Do all women have terrible sense of direction?

Discussion in 'Mayberry Lounge' started by no fat chicks, Mar 12, 2018.

1. no fat chicks

no fat chicks Worlds greatest poster

Just finished trying to get to a place my girlfriend wanted me to meet at. After reading her directions and then finding the place it couldn't be anymore off. This isn't exclusive to her either it seems like almost all women give horrible directions. What gives

Bubzeh and Pugilistic like this.
  2. nostradumbass

nostradumbass Gold Belt

They give a series of landmarks, not street names or actual direction.

JSN and no fat chicks like this.
  3. Peteyandjia

Peteyandjia Iridescent Algae Staff Member Forum Administrator Senior Moderator Administrator

Guys tend to have better spacial awareness, girls tend to have better emotional awareness.

That's why it takes a chick 20 minutes to park a car, and it takes a guy 20 minutes to talk about how he really feels.

4. Bacco

Bacco Black Belt

She's better than me in a city, i'm better than her while hiking or walking in some woods

Her one is much more useful lol

biscuitsbrah likes this.
  5. Pugilistic

Pugilistic Red Belt

I had a similar experience with a female friend who was in the area of my workplace and asked me to meet up after work. She told me she's in a bar in the area (gave me the name of the freaking district, and it's a big district) and I'm like "send me the exact location of the bar because it's a huge district." She gets annoyed and sends me the location which turns out to be a 10 minute walk on the on the opposite side of the street of where the bar actually was. She sends me the wrong direction and scoffs, "I thought men were better at directions." Was pretty annoying.

I think in general compared to men, yes they are bad at directions, but my hypothesis is that women tend to rely on men to find direction when they're with them. My friend who I traveled with for example seemed space out and have no idea where she was when she was with me (and she admitted this) but when we parted and explored separately, she seemed to have little trouble finding her way.

The person with the worst sense of direction I ever met though was a man. Dude would get lost trying to find a place he's been to several times before and was always late. It was really annoying. He destroyed my stereotype that women have a bad sense of direction.

6. NoGoodNamesLeft

NoGoodNamesLeft Black Belt

so would transgender women also be bad at thgis?

7. Cardio

Cardio Blue Belt

Yes, and if it weren't for the "Send location" feature on WhatsApp - 2/3 of all men going on dates would never be able to reach these girls, due to their horrible, senseless way of giving directions.

no fat chicks likes this.
  8. steve38

steve38 Black Belt

One time I called a girl to ask her where a certain bank was, and her response was, "Uhm....It's just there...everybody knows where that is". Ok, thanks!

Kraysla, Mocrates, Nesk and 4 others like this.
  9. Zanatos333

Zanatos333 Purple Belt

Ask for the name of the place they are at. Then just look it up on your phone. Never ask how to get there or even where it is. Its just not worth it.

Mocrates, Nesk and billiam like this.
  10. JSN

JSN #NotMyNelly

I read somewhere that man tend to mentally map areas whereas women use landmarks. So basically yeah they have a ahitty sense of direction. They didnt need one throughout the majority of human evolution because they were chained to a stove anyway.

11. Uber_Noober

Uber_Noober Red Belt

12. moreorless87

moreorless87 Under Your Skin

Generally I tend to think that's the case for a lot of gender differences, there is a natural difference but it will often as not be played up more socially.

That said americans shouldn't really be boasting too much, not exactly hard on a grid system is it? come to the UK full of medieval town plans and one way roads and give yourself a real test.

Nesk likes this.
  13. Woldog

Woldog Boxer

Women do not come equipped with a very good quality GPS like Men do.

14. Graves

Graves ******WTF Belt****** Platinum Member

Google Maps ftw

Dusty Rhodes likes this.
  15. Pugilistic

Pugilistic Red Belt

To be fair in this day and age, it'll be hard to get lost at all since everybody carries a map and gps with them. I guess it made it even more annoying that my friend sent me the wrong location. It's not that hard to push location on your phone.

16. RockstarChris

RockstarChris The Devil Of Sherdogs Laundry Room

whats worse is guys or girls that are unwilling to ask for directions or help at all.

Clear Winner likes this.
  17. RockstarChris

RockstarChris The Devil Of Sherdogs Laundry Room

everytime i see either of my sisters cars i cringe. scratches, dents, random holes. damage i dont even know how its possible they got. my sisters cars look like they served a couple tours in the middle east. And they dont even care. lol. my cars i cleaned every week and armoraled the inside and all that stuff.

18. ralphc1

ralphc1 Steel Belt Platinum Member

I made the mistake of not getting an address back in the 70s when there was no GPS. My girlfriend at the time claimed she knew how to get to her sisters home. We ended up having to call from a pay phone and her sisters husband wasn't there. I told my girlfriend to just get the address and I was able to find it.

There are many people who don't understand a map.

no fat chicks likes this.
  19. IIIIIIII

IIIIIIII Titanium Belt

I always thought it was because women have no interest in knowing their surroundings, and they could always get a guy to help them out. At least that's the impression i've gotten from lots of women lol.

biscuitsbrah and Macktruckbuck like this.
  20. wonderbread

wonderbread Stiff Member

No.. you're just dating a dumb one.