just because we know what Barrera is made of, but we don't really know what Bivol is capable of. He might be a totally overrated hypejob, he might be the future P4P #1.

I'm picking Bivol, but I'm throwing no money on it, Sullivan is a dog.

really tough call. I'm a big believer in Bivol, but he hasn't really faced anybody good yet (Valera is aight I guess, and fair play to Bivol, he beat him easier than Barrera). This fight is near 50-50, just because we know what Barrera is made of, but we don't really know what Bivol is capable of. He might be a totally overrated hypejob, he might be the future P4P #1.

I agree, Bivol's opponents have nice records, but Broadhurst hadn't fought anybody out of Australia until getting slept and Agnew's wins are against guys with 0-6, 2-3-1, 1-5 and 1-4-1 records lol.

I like Bivol, he, like Gvozdyk (who I am also looking forward to watch soon) both have a very good straight right, nice and quick with no telegraph. Not much guys have a good right straight these days.

Barrera is the perfect opponent for Bivol, anybody can beat Barrera the first 4 rounds, Im eager to see Bivol what he does after the 4 rounds, dump his load like Smith or maintain a hard pace and rythm like Ward

Last edited:
I'm way more interested in this fight than Kovalev or either of the fights on Showtime. If Sullivan makes it out of the first 6 rounds his slick game should snag him a decision. That's a big "if" though. I'm not very confident in my pick and that means the matchmakers have done a great job!

Pretty much this. I really liked Barrera in his last few fights. I hadn't heard of him before the Ward fight, and Ward shut him down... but he has turned it around, I like that story line quite a bit.

Bivol seems a bit robotic, but even a robotic fighter with solid fundamentals AND power will likely get some shots in at least. Barrera is there to be hit at times to.

I saw Andre Ward to a face off with Bivol.. so if Bivol looks like a killer here, I definitely see Ward coming back for him. Would be pretty dumb to retire and come back to the same division.. Just speculation, so whatever

Barrera doesn't have a great defence, and he can be floored. I'm not wholly convicned of Bivol's overall game, but he definitely can punch, and I can see him getting to Barrera early. Still, Barrera is a good counter puncher with a bit of power, and that might cause a fighter like Bivol some real problems if he does lack craft. Bivol should be favoured. Hopefully we learn more about him in this fight.

Barrera UD.

Much better fighter than he gets credit.

Both guys are really good and I don't know who is going to win. These are the type of fights we need more of.

2 years ago before he got big, Bivol liked one of my wrestling photos on instagram.

I'm a fan for life lol

Back