Dmitry Bivol willing to fight Alvarez in December

Great matchup and unpredictable outcome, IMO. Bivol would tag Alvarez clean, but Alvarez has what it takes to derail a Russian straight punching machine over 12 rounds. What Bivol lacks in experience he makes up with his stamina, though. I think he gets a close JD.

I see them making this fight easily because Alvarez has in his contract an imediate rematch, (they have to confirm the rematch takes place by early october) Kathy Duva could easily say "you wont have to do the rematch if you fight Bivol instead. I dont want the Kovalev rematch anyway, only Kovalev fan boys thing the Alvarez win was BS. Alvarez vs Bivol is a 50/50 fight but I think the location could play into what the judges see. I think Bivol would be in super super tough in montreal.

See, that's legitimate, but we have to remember that Chilemba tends to make fighters look bad. He made Alvarez look bad too IMO, worse than Bivol.

I see some comparisons between Bivol and Kov, but I think Bivol is better TBH. He's more mobile, and he fights smarter, I don't think he's going to be trying to trade like Kov did and freaking out when his punches don't hurt his opponent, he'll just shift his focus to moving more. His stamina usually holds up, and his feet and hands are fast, so I think he's the kind of guy that will be bouncing in and out against Alvarez. Not that I don't think Alvarez has a legitimate chance, but Bivol seems little too polished for me.

I will say though, I'm starting to question Bivols killer instinct a bit. His power seems to be less that natural brutal poewr and instead seems to be the power you get from just perfectly placing punches.

That was going to be my next question, if you put bivol right now over kov. Idk if i do right at this moment but i would love to see that fight.

Rumor is kov is going to take the rematch

That was going to be my next question, if you put bivol right now over kov. Idk if i do right at this moment but i would love to see that fight.

Rumor is kov is going to take the rematch
I think Bivol would spank Kov if they fought now. More technically sound and defensively responsible. Seems to have better stamina. He doesn't have Kovs power or killer instinct, but I think he'd make Kov look bad. Then again, who knows? Kov seemed to be gaining steam in the latter half of his fight with Alvarez. If he fights smarter, and doesn't just go all out in an attempt to KO Alvarez, he might be able to box his way to a decision, but I doubt it. I think Kov likely gets beat up in the rematch, though I think he sees the scorecards this time.

Back