Do beets make you feel odd?

RawHawg

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
I've been including some raw beets in my diet lately. The first time I ate part of one raw, I felt pretty weird - kind of light-headed and queasy, but it passed pretty quick. I find canned beets don't cause this, but raw ones do. Has anyone else ever experienced anything like this with raw beets? The health benefits listed for raw beets seem really good.

Are you talking about beetroot, that red stuff?

All I observed so far is that the piss turns reddish and I tend to have a sour throat after eating them (blended).

They are anti-inflammatory and oxidants.

No but they're a rich source of nitrates which can lower your blood pressure. So maybe that. Or maybe just pure co-incidence.

Maybe pesticides if they're not organic

Are you talking about beetroot, that red stuff?

All I observed so far is that the piss turns reddish and I tend to have a sour throat after eating them (blended).

They are anti-inflammatory and oxidants.

I juice beets and they definitely make your poop reddish. It turns the water reddish as if you pissed blood.

The only thing that I've juiced that made me feel weird is red cabbage. Sweet Jesus, i almost called 911. I thought my chest was going to explode. I couldn't sit still and i was totally messed up. I didn't know whether to lie down or go for a run or get an ambulance.

You felt a great disturbance, as if a million McNuggets cried out begging for more sweet and sour sauce.

I juice beets and they definitely make your poop reddish. It turns the water reddish as if you pissed blood.

The only thing that I've juiced that made me feel weird is red cabbage. Sweet Jesus, i almost called 911. I thought my chest was going to explode. I couldn't sit still and i was totally messed up. I didn't know whether to lie down or go for a run or get an ambulance.

I tried with brocoli and wasn't a pleasant experience. Blended, not juiced. Cabbage has something that produces intestinal gas.

I blended yesterday a beet. Maybe a little queesy, not sure.

To my knowledge, I've never eaten a beet or even tasted one.
They look disgusting.

To my knowledge, I've never eaten a beet or even tasted one.
They look disgusting.
dwight.jpg

I tried with brocoli and wasn't a pleasant experience. Blended, not juiced. Cabbage has something that produces intestinal gas.

I blended yesterday a beet. Maybe a little queesy, not sure.

I only juice green apples, kale and beets now. I buy bolthouse carrot juice to complete the veggie color spectrum.

Red cabbage is some otherworldly shit. I juiced 1/4 of a small head and it nearly tore me up. I felt like the poor guy in Alien with the beast ready to pop out of my chest.

One time I juiced a beet and drank the juice. Felt pretty queasy afterwards, body was like "We ain't trained to handle so many MINERALS and VITAMINS. MAKE IT STOP."

Never felt strange after taking them. They give an energy boost and clean the blood.

One time I juiced a beet and drank the juice. Felt pretty queasy afterwards, body was like "We ain't trained to handle so many MINERALS and VITAMINS. MAKE IT STOP."

It definitely balances the bitterness of juiced kale. I've settled into juicing kale, green apples and beets. I mix in some frozen low sugar fruit, and that's it. Beets are cheap and high nutrition content but remember they have a lot of sugar (like carrots).

Beet juice can make a person queasy.
I forgot the medical reasons.

You have to build tolerance to it by slowly increasing the amounts.
It IS very healthy though.

Back